Phins V. Panthers Game thread

Vudu

The coach is a rookie, and is far from a buffoon. Sanchez is irrelevant to the discussion because it's all contingent on him being good. The offensive line is old in 2 positions, and not in 3 others. Guys like that are replaceable. We already have TJ's replacement on the roster. Our D-Line is our weakpoint, and will be our next obvious upgrade. Our safeties are not great, but they are fine.

These 'old' players you speak of, are at the most easily replaceable positions. We could use a LG, a RT, and a DE. DE being the toughest. Our other big need is #2 CB.

I take my roster over yours, any day, and that's being completely objective.

If your coach isn't a bafoon, than I'm a closet Jets fan. He has no professionalism, he doens't know how to overcome adversity, he doesn't know how to keep is players in line, and his schematics actually leave quite a bit to be desired; not to mention his neglegence of the offense.

And I'll take our roster over your's. I'm completely confident that Henne is a much better quarterback than Sanchez. Sanchez has so far to go. He would've made plenty of mistakes in that game last night where Henne is far enough alone to avert danger.

He understands the concept that a drive that ends with a kick isn't a terrible thing. Sanchez hasn't figured this out yet.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure you trusted the guys who ranked Russell the #1 overall pick as well. Completely ignoring his piss-poor work ethic and lack of desire to do anything except eat everything in front of him ala Rex Ryan.

I'm not saying Cody isn't talented, he is. But there's a reason he's still only being rotated in at Alabama.

ESPN of bust! Duh!

I'm sure you trusted the guys who ranked Russell the #1 overall pick as well. Completely ignoring his piss-poor work ethic and lack of desire to do anything except eat everything in front of him ala Rex Ryan.

I'm not saying Cody isn't talented, he is. But there's a reason he's still only being rotated in at Alabama.

even in the first round the draft is a crap shoot. just because you can point out a guy everyone was wrong about doesn't mean much really.

If your coach isn't a bafoon, than I'm a closet Jets fan. He has no professionalism, he doens't know how to overcome adversity, he doesn't know how to keep is players in line, and his schematics actually leave quite a bit to be desired; not to mention his neglegence of the offense.

And I'll take our roster over your's. I'm completely confident that Henne is a much better quarterback than Sanchez. Sanchez has so far to go. He would've made plenty of mistakes in that game last night where Henne is far enough alone to avert danger.

He understands the concept that a drive that ends with a kick isn't a terrible thing. Sanchez hasn't figured this out yet.

Henne played 4 years in college, and is in his 2nd year as a pro. Mark Sanchez played 16 games in college, and is in his first season. What you call 'completely confident', I call homerism. Henne is better, right now, but he should be.

I have no idea what you mean by Ryan is 'unable to overcome adversity', in fact, I'm pretty sure you don't either, and just threw out a cliche there because you thought it sounded good. The Jets have lost games, and they have won games. The team has made mistakes, but if anything the fact that we've started slow, and made strong halftime adjustments paints a picture that is quite opposite of yours.

Further, he doesn't want to 'keep his players in line' in the sense that you offer. He's comfortable with them talking, it's part of his personality, like it or not, it doesn't mean his team is out of control, it means he's not concerned.

As for 'negligence of the offense', yes, he's a defensive minded coach, but the Jets are #1 in rush yards per game, and in the middle of the league in total offense. And that is with a rookie QB. You're painting an unfair picture here.

Henne is the most unimpressive QB i've seen play this year aside from Jamarcus Russell. He's been bailed out more times than I can count.

Henne played 4 years in college, and is in his 2nd year as a pro. Mark Sanchez played 16 games in college, and is in his first season. What you call 'completely confident', I call homerism. Henne is better, right now, but he should be.

His progression will go further and come quicker. I'd bet on that. Sanchez's mistakes are very elementary. Throwing over the middle late, holding on to the football too long, forcing it in opposed to throwing it away. If you watched Chad Henne last night, you saw a very cerebral, prepared quarterback. Two things he learned from sitting behind Chad Pennington for a year. Mark Sanchez has to do it all on his own, no mentor.

I have no idea what you mean by Ryan is 'unable to overcome adversity', in fact, I'm pretty sure you don't either, and just threw out a cliche there because you thought it sounded good. The Jets have lost games, and they have won games. The team has made mistakes, but if anything the fact that we've started slow, and made strong halftime adjustments paints a picture that is quite opposite of yours.

Right because breaking down and balling in front of his team shows true character and toughness.

Further, he doesn't want to 'keep his players in line' in the sense that you offer. He's comfortable with them talking, it's part of his personality, like it or not, it doesn't mean his team is out of control, it means he's not concerned.

Right. And you're team is constantly the laughing stock of the league and media when they talk the biggest game yet play sub .500 ball.

As for 'negligence of the offense', yes, he's a defensive minded coach, but the Jets are #1 in rush yards per game, and in the middle of the league in total offense. And that is with a rookie QB. You're painting an unfair picture here.

I just don't like when a coach is in complete command of one unit. I like when he has an assistant on each side that is heavily responsible for his unit and the head coach is just the over-sight on everything.

Will you please do some more analysis of anything else in the league. I'd LOVE to read it.:cheers:

I love how dolfag fans are now all excited (having beaten NO ONE except the gagging jets.) Came back to me when you beat a 500 team. I remember you scum lapping Chad's bottom last year too. That sure ended well the second you played a good team didn't it? Henne has done even less than chad did last year.

I'm not sure where in that post you got enthusiasm from me, I just want to hear you talk about some more NFL after that gem of a comment comparing Henne to Russell.

Let's discuss offensive line play. Who do yo like? Anywhere? How much better is D'Brick than Big Jake?

They are both nowhere near as good as where they were drafted. That has nothing to do with the fact that Henne has done NOTHING this season. He was a mediocre QB for 4 years in college and that's exactly what he is in the NFL.

They are both nowhere near as good as where they were drafted. That has nothing to do with the fact that Henne has done NOTHING this season. He was a mediocre QB for 4 years in college and that's exactly what he is in the NFL.

He has a team that started 0-3 at 5-5 with one of the worst defenses in the league points wise. We score around 30 points a game since he took over.

He has a team that started 0-3 at 5-5 with one of the worst defenses in the league points wise. We score around 30 points a game since he took over.

Yeah it's ALL him. Nothing to do with the easy schedule AT ALL. He was AWFUL in every game but the first jets game. He really was awesome vs the siants wasn't he? How about the preformance vs the chargers? stellar. He's made mistkes (like he did vs the bucs) and got bailed out because he was playing the worst team in the NFL. He really deserves credit for winning that game doesn't he? Give me a break. Anyone who's been watching him play knows that the reason the dolfags are winning games is all mediocre competition. Henne has been nothing special at all.

Henne is the most unimpressive QB i've seen play this year aside from Jamarcus Russell. He's been bailed out more times than I can count.

Well, he's 5-2 as a starter. So lets assume that as a worse case scenario that he was bailed out on each of his wins. Thats a total of five times. That's the number of fingers (including your thumb) on each hand. It's also the number of toes you have on each foot. I hope this helps you learn to count.

Yeah it's ALL him. Nothing to do with the easy schedule AT ALL. He was AWFUL in every game but the first jets game. He really was awesome vs the siants wasn't he? How about the preformance vs the chargers? stellar. He's made mistkes (like he did vs the bucs) and got bailed out because he was playing the worst team in the NFL. He really deserves credit for winning that game doesn't he? Give me a break. Anyone who's been watching him play knows that the reason the dolfags are winning games is all mediocre competition. Henne has been nothing special at all.

You're not serious, are you?

If so, leave a reply and then I'll go drag up all he stats I need to prove you wrong. For now though, I'm just gonna say you're wrong and enjoy your statement that we have an easy schedule. Even the biggest dolphin hater will tell you our schedule is one of the toughest in the league.

On a side note, thank god the jets played Oakland this year, otherwise you guys would be 0-6 coming down the stretch lol.

I just don't like when a coach is in complete command of one unit. I like when he has an assistant on each side that is heavily responsible for his unit and the head coach is just the over-sight on everything.

the defense is still being installed. 9 games in.......ryan isn't an offensive coach, so he's more hands off on that. i expect this to balance out more by next year. ryan won't need to be as involved in the defense because it will be a year in and the players will have alot more experience with it. ryan can then put some focus on offensive nuances and be more invovled. you have to remember, this is hid first dance as a head coach...he's learning too....along with our qb, our best receiver, and our entire defense except for scott, leonard and douglas. i really didn't expect more than 6 wins this season...it's alot of change and inexperience.

You're not serious, are you?

If so, leave a reply and then I'll go drag up all he stats I need to prove you wrong. For now though, I'm just gonna say you're wrong and enjoy your statement that we have an easy schedule. Even the biggest dolphin hater will tell you our schedule is one of the toughest in the league.

On a side note, thank god the jets played Oakland this year, otherwise you guys would be 0-6 coming down the stretch lol.

His stats are about as mediocre as it gets. I brought up the schedule because your WINS are all against bad teams. You lost to every good team you played this season because you aren't one.

His progression will go further and come quicker. I'd bet on that. Sanchez's mistakes are very elementary. Throwing over the middle late, holding on to the football too long, forcing it in opposed to throwing it away. If you watched Chad Henne last night, you saw a very cerebral, prepared quarterback. Two things he learned from sitting behind Chad Pennington for a year. Mark Sanchez has to do it all on his own, no mentor.

I've seen guys sit behind Chad Pennington before. I'm not sure that's such a great thing. Chad Pennington was a coward, that's his approach to the game, I would not want that approach put on my young QB. Yes, Henne is prepared more prepared, but I think you've seen what Henne is. Solid. I just don't see a huge upside with the guy.

Right because breaking down and balling in front of his team shows true character and toughness.

Actually, I think it shows a ton of character. It shows a genuine care and love for what he's doing. Real men aren't afraid of their emotions, those who are are just quasi-boys who are afraid of being called gay. Fact is, I didn't even read the article about him crying. I saw the headline, and honestly didn't care. He's a firey, passionate, emotional, guy and that has nothing to do with ability to overcome adversity. He showed his emotions, he didn't quit. Stick to the Henne stuff, this is an argument you're simply not equipped to win.

Right. And you're team is constantly the laughing stock of the league and media when they talk the biggest game yet play sub .500 ball.

The team is not the laughingstock of the league. That's you trolling. When I watch pregame, they're not making fun of the Jets. No one is making jokes about them. Again, you are a mid 20s internet troll, and that's just something you say because it's important for you to get a rise out of people. Going 1-15 two years ago makes you a laughing stock, not losing w/ a rookie QB, and a rookie HC.

First, I don't think I care what you like. Actually, I know I don't. It's irrelevant to what happens on the field. Second, are you in meetings? Do you actually know that Rex Ryan completely ignores the offense? Or, do you just pull soundbytes from a guy who's willing to throw them out. Rex spoke highly of Petine (our DC), how do you know what his day to day, and in game involvement is. Do you know for a fact that Rex is calling the plays on defense? Do you know for a fact that Rex doesn't meet with Shotty regularly to talk about strategy on offense? You don't... You just make assumptions that help you troll.

You are officially the first person to call the Dolphins 2009 schedule easy. Congratulations.

He came in, in relief against the Chargers and we were already getting beat. Moot.

You only gave me two games and said he was awful in all of them. Did you see the Buffalo game? I'm curious how a quarterback doesn't turn it over and wins 38-10 yet played awful. In his first start no less. Explain please.

You mentioned when he kicked your team's ass. Touche.

He wasn't to blame for the NO loss. It was Ted Ginn dropping everything, Davone Bess fumbling everything, and oh yeah, the defense allowing 46 points.

Just because you say things like "give me a break" and "EVERYONE who has been watching those Dolphags (that's so clever by the way)" doesn't make you right. If you're going to make claims, you should really learn what you're talking about first.

the defense is still being installed. 9 games in.......ryan isn't an offensive coach, so he's more hands off on that. i expect this to balance out more by next year. ryan won't need to be as involved in the defense because it will be a year in and the players will have alot more experience with it. ryan can then put some focus on offensive nuances and be more invovled. you have to remember, this is hid first dance as a head coach...he's learning too....along with our qb, our best receiver, and our entire defense except for scott, leonard and douglas. i really didn't expect more than 6 wins this season...it's alot of change and inexperience.

I said the Jets would go 6-10 this year so I agree with that. You do have some nice, young pieces, but some of your top producers aren't exactly young (Faneca, Jenkins, Jones.)

I don't think you can really use the rookie moniker for coaches any more. Look at the success Sparano, Harbaugh and Smith had last year with rosters that weren't expected to win more than 6 or 7 games. Then this year you have a rookie HC who is undefeated (well, Manning is undefeated, but it still counts) and Josh McDaniels has done a pretty fine job with the Broncos.

Archived