Rumors of dicsussions on Charles Woodson for John Abraham

RichardSeymour

A "tenured" KFFL poster mentioned this as one of several tidbits he heard in a sports radio convo with a sportsline writer.

The Jets and the Raiders have discussed a Woodson for Abraham swap... Both teams are interested but the deal breaker is both players have to agree to long term extentions before anything can be done... Dallas NOT interested in Woodson...

Hmmm, the ty law rule has really limited a corner like woodson's ability imo. In woodson's defense the raiders had no pass rush. But Abe only plays half a season and the Jets can get a pass rushing DE in the draft if one falls. If not Thomas can play Abe's spot well. I would do it if I'm the Jets.

i was just telling a buddy that I still expect Abe to be traded before the draft either for a DT and a pick or a top corner

this rumor doesn't surprise me and take note that Dallas still needs DE help

clearly if the team was willing to cut ties with Tan based on his disappointing play and injuries they surely should do the same with abe immediately as his value is much much greater than Santana's

I'd rather try and trade him to Dallas for two first rounders. No point in taking on Woodson's big contract if we can try and go after someone like Marlin Jackson in the draft. IMO, Woodson is a bit overrated, and isn't much of the "team first" player we look for.

I would love this.

Think of it this way:

1) Both injury proned

2) Both are Top 10 at their position when healthy

Why not? BT could start and I'd give it up to get Woodson, why the hell not?

If Bradway trades Abe for Woodson straight up, I would lose all respect for him.

Woodson has somehow managed to bask in the limelight of the Heisman Trophy and trick people into believing he's a top corner. I'd rather both Law and Smoot than Woodson, the most over-rated corner in the league, IMO.

I wouldn't trade John Abraham for any of these proposals.

It would be the stupidest move in Jets history if they traded John Abraham.

hardly, the man is problematic, injury prone, uninspired and has 2 strikes against him in the drug program and will be commanding a huge bonus and is already eating a big chunk of the cap this year too

this is pure unadulterated trade bait if there ever was such a thing, get rid of him now!!!!!!!!!!

if BT improved so mmuch last year in what was basically his second year playing then he will improve that much more next year in the same syatem and his pass rushing skills will see improvement with an improved secondary, so I say trade his ass now and sign a CB like smoot, get me picks or players or botrh for him immediately

I wouldn't trade John Abraham for any of these proposals.

It would be the stupidest move in Jets history if they traded John Abraham.

If it came out, would you be able to accept a Champ Bailey for John Abraham deal?

Archived