Baseball Tonight and Sportscenter

drago

Does anyone else find is annoying (I realize i'm talking to mostly yankee fans here) that the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers are the only teams that get featured? I realize that Milwaukee has been bad for a long time and people probably don't give a **** that they are doing well but they have one of the best records in baseball and i have to watch sportscenter for 15 or 20 minutes to even hear that Suppan threw a shutout.

Is it bad business to only sell a few teams? The league has so many more stories to sell but i am stuck listening to the same tired A-rod stories night in and night out. Why not sell the Royals more? They are doing pretty damn well, as are the Blue Jays.

It just gets old.

LOL. You sound exactly like Heath Bell.

Huh...i hadn't heard that. I don't know that i have the MLB network and am not a huge baseball fan or anything. I mean, how can i be? my team has been ****ty for 25 years before last year.

Either way, i'll keep watching the live games and being dissapointed if i ever want to catch a highlight.

They show and talk about those teams across their programs because they get the best ratings showing Yankees, Mets, Sox, Dodgers games. So, they cater to what their audience wants.

Yes it sucks for the little guy like you, but outside of Milwaukee nobody gives a sh!t about the Brew Crew.

All teams get featured, but you have to realize the bread and butter that those markets are to the game and the network. Also, it is only May. We're not even at the All-Star Break. The Brew Crew and Jays are gathering a buzz, but it is early.

They show and talk about those teams across their programs because they get the best ratings showing Yankees, Mets, Sox, Dodgers games. So, they cater to what their audience wants.

Yes it sucks for the little guy like you, but outside of Milwaukee nobody gives a sh!t about the Brew Crew.

That's where I think you are wrong. I think they are losing a lot of fans. When was the last time you heard about a hard core Pirate fan?

You say you don't care about the Brewers, and i understand that but I say the same about the Yankees. I know my market is only 1 million strong but that is a pretty large chunk of people when you add in the rest of the small markets.

Meh, i don't really care i guess...just curious if anyone of you all found it strange or even annoying that it is all yankees all the time...despite their pedestrian record.

That's where I think you are wrong. I think they are losing a lot of fans. When was the last time you heard about a hard core Pirate fan?

You say you don't care about the Brewers, and i understand that but I say the same about the Yankees. I know my market is only 1 million strong but that is a pretty large chunk of people when you add in the rest of the small markets.

Meh, i don't really care i guess...just curious if anyone of you all found it strange or even annoying that it is all yankees all the time...despite their pedestrian record.

ESPN's baseball ratings are highest when they show the big teams. Thats why they highlight them. They dont care about the small market teams. Its about 1 thing and 1 thing only: ad revenue.

And with Yankee, Mets, Dodger and Sox fans around the country in large #'s, they can support being the lead constantly on ESPN's programs.

ESPN's baseball ratings are highest when they show the big teams. Thats why they highlight them. They dont care about the small market teams. Its about 1 thing and 1 thing only: ad revenue.

And with Yankee, Mets, Dodger and Sox fans around the country in large #'s, they can support being the lead constantly on ESPN's programs.

I think you are right that there are a ton of yankee, met, dodger and sox fans across the US. Why do you think that is? Their own teams blow ass...sort of hard to follow a team that is happy to reach .500 on the season.

It sickens me how many yankee or bo-sox fans are out here...but i can understand why people do that...if you are going to follow the sport, it's more fun when your team has a chance every year.

Oh well, you guys will see prince and braun on your clubs in a couple years anyway. Enjoy them, they're good players.

Because does anybody care about the Brewers and Marlins? No.

The Yankees, Rex Sox & Dodgers have the three biggest fan markets, therefore they will be talked about the most. Same thing is seen during football season when they continuely talk about Dallas.

Archived