PHPBB deployment questions

JerryK

Hi,

This goes out to Max,greenbeans or anyone else that dealt with PHPBB before we went to vBulletin.

I want to set up a cheap&dirty board for my old Navy Pals to regroup and chat. I'm sick of having to be a "gold member" at some dumbass site just to see a friggin picture of an old friend.

Does a vanilla implementaion of PHPBB on a linux box go pretty quickly?

Note: I'm an IT consultant and no stranger to unix/programming, just wondering how rapidly it comes together.

The phpbb install isn't bad and as long as the intent of the site is small, it won't be a problem. I got frustrated with phpbb for a variety of reasons but that was back in the V2 days.

V3 won't be as bad. I run it on some small sites that I own. There is some basic functionality that is left out. So you will find that you have to apply some mods to get what you what.

But in order to set it up, and get a free skin\style installed it is very straight forward. And you can't beat the price.

Good luck with it.

The phpbb install isn't bad and as long as the intent of the site is small, it won't be a problem. I got frustrated with phpbb for a variety of reasons but that was back in the V2 days.

V3 won't be as bad. I run it on some small sites that I own. There is some basic functionality that is left out. So you will find that you have to apply some mods to get what you what.

But in order to set it up, and get a free skin\style installed it is very straight forward. And you can't beat the price.

Good luck with it.

Quit plugging your other sites. No one wants to go to 2dudes1donkey.com

Archived