The Jets want the best out of Breece Hall they should sign ……….

Fb Jakob Johnson. ( still a free agent)    Josh Jacob’s had his big season with Jakob Johnson the lead blocker for him.     Breece Hall isn’t going to break many tackles , but you have beast blocking fb clearing the way for him look out.      He’s capable of breaking big runs everytime and only going to thrive with a fb like him.   Last time jets had legitimate team they had top notch fb Tony Richardson .   

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

People will laugh at this but it's outside the box thinking that could really put a hurting on teams transitioning to under sized LBrs and over reliance on nickel packages.

I don't hate it.

Theres little reason to devote an active gameday spot to a FB when you theoretically should be able to use a TE in those situations.  

Probably a big reason why the Raiders let this guy go and drafted yet another TE, lol.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Theres little reason to devote an active gameday spot to a FB when you theoretically should be able to use a TE in those situations.  

Probably a big reason why the Raiders let this guy go and drafted yet another TE, lol.

I get where you're coming from here but I think there's a big difference between an strong blocking FB and a TE lining up at FB. I don't like using what the Raiders did as an example of something smart to do in the NFL.

Not something I'm going to pound the table for but I can see where it could make sense when you have a QB who threatens the entire field.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind Jakob because Ruckert was our previous TE/FB hybrid and now that he’s bumped up to TE2 it might be smart to invest in a FB.

That being said, Nick Bawden is no slouch of a FB himself.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Fb Jakob Johnson. ( still a free agent)    Josh Jacob’s had his big season with Jakob Johnson the lead blocker for him.  

A little surprised that the NFL’s most innovative, forward thinking team hasn’t figured out a way to make 22 personnel work for them. As for the Jets, they already have a FB who’s fighting for a roster spot amongst all the young RBs and TEs on the team, I don’t think they need another FB in the competition. 

No need, I have a feeling (not based on anything) that the
staff is going to convert Isaiah Davis into a hybrid FB/RB.
Giving them a young/cheap combo backfield of:

Hall
Allen
Abanikanda
Davis

As Douglas is about to deal with multiple extensions coming up

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Fb Jakob Johnson. ( still a free agent)    Josh Jacob’s had his big season with Jakob Johnson the lead blocker for him.     Breece Hall isn’t going to break many tackles , but you have beast blocking fb clearing the way for him look out.      He’s capable of breaking big runs everytime and only going to thrive with a fb like him.   Last time jets had legitimate team they had top notch fb Tony Richardson .   

I think this guy should just change his name to alcoholic,  because clearly he is drinking

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

No need, I have a feeling (not based on anything) that the
staff is going to convert Isaiah Davis into a hybrid FB/RB.
Giving them a young/cheap combo backfield of:

Hall
Allen
Abanikanda
Davis

As Douglas is about to deal with multiple extensions coming up

Allen, based on his size alone, would seem to be a better FB candidate. 

• Upvote 3

I love and miss the fullback in football but it makes sense as to why they’re gone. You get more bang for your buck by keeping an athlete on the field at TE or slot than you do with a piece of veal FB whose job it is to plow a hole to get four yards. You can just flip it out to a generic slot and get seven yards instead, and it keeps the ILB out of the middle of the field, so your Breece Hall back has one less dude to evade 

• Upvote 1

I'm fully in support of a more "Power" running attack, driven by a FB ahead of the HB.  As someone noted, NFL defenses, generally, are not designed to stop that as much as they are the passing attack (smaller, faster LB's and cover CB's who can't tackle).  The goal of our running attack is to get our play-makers with the ball in their hands beyond those big DT's and Edges in open field, however we can.  Play action, screen game, and a power FB, or even a two-HB/split-back formation are all ways a team can do that.  I have a feeling we're going to see Rodgers throwing a lot of short/quick passes and flats passes this season.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I love and miss the fullback in football but it makes sense as to why they’re gone. You get more bang for your buck by keeping an athlete on the field at TE or slot than you do with a piece of veal FB whose job it is to plow a hole to get four yards. You can just flip it out to a generic slot and get seven yards instead, and it keeps the ILB out of the middle of the field, so your Breece Hall back has one less dude to evade 

Mmm....Veal....

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

69% completion rate

3900 yards

25 tds

8 ints

98 qb rating.

If Aaron Rodgers has the above year next year  (Derrick Carrs stats from last year) the world will be tossing rose petals at his feet for how awesome he is and how brilliant Joe Douglas was for giving up huge draft resources, taking on a huge host of jag players and the worst oc in the league and a huge cap liability in a year or so.

Tally ho!   Onward and upward! 

😎

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

69% completion rate

3900 yards

25 tds

8 ints

98 qb rating.

If Aaron Rodgers has the above year next year  (Derrick Carrs stats from last year) the world will be tossing rose petals at his feet for how awesome he is and how brilliant Joe Douglas was for giving up huge draft resources, taking on a huge host of jag players and the worst oc in the league and a huge cap liability in a year or so.

😎

Huge Draft Capital ? moving two spots in the first ? A second rounder ? Thats hardly huge ... he sustained a freak injury sh*t happens. Don't lose sight of the fact he also took a pay cut he did not have to take. The guy is in great shape and wants to play as long as he enjoys the game along with being a HOF player and has an elite football mind to go along with it. Yet this forum still finds reason to complain. Lets see what he does on the field this year then pass judgement.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

People will laugh at this but it's outside the box thinking that could really put a hurting on teams transitioning to under sized LBrs and over reliance on nickel packages.

I don't hate it.

Odd you should bring that up.  I think the best way to beat the Jets and other teams that are now using a defense like a 4-2-5 bee swarm is to use a running game that challenges the second level of the defense to contend with power running.  If you can use lead blocks to get the ball carrier past the first four guys on the line, especially in the A/B gaps, the second level would be in hot water all game long. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

IMG_8777.thumb.png.1ab34cde1a0689d867857781d61aa316.pngMe too! (although my opinion is admittedly bias).Especially because this kid ( my son) was such a devastating one! Coached him and his team for six years before handing him off to High School. He went on to have a great four years smashing kids as a lead blocker and crushing it in the short passing game. 😉

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Odd you should bring that up.  I think the best way to beat the Jets and other teams that are now using a defense like a 4-2-5 bee swarm is to use a running game that challenges the second level of the defense to contend with power running.  If you can use lead blocks to get the ball carrier past the first four guys on the line, especially in the A/B gaps, the second level would be in hot water all game long. 

when you have a good smart QB who can manipulate the defense and effectively change plays at the LOS it could really make for a long day for the opposing coordinator. Play the pass and we'll hammer you to death. Bring in the run stop personnel and we're going deep. FU.

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

when you have a good smart QB who can manipulate the defense and effectively change plays at the LOS it could really make for a long day for the opposing coordinator. Play the pass and we'll hammer you to death. Bring in the run stop personnel and we're going deep. FU.

indeed.  nice to be able to run the ball when you want to and cut loose with play action.  old school.  and since rb's and offensive guards are undervalued in the draft, it would not take long to build a monster smash mouth offense and for small money.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

69% completion rate

3900 yards

25 tds

8 ints

98 qb rating.

😎

Thinking Rodgers will outperform his 2022 self is very wishful thinking and those stats are better than he was 2 years ago and before an Achilles

• Upvote 1