italy vs venezuela

Blackout

I'm still in shock that folks in Italy play baseball. As a kid who spent some summers there in the 70s, no one--and I mean, no one--played or talked about baseball. I know my brother and I had the only two baseball gloves in my region.

There's a pro baseball league in Italy, but a majority of the players on the WBC Italian team are Italian Americans.

I'm still in shock that folks in Italy play baseball. As a kid who spent some summers there in the 70s, no one--and I mean, no one--played or talked about baseball. I know my brother and I had the only two baseball gloves in my region.

Still true. There is a field here somewhere that Kennedy built. They are looking for people to coach. American football is miles bigger here than baseball. The Italians don't like or understand that either, but at least we play and they enjoy seeing people get blasted.

There's a pro Italian league in Italy, but a majority of the players on the Italian team are Italian Americans.

What's funny is that most of the "off the boat" Italian men my Dad's age where I grew up all became big baseball fans in America. And every one was a Yankee fan.

Still true. There is a field here somewhere that Kennedy built. They are looking for people to coach. American football is miles bigger here than baseball. The Italians don't like or understand that either, but at least we play and they enjoy seeing people get blasted.

What about the insane beatings people take in Siena's Palio?

What's funny is that most of the "off the boat" Italian men my Dad's age where I grew up all became big baseball fans in America. And every one was a Yankee fan.

Yankees have had many Italian Americans on there team over the years.

Tony Lazzeri

Frank Crosetti

Joe DiMaggio

Phil Rizzuto

Yogi Berra

Joe Pepitone

Dave Righetti

Rick Cerone

Mike Pagliarulo

Archived