Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida

PS17

I don't know if this is relevant but Lou Holtz said that Meyer took the UF job instead of Notre Dame because at UF he could do all his recruiting locally instead of nationally and thus spend more time with his family. Maybe the guy knew he had something for a while. Just throwing that out there. Anyway, I wish him the best.

He's stepping down due to heart problems, and believe me that is some scary **** as I suffer from heart issues as well. Best of luck to Urban, I know how scary it can be, hopefully one day he can return because he is a great Collegiate coach.

He's stepping down due to heart problems, and believe me that is some scary **** as I suffer from heart issues as well. Best of luck to Urban, I know how scary it can be, hopefully one day he can return because he is a great Collegiate coach.

Sorry to hear that, Joe. I have a heart murmur, and almost every day my heart skips some beats. I got it checked out by the doctor though, and it's nothing major. Meyer's case seems to be from "stress buildup," what he's calling it.

Archived