Doc Rivers

Blackout

Yeah, an idiot like him has such a tough job, coaching around 3 all stars, who probably don't listen to him anyway, because they realize how stupid he is.

Real Coach of the Month:

either Nate McMillan, or Mike D'Antoni. Those coaches don't have all stars like the crappiest coach in the world, Doc Rivers, and both their teams are playing pretty good.

Now if we were talking retard of the month in basketball, Doc would be a clear cut winner for that award.

Yeah, an idiot like him has such a tough job, coaching around 3 all stars, who probably don't listen to him anyway, because they realize how stupid he is.

Real Coach of the Month:

either Nate McMillan, or Mike D'Antoni. Those coaches don't have all stars like the crappiest coach in the world, Doc Rivers, and both their teams are playing pretty good.

Now if we were talking retard of the month in basketball, Doc would be a clear cut winner for that award.

Why the hate for Doc? Didn't he win Coach of the Year with the Magic and then take them to the playoffs 3 years in a row?

The Magic were a run of the mill team that Doc took to the playoffs.

99-00: 41-41

00-01: 43-39 (Playoffs)

01-02: 44-38 (Playoffs)

02-03: 42-40 (Playoffs)

Apart from McGrady can you name a decent player on those teams?

Has Phil "Zen Master" Jackson ever done anything without Jordan or Shaq?

Why the hate for Doc? Didn't he win Coach of the Year with the Magic and then take them to the playoffs 3 years in a row?

Mike Miller

Darrell Armstrong

Drew Gooden

Gordan Giricek

Grant Hi...Oh, nevermind.

I did like Doc as a coach, and still do too.

Mike Miller, and Darrell Armstrong were pretty good players. I still hate that we traded Mike Miller to this very day. Maybe that's because he's a Gator though, and the only reason why Doc Rivers won the coach of the year, is because everyone didn't know the Magic were not as bad as the "experts" thought they were in 2000.

He was a coach that was satisfied with being average. During the season that we lost to the Pistons in 7 games, we had a chance to get the 7th seed, instead of the 8th seed and get far away from the Detroit Pistons, what does Doc do, he rests Tracy McGrady in the last game of the season, and we end up playing the Pistons.

So to me, after that moment, that proved to me he didn't care about winning. I call him the Herm Edwards of the NBA for a reason.

Also, I hate McGrady even more, because he ditched us when all went wrong that one year. I sure as hell bet he'd rather play with Dwight Howard right now, then watch Yao on the bench, injured every 2 seconds.

Mike Miller, and Darrell Armstrong were pretty good players. I still hate that we traded Mike Miller to this very day. Maybe that's because he's a Gator though, and the only reason why Doc Rivers won the coach of the year, is because everyone didn't know the Magic were not as bad as the "experts" thought they were in 2000.

He was a coach that was satisfied with being average. During the season that we lost to the Pistons in 7 games, we had a chance to get the 7th seed, instead of the 8th seed and get far away from the Detroit Pistons, what does Doc do, he rests Tracy McGrady in the last game of the season, and we end up playing the Pistons.

So to me, after that moment, that proved to me he didn't care about winning. I call him the Herm Edwards of the NBA for a reason.

Also, I hate McGrady even more, because he ditched us when all went wrong that one year. I sure as hell bet he'd rather play with Dwight Howard right now, then watch Yao on the bench, injured every 2 seconds.

That was management that traded those players, not Rivers, also McGrady isn't a winner, a freak athlete, but not a winner. Taking the Pistons that year to 7 games was pretty good IMO, didn't they win the championship that year? I can't remember now, but the Pistons were @ their peak back then.

That was management that traded those players, not Rivers, also McGrady isn't a winner, a freak athlete, but not a winner. Taking the Pistons that year to 7 games was pretty good IMO, didn't they win the championship that year? I can't remember now, but the Pistons were @ their peak back then.

I wasn't blaming Doc for that.

I just hate Doc for not playing McGrady that last game of the season so we wouldn't have had to play the Pistons, I think we would have ended up playing the Nets instead.

I also noticed this, and I got to say, yeah he has done great with, or without Shaq, and Jordan.

Phil Jackson has never coached a team to a below .500 record, and every single team he's coached has made the playoffs.

I'd say that is anything.

What do you know, Stan Van Gundy, and Phil Jackson have something in common.

Miami (2004) - 42-40 (6-7 Posteseason)

Miami (2005) - 59-23 (11-4 Postseason)

Miami (2006) - 11-10 (didnt coach long enough, would have made playoffs anyway)

Orlando (2008) - 52-30 (5-5 Postseason)

Both have never had a losing record as a coach. Can you say the same about the retard coaching the Celtics?

• 2 weeks later...
I argee with that in someways basketball coaches dont matter that much when you get 3 proven Allstars on your team. But when you dont have those players then thats when coaching matters.

Nate McMillan is the best coach in nba

Leon Powe, Eddie House, Tony Allen & "Big Baby" Davis play a lot of minutes off the bench.

Doc rotates those guys in all the time.

Archived