Jetnation versus the Ganggreen and JI? Numbers look good!

R44

They start Saturday... which I have nothing to do, so I can scout. And they're playing a good team, in Northern Illinois. That MAC... it's slowly becoming the Big 7, instead of the Usual 6.

Shadow, if you watch the Michigan game, as a writer for DD.com, you'll be obligated to watch NIU's stellar O-Line, led by junior tackle Doug Free, who MIGHT be a #1 pick at some point... :lol:

Actually all 3 Michigan schools (Eastern, Central and Western) in the MAC have solid NFL prospects, so keep an eye on them....CMU's QB Kent Smith has already accepted some lower All-Star games invites....Eastern has an NFL caliber QB and WR (a Canadian), among others.

JI?

2 things really jump out at me, as to why I don't post football related items there.

1) The day he kicked Maxman and TS off the board, it all went south for me....Considering how friendly I had become with both, it became a "no-brainer" that I'd jump to JN.

2) At about the same time the split happened, JI had a handful of new 14 year old year olds posting like 50 times a day each (mostly mock draft).....No big deal at first, but the trickle of 14 year olds turned into an overwhelming flood and it suddenly turned into a convention of posters who grew up watching Barney in the mid 1990's :lol:

http://www.redcube.co.za/barney/Barney.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shadow, if you watch the Michigan game, as a writer for DD.com, you'll be obligated to watch NIU's stellar O-Line, led by junior tackle Doug Free, who MIGHT be a #1 pick at some point... :lol:

Actually, I should have time to sit there and take notes. Between that game and the Georgia v Boise State game at the same time, I won't leave my tv. I can scout the NIU line... though I'm not that great of an O-Line scout. But, I know a turnstyle when I see one. So yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

Actually all 3 Michigan schools (Eastern, Central and Western) in the MAC have solid NFL prospects, so keep an eye on them....CMU's QB Kent Smith has already accepted some lower All-Star games invites....Eastern has an NFL caliber QB and WR (a Canadian), among others.

Funny you mention the other Michigan schools. On the local Comcast sports channel here, they play MAC games, usually featuring one of the MAC Michigan teams. So, if there's a player or two from one of those teams, I may be able to watch them a time or two, or any other MAC school, should you need it.

JI?

2 things really jump out at me, as to why I don't post football related items there.

1) The day he kicked Maxman and TS off the board, it all went south for me....Considering how friendly I had become with both, it became a "no-brainer" that I'd jump to JN.

I like to gossip, so y'know... I remember when they kicked out Max and Tom. Mostly, I remember it because of them not posting anymore. I really didn't post often at JI, unless it was taking up for my boys or something Michigan. I read many a thread that Max, Tom, Triple G, or any of the regulars here would post in, and it was entertaining. Like it is here. Then it got dull and all worship at the feet of the powers that be. Which is fine and dandy, but it's annoying. JN is different (and I'd reckon JI does have a bit of envy, considering they watch this place like a hawk, for whatever reason) in the sense that you can slam or rip Max and Tom to shreds, and instead of an instant ban, they'll either rifle back, or play along. It's loose and easy here. Which is how tom likes em.

2) At about the same time the split happened, JI had a handful of new 14 year old year olds posting like 50 times a day each (mostly mock draft).....No big deal at first, but the trickle of 14 year olds turned into an overwhelming flood and it suddenly turned into a convention of posters who grew up watching Barney in the mid 1990's :lol:

http://www.redcube.co.za/barney/Barney.gif

Those kids are annoying. And I remember when EB was one of those kids. When he first got to JI, he was so easily baited by Tx and the other Pats fans, and anyone who disagreed with him. It's almost a night and day difference between what kind of poster he was, and what kind he developed into. Say, for instance, JetMan55... with his infamous collection of Yeah! Yes! U R Teh Suck! and other assorted posts.

And, one more thing... I'm glad that people on here type in complete sentences and try to use the English language properly. It really does make things easier to read.

People said we couldn't play

The called us foul-mothed yobs

But the only notes that really count

Are the ones that come in wads

They all drowned when the air turned blue

'Cos we didn't give a toss

Filthy lucre, ain't nothing new

But we all get cash from the chaos

The time is right to do it now

The greatest rock'n'roll swindle

The time is right to do it now

E.M.I. said you're out of hand

And they gave us the boot

But they couldn't sack us, just like that

Without giving us the loot

Thank you kindly A & M

They said we were out of bounds

But that ain't bad for two weeks work

And 75,000 pounds

691b.jpg

Actually, I should have time to sit there and take notes. Between that game and the Georgia v Boise State game at the same time, I won't leave my tv. I can scout the NIU line... though I'm not that great of an O-Line scout. But, I know a turnstyle when I see one. So yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Shadow...BTY, I stink on evaluating O-Lineman and usually defer to Bitonti, who played O-line in high school...."Scout" may simply mean listen to the info provided by the anonuncers....

For example, about 9 years ago I was watching Cincinnati and HoFamer Anthony Munoz was speaking glowingly about a no-name Bearcat tackle no one knew about at that time--Jason Fabini....Like him or hate him, he's gone from an unknow to a long-time NFLer :lol:

Funny you mention the other Michigan schools. On the local Comcast sports channel here, they play MAC games, usually featuring one of the MAC Michigan teams. So, if there's a player or two from one of those teams, I may be able to watch them a time or two, or any other MAC school, should you need it.

Thanks, any little bit helps....One thing about the MAC, is it's kind of like the WAC--Very offensive...Sometimes it's hard to figure out players stats, when teams are playing 52-51 games every week.

Those kids are annoying. And I remember when EB was one of those kids. When he first got to JI, he was so easily baited by Tx and the other Pats fans, and anyone who disagreed with him. It's almost a night and day difference between what kind of poster he was, and what kind he developed into. Say, for instance, JetMan55... with his infamous collection of Yeah! Yes! U R Teh Suck! and other assorted posts.

And, one more thing... I'm glad that people on here type in complete sentences and try to use the English language properly. It really does make things easier to read.

The all-caps and intentional bad grammar is bad for any board....I'm very prone to typos because I try to type real fast, but those clowns were just an embarrasment :oops:

BTY, Shadow, since few people will bother to read our long replies, I'll fit this in:

JI has a "minor celebrity" (sports writer, of sorts) that been hanging out at that site for a long while, but almost never talks football....Comical thing is, most posters think he knows zero about football, when, in reality, he's connected beyond belief.

Excellent memory storm. =D>

The only time I ever received a warning from the CEO (by the way, will they be offering an IPO shortly?) of the other site was when I was baiting EB.

EB has really turned it around here and I consider him one of the better Jet fan posters.

Thanks Shadow...BTY, I stink on evaluating O-Lineman and usually defer to Bitonti, who played O-line in high school...."Scout" may simply mean listen to the info provided by the anonuncers....

For example, about 9 years ago I was watching Cincinnati and HoFamer Anthony Munoz was speaking glowingly about a no-name Bearcat tackle no one knew about at that time--Jason Fabini....Like him or hate him, he's gone from an unknow to a long-time NFLer :lol:

Hey, I can do that. I'll have to take notes though, cause I won't remember :lol: And, I'm with you: I'd defer to Bit. But, I'll keep my eye out.

Thanks, any little bit helps....One thing about the MAC, is it's kind of like the WAC--Very offensive...Sometimes it's hard to figure out players stats, when teams are playing 52-51 games every week.

They do get a bit high scoring, but they have to have an efficient line in order to do so. And, in the MAC, they don't always run the spread or shotgun, they do run a more pro style system in there. It's varied, but it's not always 4 or 5 receivers.

The all-caps and intentional bad grammar is bad for any board....I'm very prone to typos because I try to type real fast, but those clowns were just an embarrasment :oops:

BTY, Shadow, since few people will bother to read our long replies, I'll fit this in:

JI has a "minor celebrity" (sports writer, of sorts) that been hanging out at that site for a long while, but almost never talks football....Comical thing is, most posters think he knows zero about football, when, in reality, he's connected beyond belief.

I am with you, on typos... I don't do it as often, becuase I make an effort not to typo, myself, but I do it alot, anyway. And I don't always spell check. But, there's no reason why people have to be so bloody ignorant about grammar.

But, about the minor celeb, is that' how it always goes? I'd almost bet that somewhere after this is posted, a poll goes up, questioning who the person in question is. Which is sad, because they'll never guess it! :lol:

And, to add more to that... I know quite a few people like that, not on the boards or anything, but elsewhere. They're not very assuming or anything, but you'd be suprised with who they know or what they do.

I like to gossip, so y'know... I remember when they kicked out Max and Tom. Mostly, I remember it because of them not posting anymore. I really didn't post often at JI, unless it was taking up for my boys or something Michigan. I read many a thread that Max, Tom, Triple G, or any of the regulars here would post in, and it was entertaining. Like it is here. Then it got dull and all worship at the feet of the powers that be. Which is fine and dandy, but it's annoying. JN is different (and I'd reckon JI does have a bit of envy, considering they watch this place like a hawk, for whatever reason) in the sense that you can slam or rip Max and Tom to shreds, and instead of an instant ban, they'll either rifle back, or play along. It's loose and easy here. Which is how tom likes em.

Tom and I were kicked out? Tom just told me we were moving again. I feel so used.

About the making fun of Tom and Max thing that is pretty funny. Our first rule was No Personal Attacks, unless they are directed at us!

What we won't do for the good of the nation.

:P

You the man SS19. You the man.

Excellent memory storm. =D>

The only time I ever received a warning from the CEO (by the way, will they be offering an IPO shortly?) of the other site was when I was baiting EB.

EB has really turned it around here and I consider him one of the better Jet fan posters.

I remember for this reason: I was the one who actually cooled him down, the first time, I think. I had this post where I told him just don't respond, they're just trying to piss you off, and all that. I mean, I didn't post alot, but I lurked and chimed in when I felt that my opinion was needed (unlike ehre, where I just hit post reply/quote, and just hit keys on the board), so I knew how y'all operated and that you guys weren't bad, just trying to have fun. Hell, most times it was entertaining. It was like a game. I'd say a good 85-90% of it was funnier than sh*t.

And, I agree, EB has turned it around, mostly after coming here. Maybe this place has a calming influence on people or something?

Tom and I were kicked out? Tom just told me we were moving again. I feel so used.

About the making fun of Tom and Max thing that is pretty funny. Our first rule was No Personal Attacks, unless they are directed at us!

What we won't do for the good of the nation.

:P

You the man SS19. You the man.

Well, you know how Tom is, Max...

Hell, the banter between the posters here is what makes this place as good as it is, in my opinion. In one thread you'll have myself and Tom arguing about either Detroit QB's, or how he hates the Pistons, in another thread you'll have Savage and other posters going back and forth about Martin or Herm or something else about the team, in the baseball forum, JBF is causing a stir... it's just very fun to be here. In the heat of the moment, you'll get all pissed off and type furiously away, but looking back at it, you think "Hey, that was a pretty fun moment in my history.". It's a very tight community, that is very laid back.

And as far as making fun of the two of you, it's like a frat house or a giant game of tag, someone is always it. Sometimes it's Tx, or Smizzy, or yourself, or Tom, or GOB, or myself, or Ham, or JBF, or the lovely ladies of JN, or someone! And it's all good natured, maybe not so much at the time, but it's never done it with hurtful intent.

I'm the man? Nah... I'm just keeping his seat warm :wink:

Archived