The****OFFICIAL****JN 2009 KFFL Off-Season Thread

SoFlaJets

post them here folks....

Jaguars | Could sign Mosley Tuesday

Tue, 03 Mar 2009 07:05:49 -0800

Michael C. Wright, of The Florida Times-Union, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars could complete a deal with free-agent DL C.J. Mosley (Jets) Tuesday, March 3.

BlackJack Racing | No. 51 car entered at Atlanta

Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:00:23 -0800

SceneDaily.com reports BlackJack Racing and the No. 51 Dodge is entered in the Sprint Cup Kobalt Tools 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway Sunday, March 8. No driver has been listed for the race yet.

BlackJack Racing | No. 51 car entered at Atlanta

Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:00:23 -0800

SceneDaily.com reports BlackJack Racing and the No. 51 Dodge is entered in the Sprint Cup Kobalt Tools 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway Sunday, March 8. No driver has been listed for the race yet.

you don't watch that crap do you SE?

Broncos | In running for Leonhard

Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:35:54 -0800

Alex Marvez, of FOXSports.com, reports the Denver Broncos have made a late bid for free-agent FS Jim Leonhard (Ravens), who is now reconsidering his verbal agreement to sign a contract with the New York Jets, according to a source.

Cardinals | Warner proposes two-year deal to stay in Arizona

Tue, 03 Mar 2009 12:07:37 -0800

Updating an ongoing story, John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent QB Kurt Warner (Cardinals) has instructed his agent, Mark Bartelstein, to make a two-year, $23 million proposal to stay with the Arizona Cardinals. According to Bartelstein, Warner's proposal would include $12 million in guarantees, $6 million each season. Warner also said he would be willing to reduce his deal by $1 million per year if the Cardinals can successful negotiate the contract of WR Anquan Boldin. According to a source, the Cardinals improved their proposal to Warner that had been stalled for more than a week at two years and $20 million. It is believed Arizona is willing to give him $23 million over two seasons, but they are making up the difference with incentives.

Broncos | McDaniels says Cutler will not be traded

Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:59:23 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels said the team will not trade QB Jay Cutler. "Let me be as clear as I can about this. We are not trading Jay Cutler

Jets | Richardson officially re-signed

Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:38:40 -0800

Updating previous reports, the New York Jets have announced they have officially re-signed unrestricted free-agent FB Tony Richardson. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Redskins | Looking to re-sign Kendall

Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:08:24 -0800

Jason Reid, of The Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins are interested in re-signing OG Pete Kendall, according to head coach Jim Zorn. "He's my next phone call," Zorn said. "I want to talk to him to make sure we're on the same page, he and I, and he knows the direction we're going. But we're hoping that he'll be able to come back to us at some point."

Lions | G. Jackson signed

Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:41:19 -0800

Steve Wyche, of NFL.com, reports the Detroit Lions have signed unrestricted free-agent DT Grady Jackson (Falcons) to a three-year deal worth $8 million

Patriots | Ramsey visits

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:19:34 -0800

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots met with unrestricted free-agent QB Patrick Ramsey (Broncos) Wednesday, March 4.

Patriots | Galloway visits

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 12:40:48 -0800

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots met with unrestricted free-agent WR Joey Galloway (Buccaneers) Wednesday, March 4.

Jets | Negotiating with Bajema

Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:58:25 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets have been negotiating with unrestricted free-agent TE Billy Bajema (49ers).

Bills | Lynch could be suspended

Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:45:09 -0800

Jay Glazer and Alex Marvez, of FOXSports.com, report Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch could be suspended by the NFL for the start of the season because of his recent guilty plea on a misdemeanor weapons charge.

Titans | To seek tampering evidence against Washington

Sat, 07 Mar 2009 07:17:06 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans are interested in pursuing tampering charges against the Washington Redskins, who agreed to terms with DL Albert Haynesworth just five hours into the NFL's free agency period. It remains to be seen whether the Titans will be able to come up with enough evidence against the Redskins to make a good case to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. When asked if the Redskins tampered, Haynesworth said, "I don't think so. Yeah, (agent) Chad (Speck) told me he met with the Redskins at the combine, but they were talking about Malcolm (Kelly) and how he could become the next Andre Johnson and stuff like that.

Chiefs | Vrabel has plenty left

Sat, 07 Mar 2009 05:44:54 -0800

NFL.com reports Kansas City Chiefs LB Mike Vrabel said Friday, March 6, that he still has plenty of football left in him and that he will help improve the team. "I know that I have got some more football left," Vrabel said. "I can still play and I can still help the Chiefs and I will help the Chiefs. I have never gone into a season and said, 'I am going to do this, this and this.' I will promise you that I will work, I'll be consistent and, God willing, I will be durable. Those are the things that I like to think that I brought to the table in New England and will bring to the table in Kansas City."

Rams | Frerotte an option?

Fri, 06 Mar 2009 22:01:37 -0800

Jim Thomas, of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports free-agent QB Gus Frerotte (Vikings) could be an option as a backup for the St. Louis Rams. He may visit with the team next week. He was with the Rams in 2006 and 2007 and started three games during '07.

Cardinals | Leinart won't ask for trade

Sun, 08 Mar 2009 07:06:22 -0700

Kent Somers, of The Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals backup QB Matt Leinart said he does not plan to ask for a trade. While he is not content being a backup, he is not looking to be dealt.

Chargers | LDT's days numbered?

Sun, 08 Mar 2009 00:29:16 -0800

Charean Williams, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, speculates San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson has played his last game with the Chargers. According to Williams, the Arizona Cardinals or New Orleans Saints would appear to be perfect fits if he were to be traded or released.

Steelers | Galloway not offered contract

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:37:45 -0700

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers did not offer a contract to unrestricted free-agent WR Joey Galloway (Buccaneers) after he met with the team.

Ravens | Greisen released

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 05:25:31 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens have released LB Nick Greisen. The team saved $716,000 against the salary cap with his release and is now a little more than $2 million under the cap.

SIGN THIS BEAST!!!

B/U LBer help?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=3680

Browns | C. Williams scheduled to receive bonus

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:28:27 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns DE Corey Williams is scheduled to receive a $6 million roster bonus as part of the extension he signed last season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browns | Rogers scheduled to receive bonus

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:26:05 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns DT Shaun Rogers is scheduled to receive a $6 million roster bonus as part of the extension he signed last season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browns | Stallworth owed bonus

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:24:28 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns WR Donte' Stallworth is owed a $4.75 million bonus as part of his contract.

Browns | Lewis owed bonus

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:23:09 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns LB Jamal Lewis is owed a $4 million bonus as part of the contract he signed last year.

Browns | Thomas owed bonus

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:22:55 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns OT Joe Thomas is owed a $3.44 million bonus as part of his rookie contract.

Browns | Interested in re-signing Wright

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:14:21 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns have shown interest in re-signing unrestricted free-agent RB Jason Wright, according to his agent Mike McCartney.

Browns | Womack signed

Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:11:49 -0700

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns have signed unrestricted free-agent OG Floyd Womack (Seahawks), according to a source. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Bears | Nicks coming in next week

Wed, 18 Mar 2009 03:40:40 -0700

Updating previous reports, Brad Biggs, of The Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears WRs coach Darryl Drake will workout NFL Draft prospect WR Hakeem Nicks (North Carolina) next week.

Patriots | Ventrone contract details

Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:41:57 -0700

Updating a previous report, Christopher L. Gasper, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots SS Ray Ventrone signed a one-year deal worth $460,000.

Patriots | Williams contract details

Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:40:48 -0700

Updating a previous report, Christopher L. Gasper, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots SS Tank Williams signed a one-year deal worth $620,000.

Patriots | Britt contract details

Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:39:48 -0700

Updating a previous report, Christopher L. Gasper, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots OT Wesley Britt signed a one-year deal worth $535,000.

Patriots | Johnson contract details

Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:39:12 -0700

Updating a previous report, Christopher L. Gasper, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots C Al Johnson signed a one-year deal worth $950,000.

Rams | Bajema scheduled to visit

Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:11:12 -0700

Matt Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports the St. Louis Rams were scheduled to meet with unrestricted free-agent TE Billy Bajema (49ers) Tuesday, March 17.

Steelers | Unlikely interested in Holt

Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:45:25 -0700

Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers likely will not be interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Torry Holt (Rams).

Archived