Continuity

Lady Jet

Something the Jets have lacked for years, now.

There's plenty of blame to go around, and I'm not dismissing it at all, but to ignore the reality of continuity is to ignore reality.

The Jets have been the bandaid Kings for quite awhile now.

Herman Edwards was a recent prime abuser of this. Mangini showed some promise early, but also succumbed to the bandaid theory, once he felt his job and reputation were on the line.

The problem? Impatience. Fans are impatient. They want the quick turnaround.

But reality proves that you need to build a team from the bottom up, and that takes time. Pressure on management and players, starts early and quite quickly avalanches.

"I Want It All, And I Want It Now!"

I'm sure many will be calling for blowing up the team and starting over after tonight. That's fine. But next time, try to show a little bit of restraint as the new management prepares and defines their team.

There's an old saying, and it's proven to be pretty accurate.

Good things come to those who wait.

Perhaps we should try it, next time.

There's plenty of blame to go around, and I'm not dismissing it at all, but to ignore the reality of continuity is to ignore reality.

Herman Edwards was a recent prime abuser of this. Mangini showed some promise early, but also succumbed to the bandaid theory, once he felt his job and reputation were on the line.

But reality proves that you need to build a team from the bottom up, and that takes time. Pressure on management and players, starts early and quite quickly avalanches.

I'm sure many will be calling for blowing up the team and starting over after tonight. That's fine. But next time, try to show a little bit of restraint as the new management prepares and defines their team.

i figure i got 10 more years left to live

how bout a sammie

We have plenty of continuity. We fail year after year.

Actually, we're fairly inconsistent as a result of our numerous band aid years. Example: 10-6,6-10,4-12,10-6, etc.

The playoff years didn't do anything for us because we were just decent at best. We really have to make a concerted effort to build a franchise.

Beautifully put. It's unfortunate that this franchise has attracted the type of fans that it has.

what's unfortunate is this team is cursed with an owner who is CLUELESS-which happens to drive the whole fanbase insane

The fanbase drives themselves insane with unrealistic expectations. I took the Chargers +9 tonight. Only I thought the total score would be under 38 points...oops.

Jets fans pre-season anticipate 6 or 7 losses but then when they actually happen, it's the end of the world.

Jets fans came in their pants with the arrival of Brett Favre anticipating Pro-Bowl numbers. Forgetting that a big part of his M.O. is turnovers. Once again, these facts get neglected.

You had to know that the Chargers were going to be HUNGRY for a win, at home, on Monday night. The Jets were expected to overcome a lot. Sure it would of been great but not surprising.

The fanbase drives themselves insane with unrealistic expectations. I took the Chargers +9 tonight. Only I thought the total score would be under 38 points...oops.

Jets fans pre-season anticipate 6 or 7 losses but then when they actually happen, it's the end of the world.

Jets fans came in their pants with the arrival of Brett Favre anticipating Pro-Bowl numbers. Forgetting that a big part of his M.O. is turnovers. Once again, these facts get neglected.

You had to know that the Chargers were going to be HUNGRY for a win, at home, on Monday night. The Jets were expected to overcome a lot. Sure it would of been great but not surprising.

I posted a thread last night-look for it jetlag it says "let's be honest" I EXPECTED a loss-doesn't make it any easier to take

I posted a thread last night-look for it jetlag it says "let's be honest" I EXPECTED a loss-doesn't make it any easier to take

I agree. Losing sucks. Of course, I wouldn't even be a fan if I didn't keep the glimmer of hope that maybe my team overcomes the odds and wins. But that said, this loss did not eliminate us from the playoff hunt. Hopefully this turns into a character game. That's all we can hope for at this point. To start pouting and stomping our feet is not the answer. And I'm not singling anyone out, but just in general, because we know what the fan base as a whole is going to sound like tomorrow.

Archived