Uh Oh - Here Come The Red Wings

The Gun Of Bavaria

Very true. They look healthy and good right now. Howard is proving to be legit, much to Elroy's dismay. No need for him to get involved the other night though. Can the hockey world live to stand to see Pens/Wings part Trois? Lord knows the Crapitals will choke.

They're definitely developing quite a rivalry, which I think is great for the game. Once again, another tragic shortcoming of the NHL schedule, in which inter-conference games are not a priority or the norm. As for Howard the other night, the only thing I can think is that the Pens had pulled their goalie, giving them a 6th player in the scrum....but you and I both know that was young Jimmy getting some respect from his team. Of course I'm biased so I sort of liked it.

You know the Caps will choke. I'd bet the house on it. Wings vs. Pens..again. Man o Man. The only negative I could think about it would be having to be back in uniform and stuck downtown, babysitting all the people while they watch the any potential clinching game like the last 2 years.

Very true. They look healthy and good right now. Howard is proving to be legit, much to Elroy's dismay. No need for him to get involved the other night though. Can the hockey world live to stand to see Pens/Wings part Trois? Lord knows the Crapitals will choke.

They're definitely developing quite a rivalry, which I think is great for the game. Once again, another tragic shortcoming of the NHL schedule, in which inter-conference games are not a priority or the norm. As for Howard the other night, the only thing I can think is that the Pens had pulled their goalie, giving them a 6th player in the scrum....but you and I both know that was young Jimmy getting some respect from his team. Of course I'm biased so I sort of liked it.

You know the Caps will choke. I'd bet the house on it. Wings vs. Pens..again. Man o Man. The only negative I could think about it would be having to be back in uniform and stuck downtown, babysitting all the people while they watch the any potential clinching game like the last 2 years.

I never doubted they would make the playoffs, but I think the stretch run will take a lot out of them, and I don't think they will get to the Finals.

But obviously if you're San Jose, you're not interested in facing Detroit in the first round. I mean, a team that has developed a nice history now of losing early as a high seed, vs. a very experienced and talented team that is known for making deep playoff runs?

I never doubted they would make the playoffs, but I think the stretch run will take a lot out of them, and I don't think they will get to the Finals.

But obviously if you're San Jose, you're not interested in facing Detroit in the first round. I mean, a team that has developed a nice history now of losing early as a high seed, vs. a very experienced and talented team that is known for making deep playoff runs?

I agree bro. They're not going to make the finals. With the amount of injuries they had this year, making the playoffs and even the 2nd round would be an accomplishment.

I agree bro. They're not going to make the finals. With the amount of injuries they had this year, making the playoffs and even the 2nd round would be an accomplishment.

Haven't watched much Western COnference.

The East has been reduced to whether Brodeur and the Devils can regain form long enough to knock off either the Pens or Caps on their way to Mike Milbury calling Ovie a ***** on NBC during the Conference Finals.

Don't see it. Devs have been too up and down to prevent either of the premiere Eastern teams from getting that far. And without a doubt that will be a great conference final.

Caps G situation makes them a longshot.

And half expect Ovie to do a Nikolai Volkoff WWF beat down on Milbury between periods SOMEDAY SOON. "YOu trade Luongo and Chara for box of magic beans-FOOLISH MAN!you know NOTHING ABOUT NHL HOCKEY!"

How about those Islanders....

they just got there ass handed to by the rangers last night, but the wings are sparking at the right time and it would be favorable if the wings face the sharks since they know how to choke, ask the Ducks

Detroit wins an 11 round shootout

Scoreless game, and only three goals in the full 11 rounds of the shootout.

Kronwall scored and then Howard stopped the Nashville player.

Longest shootout in Red Wings history.

They're now 10-1-1 in their last 12, and they have a playoff spot about locked up now.

Detroit wins an 11 round shootout

Scoreless game, and only three goals in the full 11 rounds of the shootout.

Kronwall scored and then Howard stopped the Nashville player.

Longest shootout in Red Wings history.

They're now 10-1-1 in their last 12, and they have a playoff spot about locked up now.

It was a crazy crazy game. Nashville's goalie was sharp along with Howard.

Shockingly the bottom of the east is so awful that the Flyers, Bruins and Thrashers are doing everything in their power to cede the right to get spanked by the Pens in the 1st round to the Rangers. Rangers finish up with a home and home vs. the Flyers, who are still #7 but cannot beat anyone right now. Bizarre as per a neighbor who has season tickets-Rangers have gone on something of a tear getting 5 of 6 possible points over the last week, which coincided with the Dolan gang sending out playoff invoice deadline requests. Rumor among season tickholders is Dolan promised the coaches and players something big if they could pull it together long enough to get season ticketholders to write the checks. Dolan is such a greedy eff that he has billed thse people for 4 games in each of the 1st 2 rounds, while the Rangers can only finish #7 at best, so practically very unlikley they could get 4 home games in any series. Big difference this year as to past years-NO ONE is under any illusions that this team has a shot vs. anyone in a 7 game series. Even if the King steals a game, playoffs would be a total waste. In fact Rangers are 1-7 in OT.

Archived