Kendrell Bell to Chiefs

faba

KANSAS CITY AGREES TO TERMS WITH UFA LB KENDRELL BELL

Mar 08, 2005, 1:26:21 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Tuesday that the club has agreed to terms of a seven-year contract with unrestricted free agent LB Kendrell Bell. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

Bell is a great talent, but he pulled a John Abraham on the Steelers last year and sat out with a hang-nail to secure his free agent pay-day. Good luck to KC the first time this slouch gets a cramp in his leg. He may sit out the season.

Gainzo I see you beat me to the news on the Steelers thread I have to be quicker.

7 year contract is quite unusual.

No worries we will just use this thread then.

7 years is a long contract. That is NBA type length. No way he even sees 4 years of that. I wonder what kind of money? You can guarantee the deal is backloaded.

No worries we will just use this thread then.

7 years is a long contract. That is NBA type length. No way he even sees 4 years of that. I wonder what kind of money? You can guarantee the deal is backloaded.

The Chiefs are desperate and they know that Vermeil is gone after this season. They're going to start throwing around alot of back-loaded deals like this in exchange for trying to get to the Super Bowl next season. It wouldn't surprise me to see Law there next.

The Chiefs are desperate and they know that Vermeil is gone after this season. They're going to start throwing around alot of back-loaded deals like this in exchange for trying to get to the Super Bowl next season. It wouldn't surprise me to see Law there next.

If they do that then they will be the spitting-image of the Titans in a couple of seasons. They will be way over the Cap. The Chiefs are more than 2 big-name players away from being a force in the AFC.

Plus both Bell and Law are coming off of injuries.

I don't think Peterson cares. The Chiefs are a few years away from re-building anyway. Their entire offensive line is old, Trent Green is old, Priest Holmes is old, and Vermeil is leaving. IMO, they have to bet the farm now or it's over anyway.

Bell is a great talent, but he pulled a John Abraham on the Steelers last year and sat out with a hang-nail to secure his free agent pay-day. Good luck to KC the first time this slouch gets a cramp in his leg. He may sit out the season.
Didn't he just fail a physical?

Where is the front page post whore?

Yes, Smizz he did. The Giants claimed that he had arthritis in one of his shoulders.

Isn't Bell entering his fourth season?

He is relatively young then, and should be able to play at a high level.

I don't think it was a bad move, but Bell wasn't their first choice. These damn so called "experts" claim that teams have used the Jets as leverage in contract negotiations, but a bunch of players came in KC recently and bolted.

Samari Rolle, Dwight Smith, and Ed Hartwell were all targeted by KC, wined and dined, and had contract offers extended, only to leave and sign with other teams. Maybe they can see the writing on the wall, with KC showing serious age and decline on the team.

We get ridiculed about coaches leaving us etc, and no one mentions KC.

Typical.

Yes, Smizz he did. The Giants claimed that he had arthritis in one of his shoulders.

Isn't Bell entering his fourth season?

He is relatively young then, and should be able to play at a high level.

I don't think it was a bad move, but Bell wasn't their first choice. These damn so called "experts" claim that teams have used the Jets as leverage in contract negotiations, but a bunch of players came in KC recently and bolted.

Samari Rolle, Dwight Smith, and Ed Hartwell were all targeted by KC, wined and dined, and had contract offers extended, only to leave and sign with other teams. Maybe they can see the writing on the wall, with KC showing serious age and decline on the team.

We get ridiculed about coaches leaving us etc, and no one mentions KC.

Typical.

ESPN reported he failed a physical because o fhis grion.

That makes more sense, Smizzy, because that was the injury that affected him the whole season.

I read about his shoulder somewhere, not sure where, though. It might have been from the National Enquirer of sports, Profootballtalk.com, but if I find it, I'll post.

ESPN reported he failed a physical because o fhis grion.

He has had groin problems the past 3 years. He gutted out 2 playoff games back in 2002 while limping noticeably. I'll never forget the amazing comeback win over the Browns in the PO's that year, Bell seemed to be in on every tackle and looked like he could barely walk.

He has had groin problems the past 3 years. He gutted out 2 playoff games back in 2002 while limping noticeably. I'll never forget the amazing comeback win over the Browns in the PO's that year, Bell seemed to be in on every tackle and looked like he could barely walk.

Here goes....

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/11076853.htm

Bell thought he had a blockbuster deal with the New York Giants, but the deal fell apart at the last minute. Word is the Giants got scared off when their doctors discovered arthritis in Bell's shoulders. You can find arthritis in the joints and muscles of just about every NFL player if you look hard enough. Bell passed his physical in KC.

Here goes....

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/11076853.htm

Bell thought he had a blockbuster deal with the New York Giants, but the deal fell apart at the last minute. Word is the Giants got scared off when their doctors discovered arthritis in Bell's shoulders. You can find arthritis in the joints and muscles of just about every NFL player if you look hard enough. Bell passed his physical in KC.

Thats the first i have heard about an arthritus problem. I guess they do a very thorough job with those physicals. I would've much preferred he play in the NFC too.

Makes me fell bad about my doctor....all he does is grab my nuts and tell me to cough. These guys get put up on a lift and probed for hours.

Archived