Good news on Xavier Nady injury!

Morrissey

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Via WFAN, Jon Heyman is reporting that Xavier Nady will not need surgery on his elbow and can return after rehab.

Good news for the Yankees. This protects them in the event that Hideki Matsui’s knees keep him from playing later in the season.

No word yet on when Nady might be back. We should find that out later today. Check the game post for updates.

you beat me by seconds, yeah no surgery, just rehab, and he'll be back according to Peter Abraham.

This is great news, I still think Swisher is a better player, but Nady gives us great depth, and he should be in the lineup vs. LHP. I wonder how long until he's back.

This is great news, I still think Swisher is a better player, but Nady gives us great depth, and he should be in the lineup vs. LHP. I wonder how long until he's back.

Yeah, Swisher is a better player, seeing how he gets on base more, but getting Nady back keeps Matsui out of the lineup... lol

Yeah, Swisher is a better player, seeing how he gets on base more, but getting Nady back keeps Matsui out of the lineup... lol

I still haven't given up on Matsui, but a healthy Nady keeps Melky out of the lineup, and that is a GREAT thing.

Wow, were you born retarded, or did you grow into it?

:( WOW i was just notifying you as a courtesy to let you know it was a duplicate, and you have the nerve to tell me i'm mentally challenged?

how could a retarded person operate a computer successfully? I don' think that's possible JCB. don't be so ignorant next time.

thanks, blackout

you beat me by seconds, yeah no surgery, just rehab, and he'll be back according to Peter Abraham.

It is excellent news. The questions are now gone, we hope. I still think it will be a lot longer than Pete Abe is saying. I bet he won't be back much before the All Star break.

lineup in 4-6 weeks:

SS Jeter

LF Damon

1B Tex

3B A-Rod

C Posada

2B Cano

RF Swisher

DH Nady

CF Gardner

Bench:

DH/LF Matsui

OF Melky

C Molina

IF Ransom

I think Matsui is going to come around, there's already been signs of it, so I think Matsui will get most of the starts vs. RHP at DH and Nady vs. LHP. Nady will also get plenty of time in RF when they want to DH Damon, so they'll put Swisher in LF.

Archived