So.....Who Is Our QB in 2009?

The Gun Of Bavaria

I don't know if Ratliff can really play in the NFL but I'd point out that Jake Delhomme was the Saints' third-stringer for several years.

Sam Bradford is over-rated. I don't question his arm as much as his athleticism. He's going to be a lot like Drew Bledsoe.

No way. He's got very good pocket-prescence from what I've seen of him and he can move around a little. He's actually exceptionally good at throwing on the run.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erik Ainge will be a lifelong backup, Not even sure Ratliff will get to that level (I still can't get over how highly some people rate this guy, PRESEASON MEANS NOTHING!), Clemens so far has looked like a bust and Favre is done and is going bail on this team anyways.

If we're looking for a franchise QB, you better look elsewhere and for the love of God PLEASE do it via the draft!

It means nothing except for Colt Brennan right? LOL. He's gonna be a starter in 2 years.

I love guys on the intranet who know it all.

brett-ratliff.jpg

:rolleyes:

You know what you see with your eyes, not what you read on a stat sheet where the NFL screws up weights and heights like there is no tomorrow. More like 6'1, 210, if that.

He is small on the field compared to Clemens a lot of other NFL Quarterbacks.

Dude, put the crack pipe down you are embarassing yourself. Just look on the sideling and Ratliff towers over Clemens and Favre. And Ratliff WILL BE the Jets starting QB. After this year, there is NO CHANCE they go after a name free agent QB. They are very very high on Ratliff and if Clemens retires and Mangini is here, there will be a competiton in camp with Ratliff the almost certain winner.

No way. He's got very good pocket-prescence from what I've seen of him and he can move around a little. He's actually exceptionally good at throwing on the run.

McCoy throws better on the run...but that has little to do with Bradford. After Matt Ryan, I am getting out of the "predict the NFL future" business of QBs. I knew Ryan was tough and smart but I didn't know he would do what he's done.

Erik Ainge will be a lifelong backup, Not even sure Ratliff will get to that level (I still can't get over how highly some people rate this guy, PRESEASON MEANS NOTHING!), Clemens so far has looked like a bust and Favre is done and is going bail on this team anyways.

If we're looking for a franchise QB, you better look elsewhere and for the love of God PLEASE do it via the draft!

At this point, Ratliff has more potential as a franchise QB than any college player. People just want to fo with the #1 pick franchise guy almost all of whom wind up sucking or being average. There is NOTHING to dislike about Ratliff at this point. He has all the measureables, a great arm, and has a feel for the game. Why won't people get it through their heads that high priced veteran players ESPECIALLY QBS are not the way to build a team. This has been proven over and over and over again including this year with the Jets. Cassell will not be the same on another team. We need to do what Atlanta did and start over, I hate our offseason moves.

Yeah, all my opinions suck, because I think Erik Ainge is trash.

man how can you KNOW he will be trash? Doesnt he deserve a chance? Brady was a 6th rnd pick that everyone thougt was trash and if he never got a chance he wouldnt be in the league because of negative jakelegs like you.

McCoy throws better on the run...but that has little to do with Bradford. After Matt Ryan, I am getting out of the "predict the NFL future" business of QBs. I knew Ryan was tough and smart but I didn't know he would do what he's done.

Yeah, I agree. I liked Ryan - but no one could have predicted what he became. No one is right or wrong here. I like Ratliff - but again when the lights go on he could suck, ditto Ainge. I hate Clemens - but the same hold true. Predicting QB's success is the hardest thing to do. I also loved Big Ben coming out - but I loved Ryan Leaf too.

I LOVED Ryan coming out of college. Took a lot of abuse on some sites (Not sure if it was this one) for comparing him to Tom Brady. The Falcons IMO have something very special in him.

The guy who really took me by surprise was Flacco. I thought he could develop into a decent QB someday but never did I think of him as an immediate impact QB. He's been brilliant too this season.

man how can you KNOW he will be trash? Doesnt he deserve a chance? Brady was a 6th rnd pick that everyone thougt was trash and if he never got a chance he wouldnt be in the league because of negative jakelegs like you.

Why does he deserve a chance? He sucked in Tennessee, never won anything in college, but why do you think it'll be any different in the pros? Ratliff, I would give a chance, I see something in him that shows a future in the NFL. I see something in Ainge as well, working with the Boston Celtics in the front office.

Nope. He's trash.

Nobody here can tell me WHY he's trash, just that he is.

Also can anyone tell me what the issue with him was last year and why he fell in the draft? Anyone? Anyone? Didn't think so. Glad that you all have an opinion of him anyway.

I'm happy to discuss the pros and cons of Ainge with anyone here if they can give me either of them. Quick everyone go wiki Ainge and get all your information to prove your preconceived notions.

Yeah, I agree. I liked Ryan - but no one could have predicted what he became. No one is right or wrong here. I like Ratliff - but again when the lights go on he could suck, ditto Ainge. I hate Clemens - but the same hold true. Predicting QB's success is the hardest thing to do. I also loved Big Ben coming out - but I loved Ryan Leaf too.

Honestly dude why do you hate clemens?? Matt Ryan wouldve played like **** last yr on that team. Adrian Clark and Anthony Clement can ruin any qbs chances,not to mention he had no real go to reciever. Just wondering? He beat Pittsburgh and showed a lot of heart i thought where they were clearly out matched.

Nope. He's trash.

Nobody here can tell me WHY he's trash, just that he is.

Also can anyone tell me what the issue with him was last year and why he fell in the draft? Anyone? Anyone? Didn't think so. Glad that you all have an opinion of him anyway.

I'm happy to discuss the pros and cons of Ainge with anyone here if they can give me either of them. Quick everyone go wiki Ainge and get all your information to prove your preconceived notions.

who Ainge? In that case youre trash..."fan".

Honestly dude why do you hate clemens?? Matt Ryan wouldve played like **** last yr on that team. Adrian Clark and Anthony Clement can ruin any qbs chances,not to mention he had no real go to reciever. Just wondering? He beat Pittsburgh and showed a lot of heart i thought where they were clearly out matched.

That is fair - but I didn't like Clemens because he seemed to have really poor pocket pressence. I mean he really looked shaky back there. But you bring up a good point, after seeing how bad the WR's really are this year - perhaps he deserves another shot.

That is fair - but I didn't like Clemens because he seemed to have really poor pocket pressence. I mean he really looked shaky back there. But you bring up a good point, after seeing how bad the WR's really are this year - perhaps he deserves another shot.

Dont take offense to this but I and many comments around the league was that was one of his stongsuits,he would stand a gunsling,or make plays with his feet. Nice mobility I might add. He just deserves a shot on a better team imo,if he blows then trade him but last yrs not fair to anyone. He also got robbed of a chance with Favre :rolleyes:

Care to back that up? Why did he suck in Tennessee? What were his flaws?

How many National Championships did Erik Ainge win? Tim Tebow is on his way to win his second. Does that mean we should draft him? No, his style of play doesn't match well in the NFL.

Having Erik Ainge start for us in the future would be like drafting Tim Tebow and making him the opening day starter next year.

Dont take offense to this but I and many comments around the league was that was one of his stongsuits,he would stand a gunsling,or make plays with his feet. Nice mobility I might add. He just deserves a shot on a better team imo,if he blows then trade him but last yrs not fair to anyone. He also got robbed of a chance with Favre :rolleyes:

Yeah I remember reading that too on Clemens scouting reports. Again I never realized how bad our WR's sucked until this season.

How many National Championships did Erik Ainge win? Tim Tebow is on his way to win his second. Does that mean we should draft him? No, his style of play doesn't match well in the NFL.

Having Erik Ainge start for us in the future would be like drafting Tim Tebow and making him the opening day starter next year.

great job on contradicting yourself there. ;) no championships,but doesnt matter,tebow has lots,but he will suck...agree that tebow will suck but um ok.

What does winninc a NC have to do with anything? Tebow is NOTHING like Ainge.

Ainge has all of the intangibles at the QB position that Tebow never had to develop. Tebow also has a lot more upside if he can develop them, but most feel he wont.

Still not telling me why Ainge is trash.

What does winninc a NC have to do with anything? Tebow is NOTHING like Ainge.

Ainge has all of the intangibles at the QB position that Tebow never had to develop. Tebow also has a lot more upside if he can develop them, but most feel he wont.

Still not telling me why Ainge is trash.

Tebow=next Scott Frost. Will be moved to safety and out of the league in 3 yrs.

has anyone noticed everytime you see favre on the sidelines, 90% of the time Ratliff is right next to him talking. I swear I see Ratliff around him more than Clemens. I bet Ratliff is trying to soak up as much knowledge from Favre as he can.

I think Ratliff deserves just as much a shot as Clemens.

And whoever was making fun of Ratliff and what college he came out of, what about Tony Romo or Kurt Warner, or Jake Delhomme. I dont remember seeing any other quality qb's come out of Easter Illinois, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Northern Iowa.

has anyone noticed everytime you see favre on the sidelines, 90% of the time Ratliff is right next to him talking. I swear I see Ratliff around him more than Clemens. I bet Ratliff is trying to soak up as much knowledge from Favre as he can.

I think Ratliff deserves just as much a shot as Clemens.

And whoever was making fun of Ratliff and what college he came out of, what about Tony Romo or Kurt Warner, or Jake Delhomme. I dont remember seeing any other quality qb's come out of Easter Illinois, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Northern Iowa.

I do see Ratlif next to Favre all of the time too. I like Ratliff - but I would really like to see him with the first team. All in all I think the Jets first priority should be a WR this offseason and not a QB.

I do see Ratlif next to Favre all of the time too. I like Ratliff - but I would really like to see him with the first team. All in all I think the Jets first priority should be a WR this offseason and not a QB.

well I guess well find out in TC. I would definitely like to see Ratliff work with the first team offense. I think our biggest priority has to be dline above WR. We had no pass rush today, we need to address that fast. then WR is a close second.

I'd like to see us come away with a WR, DE, NT, ILB, CB from the next draft.

Mt. Cody, Tyson Jackson, Rey Malauga, Vontae Davis???

I don't see us having any shot at Crabtree without giving up the farm, so WR probably has to wait till round 2 or later as there are no other 1st round prospects for my taste. If Heyward-Bey is there in the 2nd sure, otherwise there is not much to be had this year imo.

Archived