Yu Darvish on ESPN 2 (Japan vs. Korea)

Morrissey

I may be wrong, but it's not the players decision which team he goes to. Whoever posts the highest bid... gets the players rights.

Dice-K is a Red Sox because the bid they posted was more than $20 million than the 2nd and 3rd highest bids (Yankees and Mets)

I may be wrong, but it's not the players decision which team he goes to too. Whoever posts the highest bid... gets the players rights.

I guess that's right. but they don't have to sign with that team. Like the Yanks could post 31408310 billion to talk to him and him tell us to suck it.

Nonsense. What are you basing this on? Doosh-K? You're being silly.

I'm basing it on my wife's japanese family who all are either Red Sox or Mariner fans. Believe it or not one guy can have that much sway. I get bashed at all family gatherings. Good times.

I'm basing it on my wife's japanese family who all are either Red Sox or Mariner fans. Believe it or not one guy can have that much sway. I get bashed at all family gatherings. Good times.

Isn't Matsui bigger than both Dice-K and Ichiro? He's like Babe Ruth over there.

Boston and Japan could not be anymore different. Japanese and kind and thoughtful people, Bostonians... polar opposite.

I could say the same thing about New York. My point was that the Japanese have embraced the Red Sox. Doesn't matter anyway.

Isn't Matsui bigger than both Dice-K and Ichiro? He's like Babe Ruth over there.

Nah, no one is bigger the Suzuki. Matsui is beloved but he's like an old war horse, Daisuke and Ichiro are the "new breed". Especially girls man, all my wife's younger cousins want to nail Ichiro.

Guy looks like a rat.

Haha I know man! He looks WAAAAY too feminine as well. My wife actually always says and she's right, that Hideki is very similar to the men in her family. I know, I know, all asians look alike, but just his complexion and mannerisms make him very Okawa (wifes maiden name). Her and her sister always refer to Hideki as "uncle hideki". My wife is more of a Fukodome fan girl.

Well, if your wife family says so, then yeah. ha.

The Yankees are far and away the most popular team in Japan and the world. They are baseball defined, whether you like it or not. They're the standard and most kids dream of some day playing for the legendary franchise that Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe Dimaggio, and Mickey Mantle played for. Most kids outside of this country probably never heard of the Red Sox before 2004.

Well, if your wife family says so, then yeah. ha.

The Yankees are far and away the most popular team in Japan and the world. They are baseball defined, whether you like it or not. They're the standard and most kids dream of some day playing for the legendary franchise that Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe Dimaggio, and Mickey Mantle played for. Most kids outside of this country probably never heard of the Red Sox before 2004.

And you know there's PLENTY of people that want to have the "anti-heroes" as their team. The Red Sox have intelligently positioned themselves as that. I think that's why people (at least the Japanese folks I know) love them. We're the evil empire, they're the guys who fight for the every man... you know, being one of the richest teams in the league, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. Anyways, it sucks and I can't wait for us to start whopping them.

Archived