Allman Bros!!

gg

Saw them last night and they ROCKED!!!! Honestly.. anyone who likes jam bands and good old fashion rock and some amazing guitarists and awesome drums ( they have 3 drummers) ... they are not to be missed!! ;)Derek Trucks rivals Duane... he makes that guitar smoke... and Warren Haynes is no slouch either...

they ended with a smokin Whipping Post! :D

NJ - THey were fantastic!!! :mrgreen:

Saw them last night and they ROCKED!!!! Honestly.. anyone who likes jam bands and good old fashion rock and some amazing guitarists and awesome drums ( they have 3 drummers) ... they are not to be missed!! ;)Derek Trucks rivals Duane... he makes that guitar smoke... and Warren Haynes is no slouch either...

memories,,, have seen them 5 or 6 times,,, last 2 times, were at Gaelic Park in I think 1972 and RFK Stadium in Washington summer of 1973 with Grateful Dead,,,great show, they went till like 2 in morning,,

i think Wet Willie also played the DC gig,,,

Cool.

I saw Derek Trucks with his band, the kid can really play. Excellent slide work. Warren Haynes is great too.

3 drummers????????

gg, may I buy an "Oy" from you?

cheers,

d

Cool.

I saw Derek Trucks with his band, the kid can really play. Excellent slide work. Warren Haynes is great too.

3 drummers????????

gg, may I buy an "Oy" from you?

cheers,

d

butch, jaimoe, and Marc Qui

Hey Geege,

Was going to PM you on it but only had a sec to post that night on your B-Day. They really get better every time I see them. On the 13th in Chi, Gregg's voice was as good as I've heard it and it was actually a treat to have Warren out for the night with family issues (although he da man). They brought out Jack Pearson (ABB 97-99) to fill in and a guy on sax and did mostly Fillmore stuff in jam band fashion. It was dynomite - I like most of their new stuff too but they stuck to the blues based oldies. I'm sorry, but 40 minutes of Mountain Jam put me to sleep in 1973 and would do it even quicker today. I'm also tired of Layla as an oncore (it was last 2 times I saw them), those were Duanes riffs and he's been gone longer than Namath's been out of Jet green. A couple times I thought they should put a mirror under Jaimoe's nose to see if he was still breathing - but he came to life bigtime for Whipping Post. They also did You Don't Love Me for the first time in over a decade that I've seen them. Outstanding show - glad it was in CT too!

Q. How do you get a drummer off your front porch?

A. You pay him for the pizza.

d

-thanks for the OY!!

Thats low Doug- but being one, I have many:

Q. What do you call a Drummer that's just lost his girlfriend?

A. Homeless

Thats low Doug- but being one, I have many:

Q. What do you call a Drummer that's just lost his girlfriend?

A. Homeless

Thanks for being a good sport, guitarists are not immune.

Q. How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

A. Twenty. One to change the bulb and nineteen to say they could have done it better.

d

Archived