Jetnation's Week 5 Report Card

lawngnome o-line

Week 5 Report Card

Dolphins 31 Jets 27

Brian Clark (lawngnome o-line)

Quarterback: B

Mark Sanchez: 12/24 172 yds 1 TD, 87.5

Sanchez did a good job protecting the ball this week, and did what he needed to, to get this team down the field. He spread the ball around a lot better, and definitely began a solid relationship with Braylon Edwards.

Running Back/Full Back: B-

Thomas Jones: 13 rushes 42 yds 2TD

Leon Washington: 10 rushes 4 yards, 1 rec 13 yards

Shonn Greene: 3 rushes 8 yards

Thomas Jones vulture two touchdowns from good throws to Edwards, and had difficulty getting through the holes again. He must lead the league for tackles for a loss. Leon provided some excitement as well, and did a decent job out of the backfield.

Wide Receiver/Tight End: B+

Dustin Keller: 0 rec 0 yards

David Clowney: 4 rec 72 yards

Braylon Edwards: 5 rec 64 yards 1 TD

Braylon Edwards could have bought himself some fans with his play on Monday Night. Sanchez was looking for him and he continued to throw him the ball. The injury to Cotchery allowed for Clowney to step up and actually contribute in the game today. I was shocked, but I figure when Cotchery comes back he will go back to his normal disappearing act.

Offensive Line: D

Although they only allowed one sack against, they are nowhere near as dominant as they were last year. At this point it is safe to say they are an average line at best. They do not open up the running lanes for our guys, and are serviceable at best in pass protection.

Defensive Line: D

Jenkins had a decent game, but this group as a whole got pushed around by the Dolphins offensive line. They got little had only 4 tackles for a loss in the game, and allowed for gaping holes from the wildcat. Also for another week, a QB goes without a sack. I know that Henne wasn

Disagree with the O-line.

They're still stacking the box, we got a glimpse of things to come with BE having a great game and Leon actually hitting the holes.

At this point I think Leon should be back #1 and Shonn Greene #2.

TJ goes down with a gust of wind.

Leon had 44 yards. 4.4 per carry aint bad against the leagues top rush D.

Week 5 Report Card

Dolphins 31 Jets 27

Brian Clark (lawngnome o-line)

Quarterback: B

Mark Sanchez: 12/24 172 yds 1 TD, 87.5

Sanchez did a good job protecting the ball this week, and did what he needed to, to get this team down the field. He spread the ball around a lot better, and definitely began a solid relationship with Braylon Edwards.

Running Back/Full Back: B-

Thomas Jones: 13 rushes 42 yds 2TD

Leon Washington: 10 rushes 4 yards, 1 rec 13 yards

Shonn Greene: 3 rushes 8 yards

Thomas Jones vulture two touchdowns from good throws to Edwards, and had difficulty getting through the holes again. He must lead the league for tackles for a loss. Leon provided some excitement as well, and did a decent job out of the backfield.

Wide Receiver/Tight End: B+

Dustin Keller: 0 rec 0 yards

David Clowney: 4 rec 72 yards

Braylon Edwards: 5 rec 64 yards 1 TD

Braylon Edwards could have bought himself some fans with his play on Monday Night. Sanchez was looking for him and he continued to throw him the ball. The injury to Cotchery allowed for Clowney to step up and actually contribute in the game today. I was shocked, but I figure when Cotchery comes back he will go back to his normal disappearing act.

Offensive Line: D

Although they only allowed one sack against, they are nowhere near as dominant as they were last year. At this point it is safe to say they are an average line at best. They do not open up the running lanes for our guys, and are serviceable at best in pass protection.

Defensive Line: D

Jenkins had a decent game, but this group as a whole got pushed around by the Dolphins offensive line. They got little had only 4 tackles for a loss in the game, and allowed for gaping holes from the wildcat. Also for another week, a QB goes without a sack. I know that Henne wasn

Archived