Going to the Draft - Questions

talisaynon

Hello all,

I want to go to the draft this year but I'm hesitant because I'm not too familiar with the logistics.

I have a couple of questions about going:

1) How much are tickets? I heard that you can basically line up the day of and get them -- someone correct me if i'm wrong please, and I also heard they cost about 15-20 bucks..is this true?

2) What are my chances of getting if I get to the line at 5 AM? 6AM? 4AM? 3?

Yes, I know it's boring waiting around and stuff, but I just want to be able to experience it.

Thanks for your help yall...I appreciate it.

I went about 26 years ago. I was there when Pete Rozelle said "The NY Jets pick QB..(big smile to Jets fans).......Ken O'Brien". And we all went into shock as Dan Marino was still on the board! Jet misery. It's a lot of fun to experience and worth the wait in line and there are more Jets fans there than any other team. (At least when I went.) The fun is going into shock when somebody picks a guy who was not rated highly and their fans start booing. That used to be us. But lately we have done OK. The suspense really grows when you hear the announcement, "The New York Jets are on the clock." Then, even if you are an atheist, you start praying! "Don't F*** up!"

If you show up at 5, you should get in. It's like watching a candle burn. Good luck. Bring plenty of draft guides so you can follow who is being picked after Round 1.

I went about 26 years ago. I was there when Pete Rozelle said "The NY Jets pick QB..(big smile to Jets fans).......Ken O'Brien". And we all went into shock as Dan Marino was still on the board! Jet misery. It's a lot of fun to experience and worth the wait in line and there are more Jets fans there than any other team. (At least when I went.) The fun is going into shock when somebody picks a guy who was not rated highly and their fans start booing. That used to be us. But lately we have done OK. The suspense really grows when you hear the announcement, "The New York Jets are on the clock." Then, even if you are an atheist, you start praying! "Don't F*** up!"

If you show up at 5, you should get in. It's like watching a candle burn. Good luck. Bring plenty of draft guides so you can follow who is being picked after Round 1.

LOL thanks man, I appreciate it. Draft guide huh..got it.

Great post...I have never been...but when the "Jets are on the Board" that must be some feeling...and this year I think it will be a pick to cheer about ! I will be at home !

Archived