Phins V. Panthers Game thread

Vudu

I don't understand where the future is so bright. Sanchez looks okay and Braylon will be a nice player for you, but the offensive line is old, your tailback is old, your defensive front is old, shallow, and not that good, your safeties leave a lot to be desired, and your coach is a complete bafoon.

The coach is a rookie, and is far from a buffoon. Sanchez is irrelevant to the discussion because it's all contingent on him being good. The offensive line is old in 2 positions, and not in 3 others. Guys like that are replaceable. We already have TJ's replacement on the roster. Our D-Line is our weakpoint, and will be our next obvious upgrade. Our safeties are not great, but they are fine.

These 'old' players you speak of, are at the most easily replaceable positions. We could use a LG, a RT, and a DE. DE being the toughest. Our other big need is #2 CB.

I take my roster over yours, any day, and that's being completely objective.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The coach is a rookie, and is far from a buffoon. Sanchez is irrelevant to the discussion because it's all contingent on him being good. The offensive line is old in 2 positions, and not in 3 others. Guys like that are replaceable. We already have TJ's replacement on the roster. Our D-Line is our weakpoint, and will be our next obvious upgrade. Our safeties are not great, but they are fine.

These 'old' players you speak of, are at the most easily replaceable positions. We could use a LG, a RT, and a DE. DE being the toughest. Our other big need is #2 CB.

we already have that slauson kid......idk if he's gonna pan out but hopefully that's our repacement guard. if not.....we'll need to find some depth this offseason. you left out NT.....i thinkNt and DE are our 2 obvious needs. hopefully jenkinss will play one more year, but he can't be counted on to play every snap all year long...pouha is doing an ok job, but we need a real anchor at that position to take over for jenkins.

The hindsight is interesting to think about and I actually agree about the Orton and Sanchez comment. Well, maybe not 7-2, possibly 6-3, but a lot of teams are one player away from that record (for instance, the Dolphins are Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshal or even Braylon Edwards away from 6-3.)

What do you think the Jets would be with Jay Cutler?

Hard to say because of the big INT games.

I haven't really seen him play, because my schedule/life hasn't really allowed me to watch many non-Jets games this year. But, I've heard a lot of 'He has no WRs' talk. So, lets say that's 'half true'. I think he'd be better w/ Edwards/Cotch than what he's got. We would be better with Cutler right now, no doubt. I don't know what he would have led us to because he is so erratic.

The difference in our 'one player away' arguments are not at all the same. You're talking about adding elite talent to your team, which is rare to find. I'm talking about adding a player that is completely average. With an solid game, maybe we lose to New Orleans, and in Miami. I really don't see any other losses. The second game against you, we scored 3 point in the 1st half. Ginn's KRs would have been a non issue if the QB played 60 min of football. How different would Jacksonville be w/o those 2 picks?

we already have that slauson kid......idk if he's gonna pan out but hopefully that's our repacement guard. if not.....we'll need to find some depth this offseason. you left out NT.....i thinkNt and DE are our 2 obvious needs. hopefully jenkinss will play one more year, but he can't be counted on to play every snap all year long...pouha is doing an ok job, but we need a real anchor at that position to take over for jenkins.

Pouha is a fine #2 NT. I agree, we need another one, but unless one falls in our lap, I don't think this offseason is the year. Jenkins already had this surgery once, on the other leg, he's said he's coming back... I believe he will be.

Pouha is a fine #2 NT. I agree, we need another one, but unless one falls in our lap, I don't think this offseason is the year. Jenkins already had this surgery once, on the other leg, he's said he's coming back... I believe he will be.

there's that kid from alabama. terrence cody.if he's there for us in the first round i'd be surprised if ryan doesn't take him,

The hindsight is interesting to think about and I actually agree about the Orton and Sanchez comment. Well, maybe not 7-2, possibly 6-3, but a lot of teams are one player away from that record (for instance, the Dolphins are Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshal or even Braylon Edwards away from 6-3.)

What do you think the Jets would be with Jay Cutler?

0-9

This

100% agreed.

Cody (who went to my alma mater in Ft. Myers, FL BTW) likes to eat more than he likes to play, which is saying alot. Fat guys who like to be fat usually aren't consistent enough at the NFL level to be worthy of a high pick.

Jarmarcus Russell is the poster-child for this theory.

Cody (who went to my alma mater in Ft. Myers, FL BTW) likes to eat more than he likes to play, which is saying alot. Fat guys who like to be fat usually aren't consistent enough at the NFL level to be worthy of a high pick.

I'm not a college football guy. The extent of my knowledge of him is as the top NT prospect in the draft. If there are other problems, you'd know better than me.

i think i'll trust the guys who rank these guys more than i'll trust you. he's ranks just out of the top 10 overall for next years draft. him and that wootton kid at DE for our 2nd round pick.

i think i'll trust the guys who rank these guys more than i'll trust you. he's ranks just out of the top 10 overall for next years draft. him and that wootton kid at DE for our 2nd round pick.

I'm sure you trusted the guys who ranked Russell the #1 overall pick as well. Completely ignoring his piss-poor work ethic and lack of desire to do anything except eat everything in front of him ala Rex Ryan.

I'm not saying Cody isn't talented, he is. But there's a reason he's still only being rotated in at Alabama.

He's a little bit lesser version of a Chris Johnson....but makes up for that with his kick return abilities.

He's improved his running between the tackles this season too. Dude is a legit playmaker.

we're not drafting a rb......no way. we don't have enough draft picks to do that. we have to go NT, DE.......i'd be incredibly surprised if we don't get a DE and a NT.

He's a little bit lesser version of a Chris Johnson....but makes up for that with his kick return abilities.

He's improved his running between the tackles this season too. Dude is a legit playmaker.

I compare him to Steve Slaton, but faster although not as agile. I'm not sure how he'd be able to run between the tackles in the NFL, but his playmaking abilty would make up for it.

The more I think about it, he's Reggie Bush 2.0.

we're not drafting a rb......no way. we don't have enough draft picks to do that. we have to go NT, DE.......i'd be incredibly surprised if we don't get a DE and a NT.

Only way I would say we would go away from that strategy is if a Demarcus Ware type OLB is available. Other than that, agreed 100%. If we want to take this defense to the next step (from good in flashes to consistently great), the trenches need to improve and have depth.

Only way I would say we would go away from that strategy is if a Demarcus Ware type OLB is available. Other than that, agreed 100%. If we want to take this defense to the next step (from good in flashes to consistently great), the trenches need to improve and have depth.

looking at the ranknings...we'll probably be in position to get cody for a NT or that odrick kid for a DE.

Anyway, watching that game....the Panthers have to be the worst coached team in the league.

The fact that DeAngelo only got 13 carries was absurd. Everytime they got in the redzone they took him out and let Jake throw. If DeAngelo gets 20 touches last night, Carolina probably wins.

What does it say about the Jets that any objective observer knows they have more talent but they find new awesome ways to piss games away every week...

Anyway, watching that game....the Panthers have to be the worst coached team in the league.

The fact that DeAngelo only got 13 carries was absurd. Everytime they got in the redzone they took him out and let Jake throw. If DeAngelo gets 20 touches last night, Carolina probably wins.

lol.....dude averaged over 9 yds/carry. i dont know who their OC is...but i'd fire him immediately for not giving him at least 10 more carries.

lol.....dude averaged over 9 yds/carry. i dont know who their OC is...but i'd fire him immediately for not giving him at least 10 more carries.

I agree, even though he had a 50 yard run in there, why on Earth would a coach lean on Delhomme and not Williams who was running so hard? My only guess is Fox assumed Jake would be able to take advantage of our rookie corners.

Stupid fantasy football.

DeAngelo is an amazing running back and they dont give him the ball. Stewart- who's not nearly as good gets way too many carries. Also, letting Delhomme throw the ball all over the place is just plain dumb.

John Fox is a goner. They had no business losing that game last night.

What does it say about the Jets that any objective observer knows they have more talent but they find new awesome ways to piss games away every week...

It says that they're a sloppy team, with a rookie QB and a rookie HC.

None of which is necessarily permanent.

Who knows if it is or not... The Jets always find a way don't they though?

Yeah, but what happened is the past is mostly irrelevant.

The Jets have the opposite problem that they typically do. I see the team has a some high end talent but lacks depth and is missing some solid players. I'm used to seeing this team have a lot of solid role guys, but no one talented enough to make another team worry.

I honestly believe, you fill the holes, and this team will be competitive. That is, of course, if Sanchez can play at an above average level.

Yeah, but what happened is the past is mostly irrelevant.

The Jets have the opposite problem that they typically do. I see the team has a some high end talent but lacks depth and is missing some solid players. I'm used to seeing this team have a lot of solid role guys, but no one talented enough to make another team worry.

I honestly believe, you fill the holes, and this team will be competitive. That is, of course, if Sanchez can play at an above average level.

Jets do have some high level talent with the biggest problem being depth. Something that wasn't helped by drafting only 3 players in 2009 and won't be improving with the 3 picks they have left for 2010.

Jets do have some high level talent with the biggest problem being depth. Something that wasn't helped by drafting only 3 players in 2009 and won't be improving with the 3 picks they have left for 2010.

Meh, 3 players is fine. Would like 4, but beyond that, how often to 5-7 rounders make the team? We'll be ok.

Talk about twisting the facts and ignoring any positives to fit your argument (love how you ignore Revis, but mention the safeties that was a nice touch right there).

1) Offensive lineman have been known to continue to play at a high level into their late 30s before they start to decline. If the line doesn't play well, it will not be because of age.

2) Jones is old, but I would argue the exact same thing about both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. We have Shonn Greene to take the reigns in the future, who do you have.

3) Defensive line is the only part I agree with you on.

4) Time will tell on Ryan (something tells me that you'd be saying he was a buffoon even if the Jets were 8-1).

Would love to hear how Miami's future is bright though. Henne looks decent, but the running backs are old and what isn't old on the defense (Taylor, Porter, etc) is simply not that good.

Well when trying to make a poitn that your team is full of old good players and young mediocre ones, I should probably try to avoid the one guy that is neither, don't you think? Why would I say, "The Jets are old and not good, especially REVIS!"

The topic wasn't the Dolphins, it was the Jets. Therefore I weighed in.

that's because you're clueless. our offensive line is not old. there are 2 older players on it. we have a runningback waiting to take the reigns and he has already looked good in hius limited action. we have young, good receivers, young good tight end, good lionbackers, best corner is the league, our safeties are decent....they may not be big time play makers.......but you can't have probowlers at every position. if sanchez becomes whate he has the potential to become then we will have a good team for a long time. besides...look a your team, old or injury prone runningbacks, crap ilb'ers, old olb'ers, need a NT, need safeties also, no receivers, no tight end......if i were you i'd stick to worrying about your teams deficiencies.

Yeah, yeah. Talk to me about that in three years. You'll be wrong.

Archived