Are you smarter than your boss?

TomShane

No where in the post did Max say that your post discounts the other two. I know that if Max felt that a mistake had been made, he would have corrected it. He is an honorable man. My isn't that a surprise... a patsie trying to win by cheating ...:roll::lol:

I did.

Booz, if you like your job, why don't you just try another company?

Right now in NJ, due to the merger of Fleet and Bank of America, as well as the merger of Wachovia and First Union, there were 20,000 employees laid off. These were all middle management in various departments, much like myself. the job market is also very stagnant so there really isn't alot of new positions out there. When a bank or Credit Union posts a job, they get aout 100 applicants within a day. i know this because I've seen it hapeen in our ompany for our lending dep't. My resume is out there, and I am actively looking, but not much has come up. It could also be worse, since I could have been one of those 20,000 but i turned down a First Union offer a few years ago. So I guess being employed in a horrible environment and being able to pay my mortgage is better than being unemployed and looking at possible foreclosure.

Booz, have you tried anti-anxiety meds? I had an ulcer at 24, bro, and they told me that if I didn't change my ways, I'd be under a gastro-intestinal internists care by the time I hit thirty. I'm 31 now, and I still have to watch my ass. I dropped out of the crap-race and went back to school. I have alot less dough, but I think I'll live to 50 now, at least. Have you tried the therapy route? They have sh*t now that won't turn you into a zombie, yet will keep you from dropping a stomach.

Booz, have you tried anti-anxiety meds? I had an ulcer at 24, bro, and they told me that if I didn't change my ways, I'd be under a gastro-intestinal internists care by the time I hit thirty. I'm 31 now, and I still have to watch my a$$. I dropped out of the crap-race and went back to school. I have alot less dough, but I think I'll live to 50 now, at least. Have you tried the therapy route? They have Sh#t now that won't turn you into a zombie, yet will keep you from dropping a stomach.

Funny you say that Tom. About 20 of my coworkers have begun therapy since starting on with this company and have been prescribed meds. One of them has given me a clonopan pill from time to time and they work, but make me stupid (well more stupid than I already am lol)

Funny you say that Tom. About 20 of my coworkers have begun therapy since starting on with this company and have been prescribed meds. One of them has given me a clonopan pill from time to time and they work, but make me stupid (well more stupid than I already am lol)

You should check it out, bro. Especially if you're going to stick it out there. It can only get worse, Hoss. Corporate America rewards management types that burden their underlings. It gives upper management the impression that they're doing something.

Being smarter than your boss but adding up the pay difference - $50,000

Coming in to save his sorry butt on a deal - $500,000

Your fellow employees making fun behind his back and sharing the jokes with you - priceless. :lol:

Good luck in your new position LL, if you are back in the Wall Street area, let me know when you want to meet after work at Buster's Garage on West Broadway & Leonards Sts. for a congratulatory drink. :wink:

I will be based out of 2 World Financial Center near Wall Street. So yeah, we could definately have a drinky drink. I am so excited. My last day was yesterday and my analysts who worked in my department bought me a cake and a we shared a bottle of champagne. It was just a good time.

Ahh, that new job smell...nothing like that!

LL

Archived