Jets and Giants Negotiating Stadium Naming Rights

Chadwick10

Sorry for bumping this but I have a little more proof that I am correct. Just now during the GIANTS game Al Michaels called it the MEADOWLANDS, not Giants Stadium.

EDIT: He just did it again. OH MY GOD! Everyone always calls it Giants Stadium! WHA WHA WHA I guess this further proves that you guys just have inferiority complexes

Are you deaf? They said We'll come back to Giants Stadium after the break, and then "at the Meadowlands" that you're talking about now. I knew you'd selectively hear that too.

This is just pathetic you loser. Someone's definitely got a complex, and it's you.

Here's an article on NFL.COM: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/preview?game_id=29528&displayPage=tab_preview&season=2008&week=REG1&override=true

New York, which won 11 consecutive games away from Giants Stadium, ended New England's bid for a perfect season with a 17-14 victory that is arguably the biggest upset in Super Bowl history.

Are you deaf? They said We'll come back to Giants Stadium after the break, and then "at the Meadowlands" that you're talking about now. I knew you'd selectively hear that too.

This is just pathetic you loser. Someone's definitely got a complex, and it's you.

No I'll admit they said Giants stadium since then but when they started the game and just opened up over the stadium Al Michaels just said "We're here at the meadowlands" and didn't say Giants stadium at all. After about 20 minutes in the broadcast he started refering to it as Giants stadium.

No I'll admit they said Giants stadium since then but when they started the game and just opened up over the stadium Al Michaels just said "We're here at the meadowlands" and didn't say Giants stadium at all. After about 20 minutes in the broadcast he started refering to it as Giants stadium.

Dude, what are you even arguing then? I thought you said it was never called Giants Stadium or something?

Dude, what are you even arguing then? I thought you said it was never called Giants Stadium or something?

I never said it was never called Giants stadium. My argument was that it's not known only as Giant stadium and the that new stadium wouldn't be known as Giants stadium. We're we just arguing for pretty much no reason? That would be pretty dumb.

I never said it was never called Giants stadium. My argument was that it's not known only as Giant stadium and the that new stadium wouldn't be known as Giants stadium. We're we just arguing for pretty much no reason? That would be pretty dumb.

Well of course the new stadium won't be Giants Stadium.

But the official name of the current one is Giants Stadium. It's listed on the side. Meadowlands is a nick name for it. At all Jets games it is called the Meadowlands because it'd look stupid to refer to it as Giants Stadium at a Jets game. This is basic stuff even on the wiki entry. At Giants games it is usually called Giants Stadium, and every Giants fan will call it that as well. I know a lot of Giants fans, and according to the NY media there are more of them than us anyway.

Giants Stadium is not some esoteric name that nobody knows. I don't know what is going on in this thread anymore, but that's all I'm saying.

Well of course the new stadium won't be Giants Stadium.

But the official name of the current one is Giants Stadium. It's listed on the side. Meadowlands is a nick name for it. At all Jets games it is called the Meadowlands because it'd look stupid to refer to it as Giants Stadium at a Jets game. This is basic stuff even on the wiki entry. At Giants games it is usually called Giants Stadium, and every Giants fan will call it that as well. I know a lot of Giants fans, and according to the NY media there are more of them than us anyway.

Giants Stadium is not some esoteric name that nobody knows. I don't know what is going on in this thread anymore, but that's all I'm saying.

I was arguing that noit everybody just calls it Giants stadium though. Yeah its pretty obviously the name but honestly its just a frequently called the meadowlands. I was arguing against people who said everyone calls it Giants stadium and gives the Jets no respect and it would happen in the new stadium no matter what the name, thus inferiority complex.

Archived