Suggs gets new deal

hoping4ASuperBowl

Highest paid linebacker in league history:

Ravens signed Terrell Suggs to a six-year, $63 million contract, according to profootballtalk. The deal included a $10.1 million signing bonus and a $23 million option bonus due next March.

He'll make a whopping $40 million in the next two years, which is an unreal sum. His bonus money ($33.1 million) beats any defender's in history and he's the highest paid linebacker in football. With Suggs' age (26), versatility, and production, the linebacker/defensive end hybrid is a safe bet and should remain an elite pass rusher for a while. Suggs hasn't posted double-digit sacks since 2004, but he could get that opportunity as a more featured player in new coordinator Greg Mattison's defense. Jul. 15 - 9:51 am et

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/15/six-years-63-million-for-suggs/

Wow. That's "great-player" money. Not very good player money. Suggs is not worth that. In fact, there aren't any backers I can think of right now worth that kind of coin. Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkus, Brian Bosworth--those guys were league dominating players that deserved insane salaries. Suggs hasn't earned such status.

Note: Brian Bosworth. Brian Bosworth. It just rolls off the tongue. Brian Bosworth.

Another Note: I have been drinking. Jim Beam is good for the uh...What? Who are you looking at? I'll punch you in the neck! I'm sorry. You know I love you right? You know it. Of course you do. I'm sorry. Forgive me man. I'm just..it's like I don't know why you're so cool and I just wanna hug you. Your sister is so pretty. No disrespect. Hey, you wanna go sing Karioke?

But seriously--Brian Bosworth.

Highest paid linebacker in league history:

Ravens signed Terrell Suggs to a six-year, $63 million contract, according to profootballtalk. The deal included a $10.1 million signing bonus and a $23 million option bonus due next March.

He'll make a whopping $40 million in the next two years, which is an unreal sum. His bonus money ($33.1 million) beats any defender's in history and he's the highest paid linebacker in football. With Suggs' age (26), versatility, and production, the linebacker/defensive end hybrid is a safe bet and should remain an elite pass rusher for a while. Suggs hasn't posted double-digit sacks since 2004, but he could get that opportunity as a more featured player in new coordinator Greg Mattison's defense. Jul. 15 - 9:51 am et

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/15/six-years-63-million-for-suggs/

:shock: WOW !!

Archived