Thoughts on job Omar is doing for Mets

SouthernJet

I think Omar hasnt called Oakland for Holliday cause Holliday couldnt present evidence he has any Latin blood in him

MATT HOLLIDAY SLUMBER SHOWS GM OMAR MINAYA'S FAILURES

PICK UP THE PHONE: Power-hitting outfielder Matt Holliday could be available before the trade deadline, but Mets GM Omar Minaya hasn't even bothered making a call to the Athletics, which Post columnist Joel Sherman finds disturbing.

I HEARD something last week that I just could not believe and so I checked it out with Omar Minaya and -- to my astonishment -- it was true:

The Mets have not put in a single phone call to ask about Oakland's Matt Holliday.

I don't see a reason why the Mets should go after Holliday. He's a free agent at the end of the year, so if you want him just wait til then. No need to waste trading your future away for a guy who might be gone in three months.

I don't see a reason why the Mets should go after Holliday. He's a free agent at the end of the year, so if you want him just wait til then. No need to waste trading your future away for a guy who might be gone in three months.

Good post. Only way I'd do it is for a sign then trade deal. I honestly don't think the Mets have anything, in the way of prospects , to offer.

Whether or not Omar thinks Holliday is the answer, he should still call and ask. If he's not asking, he's not doing his job, IMHO.

Personally, I don't think I want him either, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't ask.

Archived