Would you be...

4HCrew

Of course every year all fans get fired up for the season opener, but does anyone feel a little extra energy with Favre running the team? I mean with Chad I would still be excited for the season but for some reason just feel like there is an extra jolt? ok I did just get back from happy hour

No doubt. I love the way the Jets' brass is going all inthis year. On paper, the team is full of rock stars, but the games are won between the hash marks. The key will be defense though, not Favre. I am just as fired up about Jenkins as I am Favre. Jenkins will be the catalyst for the defensive transformation to greatness.

Dude - are you kidding me? If Pennington was named the starter and was taking the snaps Sunday, I'd be learning the rules of tennis to watch the US Open this weekend. Which I put into the paint drying catagory.

With Favre we have a chance to score points, to keep the defense off the field and rested up to do damage, to come back if we get behind.

The thought of Chad Pennington taking any more snaps as the Jets QB is too depressing to contemplate now that we don't have to.

Can't wait till Sunday!

Cannot f'ing wait for this season to kick off. Am already sick and tired of the "what ifs" and the ****y, arrogant Dolphin fans who now think Chad Pennington is Jesus In Cleats and will somehow lead Miami to a Week 1 victory against the Jets. No, they arn't hoping or thinking it could happen, but they actually have the craziness in their minds to believe it will most definitely happen. Insane. Hasn't history taught them anything? No matter the records of the teams, the Jets have whipped the field clean with them for 10 seasons, guess what Miami, year 11 will be no different. Soon to be 17 Jets victories in last 21 contests and in December will be 18 of 22.

No question about it. This might be the best team we've fielded since our Super Bowl year. Dare I say this, but I think it might even be better, who wouldn't be pumped-up?

are you serious??? What an insult to the JEts faithful.

No question about it. This might be the best team we've fielded since our Super Bowl year. Dare I say this, but I think it might even be better, who wouldn't be pumped-up?

Don't dare you say it, because its not true.

Namath & Favre are both great Quarterbacks but the Jets Offensive Line, Running Backs and Wide Receivers back in '68-'69, were much, much better than what they have now.

Do you see Coles or Cotchery turning in Hall of Fame careers such as Don Maynard? How about either being as good as George Sauer? Or D'Brick being as good as Winston Hill?

This team can't sniff the 1968 teams jock.

I'm more excited about all the other side stories associated with this year's team.

1. How will Kris Jenkins sure up this D-line, and will that help or hurt David Harris pass his 127 tackle year from last year (I'm expecting a ridiculous 150+ effort this year from him).

2. Will Dwight Lowery continue his excellent play and capitalize on QB's throwing the ball his way trying to avoid Revis and exploit his professional level experience?

3. Will Dustin Keller have the expected impact of a 1st round pick? (I do think so, but not until the second half of the year, 45-50 receptions 5 TD's).

4. Will the secondary receivers have a huge impact in the passing offense? (Stuckey will without a doubt surprise every Jet fan, Brad Smith will be a trick play artist but I don't expect him getting more than 20 receptions, David Clowney will not have the explosive results he had in the preseason carry over. He will get more than Smith, and a few TD's, but he will not have the success he had in the preseason.

5. Will the offensive line gel, and will we be able to get a sustained run attack when defenses put only 7 in the box? (Gotta love that deep threat)

1. How will Kris Jenkins sure up this D-line, and will that help or hurt David Harris pass his 127 tackle year from last year (I'm expecting a ridiculous 150+ effort this year from him).

I have said it before, I believe Kris Jenkins is the most important player to this team. I think he will make so many things possible. The result will be a lot of other guys getting to the QB much more often. I think Ellis is in line for a big year, hopefully the broken arm doesn't get in the way of that.

2. Will Dwight Lowery continue his excellent play and capitalize on QB's throwing the ball his way trying to avoid Revis and exploit his professional level experience?

This will be interesting to see. If they can get a good pass rush and Revis takes the top receiver, then I like Lowery's chances. I just hope they get steady enough play out of the position to avoid the turnstile QB rotation we saw last year.

3. Will Dustin Keller have the expected impact of a 1st round pick? (I do think so, but not until the second half of the year, 45-50 receptions 5 TD's).

I don't think he will truly warrant the 1st round tag this year. But I think he will prove that he was worth the selection. Not sure if that makes sense. What I am saying is that he will have tremendous value to the team, even if he doesn't reach certain stat thresholds i.e. 45 catches. If he catches 30 balls for 350 yards he could actually have had a pretty big impact.

4. Will the secondary receivers have a huge impact in the passing offense? (Stuckey will without a doubt surprise every Jet fan, Brad Smith will be a trick play artist but I don't expect him getting more than 20 receptions, David Clowney will not have the explosive results he had in the preseason carry over. He will get more than Smith, and a few TD's, but he will not have the success he had in the preseason.

This is important. Very important. Some guys have to step up. I consider Brad Smith a secondary receiver even though he is the # 3. And he had a great camp. I was previously down on him but he looked like a new player this year. Hopefully he emerges along with someone from the other group: Stuckey, Clowney etc.

5. Will the offensive line gel, and will we be able to get a sustained run attack when defenses put only 7 in the box? (Gotta love that deep threat)

If they can't run the ball after that being the focus of the entire offseason this team will not have a great year. 3rd and 1 this year. Man I hope they can just line up, hand off and move the chains. If Thomas Jones can't run left on 3rd and 1 for a 1st down, they are in trouble.

Don't dare you say it, because its not true.

Namath & Favre are both great Quarterbacks but the Jets Offensive Line, Running Backs and Wide Receivers back in '68-'69, were much, much better than what they have now.

Do you see Coles or Cotchery turning in Hall of Fame careers such as Don Maynard? How about either being as good as George Sauer? Or D'Brick being as good as Winston Hill?

This team can't sniff the 1968 teams jock.

Yeah, but you have to remember, back then they didn't play as tough competition as now.

Yeah, but you have to remember, back then they didn't play as tough competition as now.

Nobody was as tough as the Oakland Raiders. Kansas City was also a very good team as well. The AFL had some good teams back then.

Archived