So.....Who Is Our QB in 2009?

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something tells me we'll probably draft some QB in round 2 or 3 to fight with whatever's left, and maybe bring in a 2nd tier QB. Nothing we'll be happy with.

Here's a list of guys that will or COULD be available:

Matt Cassell

Derek Anderson

Matt Lienart/Kurt Warner?

Kerry Collins/Vince Young?

Seneca Wallace?

Rex Grossman maybe?

Other than Cassell, who will be grossly over-paid for, nothing really to get excited about. Warners too old, Lienart even if he got right would be hurt by the weather up here, IMO, and Vince is a head case at best.

Meh...

Ratliff will beat out Clemens in camp.

Yeah, right.

Brett f'ing Ratliff, whose only good performances came when David Clowney was healthy beating Defensive Backs, is going to be the starting QB of the New York Jets. Right.

He has the most upside of any QB on the jets roster by far.

Really? How come? Because he threw a couple of balls in the air that went far that David Clowney was able to run under?

Is that why?

Or maybe its because he went to powerhouse Utah and hey, how about all those great QB's that have come from that system recently like Alex Smith of the 49ers.

Forget about the guy who went 3-4 on a garbage team last year, including a W against Pittsburgh.

Yeah, right.

Brett f'ing Ratliff, whose only good performances came when David Clowney was healthy beating Defensive Backs, is going to be the starting QB of the New York Jets. Right.

Go with Nugent ;)

And then we can keep him and Feely. After all, someone has to kick extra points right? :P

Really? How come? Because he threw a couple of balls in the air that went far that David Clowney was able to run under?

Is that why?

Or maybe its because he went to powerhouse Utah and hey, how about all those great QB's that have come from that system recently like Alex Smith of the 49ers.

Forget about the guy who went 3-4 on a garbage team last year, including a W against Pittsburgh.

If you think from what you've seen that clemens has any upside as an NFL QB you're seeing something no one else is.

If you think from what you've seen that clemens has any upside as an NFL QB you're seeing something no one else is.

If you think a Preseason game in Cleveland where Ratliff threw the ball up in the air and Clowney ran under it against 3rd stringers, Practice Squad players and Beer Truck Drivers is promise then I don't think you should be talking.

Something tells me we'll probably draft some QB in round 2 or 3 to fight with whatever's left, and maybe bring in a 2nd tier QB. Nothing we'll be happy with.

Here's a list of guys that will or COULD be available:

Matt Cassell

Derek Anderson

Matt Lienart/Kurt Warner?

Kerry Collins/Vince Young?

Seneca Wallace?

Rex Grossman maybe?

Other than Cassell, who will be grossly over-paid for, nothing really to get excited about. Warners too old, Lienart even if he got right would be hurt by the weather up here, IMO, and Vince is a head case at best.

Meh...

Geez god no...no one from that list is an improvement over what we already have accept for Leinart and he is a silver spoon.

Please no. I don't want Josh Heupel Jr.

Bradford will be a great NFL QB IMO, I have a similar feeling about him as I did Matt Ryan. It's Matt Stafford who I think has been great overrated, I think he'll be a failure at the NFL level along with Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy.

Bradford will be a great NFL QB. It's Stafford who I think has been great overrated, I think he'll be a failure at the NFL level along with Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy.

Stafford, McCoy & Bradford are ALL over-rated. They all will ride the pine, Stafford will start somewhere eventually and flop just because he'll be the only 1st rounder out of the group unless NFL General Managers are being framed by those players and their agents.

Tim Tebow is a Tight End, maybe a Fullback, nothing more.

it's obvious and no one listened to me (or Ecurb) Chad was never the problem. Brett is not the problem, the design of the offense and the play calling is

BRETT FAVRE '09

The jets are a better team when they are not married to noodle arm. And it's the DEFENSE thats the problem and it's not even close.

Stafford, McCoy & Bradford are ALL over-rated. They all will ride the pine, Stafford will start somewhere eventually and flop just because he'll be the only 1st rounder out of the group unless NFL General Managers are being framed by those players and their agents.

Tim Tebow is a Tight End, maybe a Fullback, nothing more.

We'll just have to wait and see then. My feeling is he's going to be a good one. I'm not sure when he'll declare though.

Archived