Girardi = Idiot (This really has me worried)

BP

He's been making a lot of dumb decisions so far in the regular season. (aka why does he keep bringing in Bruney? (sp?) I'm especially concerned with his decisions when he goes to the pen. this will be magnified eleventy billion times if and when the Yankees go into the playoffs.

What do guys think?

He's been making a lot of dumb decisions so far in the regular season. (aka why does he keep bringing in Bruney? (sp?) I'm especially concerned with his decisions when he goes to the pen. this will be magnified eleventy billion times if and when the Yankees go into the playoffs.

What do guys think?

I have never liked Girardi as the manager of this team. He over-thinks everything, especially in the bullpen. He keeps bringing in Bruney and Coke in key situations and they continue to **** the bed. I think the Yankees are the most talented team in baseball, and are the favorites to win the World Series. However, in a short series, some of his dumb decisions could come back to bite this team in the ass. Girardi and AJ Burnett are my only worries about this team going into October. They are pretty big worries.

I just hope we keep winning in spite of some of his moronic decisions.

Hasnt our pitching been hot since the all-star break? Weve won 7 in a row. I wouldn't say he's an idiot, and even if bruney isnt doing well we can keep giving him chances considering were in first by a good amount.

The Yankees are doing well, yes. but he makes dumb decisions sometimes (in my opinion) first and second with the lead and nobody out and he bunts..lol..:confused0085: and the decisions in the pen.

You can get away with that in the regular season. but it only takes one dumb move to get you outta the playoffs.

I have never liked Girardi as the manager of this team. He over-thinks everything, especially in the bullpen. He keeps bringing in Bruney and Coke in key situations and they continue to **** the bed. I think the Yankees are the most talented team in baseball, and are the favorites to win the World Series. However, in a short series, some of his dumb decisions could come back to bite this team in the ass. Girardi and AJ Burnett are my only worries about this team going into October. They are pretty big worries.

I just hope we keep winning in spite of some of his moronic decisions.

Exactly! you said it a lot better than me..lol..but thats exactly what I'm thinking too.

In a short series, I think that Aceves, Hughes, Marte, Mitre, Gaudin, Mo are the only relievers who see any real time and I think those guys are enough to survive a ****ty game or two. I think we have a very strong bullpen if used correctly. Have to keep Coke and Bruney out of those close games and only put them in when we are winning or losing by 5-6 runs.

In a short series, I think that Aceves, Hughes, Marte, Mitre, Gaudin, Mo are the only relievers who see any real time and I think those guys are enough to survive a ****ty game or two. I think we have a very strong bullpen if used correctly. Have to keep Coke and Bruney out of those close games and only put them in when we are winning or losing by 5-6 runs.

Why? So they can give up a 3-run homer? I know it's not going to happen but I don't wanna see either one of them pitch once in the Playoffs.

Why? So they can give up a 3-run homer? I know it's not going to happen but I don't wanna see either one of them pitch once in the Playoffs.

They're bad but not bad enough to blow a 6 run lead. I think a guy like Mitre is going to shine coming out of the bullpen in the playoffs. Aceves too.

They're bad but not bad enough to blow a 6 run lead. I think a guy like Mitre is going to shine coming out of the bullpen in the playoffs. Aceves too.

That would be much better. I would like Mitre in the bullpen VERY MUCH. He has shown that it is tough to hit him when his stuff is on, and he often gets through the first few innings easily. That means hitters have a tough time picking up his stuff the first time they see him. He would be an asset for this team in the Pen.

Aceves has been nothing but a stud the whole year, no worries there.

Whew, it's nice to have a baseball discussion!

That would be much better. I would like Mitre in the bullpen VERY MUCH. He has shown that it is tough to hit him when his stuff is on, and he often gets through the first few innings easily. That means hitters have a tough time picking up his stuff the first time they see him. He would be an asset for this team in the Pen.

Aceves has been nothing but a stud the whole year, no worries there.

Whew, it's nice to have a baseball discussion!

Mitre has never done anything out of the pen, he walks too many hitters and his stuff is only decent. Yea he's gonna be key to our postseason run! Him and Gaudin!

Mitre has never done anything out of the pen, he walks too many hitters and his stuff is only decent. Yea he's gonna be key to our postseason run! Him and Gaudin!

I said I would rather see him in when we are up/down 6 then Coke or Bruney. Not in key situations.

Watch, I'm telling you. Hughes is going to show him how to pitch out of the pen and he is going to light it up in the post season.

You'd rather see him overuse Hughes and Robertson??

Not to mention he needs to find out if Bruney will be sharp come October.

How would he over use Hughes? they already treat him like a porcelain doll. Bruney stinks, I have made that conclusion myself. he always walks the lead off hitter every time he comes in.

Look, all im saying is that if he makes these kind of decisions in the playoffs it might bite them in the ass.

And where the hell have you been?

How would he over use Hughes? they already treat him like a porcelain doll. Bruney stinks, I have made that conclusion myself. he always walks the lead off hitter every time he comes in.

Look, all im saying is that if he makes these kind of decisions in the playoffs it might bite them in the ass.

And where the hell have you been?

I think Girardi is wanting to see if Bruney will fix himself before October. No harm in that. Remember he's coming off 2 DL trips, prior to which he was our 8th inning guy and doing a good job.

I dont understand criticizing Girardi on his pen managing. Its been very good, nobody is overly used for the most part. Yea he has overmanaged it at times but what manager has not?? And what do you want him to do, never use his middle relievers?? Those guys need to pitch too or the rest of the pen will be burnt out in the playoffs like Torre always used to do.

I don't like everything Girardi does, but he's getting good results so I can't bitch up a storm here.

I don't understand why he sat Tex on a day where Posada was not catching, but it did not matter, they scored 10 anyway.

Can't really go crazy about that, same with the pitching, I don't like all his moves, but for the most part we are coming out ahead, which is nice.

I don't think either Mitre or Gaudin will see the mound in the playoffs unless there is a complete blowout. At this point, I don't even know if Bruney will make the postseason roster.

The bullpen formula for the Yankees is Aceves, Marte/Coke, Hughes, Rivera. David Robertson might be put into some big spots as well.

I don't think either Mitre or Gaudin will see the mound in the playoffs unless there is a complete blowout. At this point, I don't even know if Bruney will make the postseason roster.

The bullpen formula for the Yankees is Aceves, Marte/Coke, Hughes, Rivera. David Robertson might be put into some big spots as well.

Mitre is going to be one of those guys who surprise you. I'm calling it. Ask Scott and he will tell you I am Psychic.

I hope you're right. Seeing Mitre in a playoff game would scare the **** out of me.

I knew you were gonna say that. ;)

I just hate Coke/Bruney and do not want to see them anywhere near the post season. I'm holding out hope for a guy like Mitre to finish strong and have the ability to contribute.

• 1 month later...

Archived