And, why exactly do we want Schotty jr to come back?

Have I missed something? This is the same dumb ass who would never get Leon Washington enough "touches" every Sunday. This is the guy who called for a trick-play reverse against the Broncos with rain and sleet pouring down onto the field. Under Schotty, I don't think that the Jets offense has left the middle to bottom of the pack in league rankings. And once again, why do we want to keep this guy?

Remember, it wasn't until late in the year that we knew what we had with Leon in 2006. I think they feel that the 2006 Schotty, the creative Schotty, is the real Schotty. That the Schotty we saw in 2007 and 2008 was being repressed by the anal Mangini. Freed from those strictures, the Jets want the real, uninhibited Schotty to come forth and blossom.

Because Rex knows Schotty will be coaching for a job the next season.

This is the equivalent of a 'contract year' for him. If he does well, he'll be inline for a big payday from some other team.

Plus I think it doesn't hurt to keep some familiar faces around...keeping him, Callahan, and Westhoff is a very good thing.

Because Rex knows Schotty will be coaching for a job the next season.

This is the equivalent of a 'contract year' for him. If he does well, he'll be inline for a big payday from some other team.

Plus I think it doesn't hurt to keep some familiar faces around...keeping him, Callahan, and Westhoff is a very good thing.

Agreed 100%.

Because Rex knows Schotty will be coaching for a job the next season. This is the equivalent of a 'contract year' for him. If he does well, he'll be inline for a big payday from some other team.

Good point. It's in Schotty's best interest to do well next season because he wants to be a HC. Schotty obviously wants to be a HC and this is the best chance for him to do it.

Plus, I believe the Jet fans undervalue Schotty compared to how other NFL teams value him.

Finally, we shouldn't underestimate Mangini's impact on the offense. Punting from the opponents 38, kicking a FG on 4th & 1 at the 3 did worse for the offense than Schotty supposedly not giving Leon enough touches.

And I only write "supposedly" because I believe Mangini is more at fault than Schotty on that.

Archived