Mark Sanchez holds the record...

serphnx

While we're talking record breakers...

-Shonn Greene has the 1st and 2nd all time longest rushes in Jets postseason history.

- Mark Sanchez is the 1st QB in Jets history to win a postseason game with 100 yds or less passing in at least 20 attempts

-The Jets are the 1st team since the merger to lead the league in rushing and overall defense with a rookie QB and Head Coach.

I know there are probably more...please list if you have any.

and also tied Pennington, Todd, Vinny and Namath for most wins by a Jets QB in the post season...

Lol.. this reminds me of when Penningtologists used to brag about Penny's 2 playoff wins being tied for lead in Jets history as if that was in anyway immpressive. In one season Sanchez has eclipsed Pennington's mark by winning 2 games and making the AFCC

(also vinny never won 2)

So either SFJ got the wrong stat info when he said there were only 4...Or he mis-understood the info and there are only 4 in Jets history to win 2 in the same season.

Namath, Pennington, Todd and Sanchez.. that's the only QB's with 2 playoff wins in jets history no matter what year. Todd, Namath and Sanchez did in the same year.. Pennington it took 4 tries..

Namath, Pennington, Todd and Sanchez.. that's the only QB's with 2 playoff wins in jets history no matter what year. Todd, Namath and Sanchez did in the same year.. Pennington it took 4 tries..

Okay then SFJ was REALLY mistaken. he posted a link saying O'Brien was the 4th in '82... But the link had Todd as the starter that season. Thats what confused me I guess.

Archived