Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

Not to much development since I've left other than princessX showing her face. Which actually has me in a bind because those posts were very similar to how I'm feeling after going back and rereading for a bit here tonight...and she's been one of my favs for a while. Still have a strong feeling she was an early scum, but those last couple of posts are making me second guess.

CTM - It sucks that we are in the situation with him. I really wish JVOR never shared that information with us, but I believe it. Otherwise this game would be jacked. That said, its always dangerous to have the ball in CTM's court mostly because he's a complete jackass dbag prick, but also because he like's to have balls on his court.

JVOR - As much as I'd like to ring his neck and kick his teeth in, I think we need to keep him around. If CTM has this power, he's probably been protecting in that direction. Even if he hasnt, if I was a Thing, I might not take the chance of going after JVOR knowing he's most likely to be protected by CTM. Therefore, I feel he's clean and another sneaky prick with a ball on his chin.

Pac - An experienced player who is using silly logic right now. I'm actually baffled at some of the elements that he's ignoring even when told directly. Pac likes to call people's bluff, and with his arrogance can be very bad for the town. This is one of those occasions. And I think he's a top notch conversion candidate because he has the ability to lead in turd fashion. Or is confidence taking over thinking as scum he can take down a town power role.

I28 - If I'm scum, I'm not targeting him because I'm pretty confident I could get him lynched. His Pac like attitude is concerning but he's been on the right side. This doesnt mean he's been targeted or he wasnt a thing since day 1. My hunch is he definitely wasnt the later, but a potential conversion since he led the Sharrow charge. Really tough to try and figure out who's been converted.

Vic - A bored Chilean Seabass roleless townie to begin with, I'm pretty sure about this because we a suckers for Asian persuasion But really it was his defense, he just seemed indifferent. However, he's good at this game and every time he says he's not it makes me think he's got an agenda.

Dr. Crushlove - Has a lot on his plate, pun intended, and he's the essence of my soul. I'm interested to see what he say because his most recent posts seemed like the scum hunter I fell for years ago. Pretty sure he was townie early and somebody an experienced mafia might want on his side because he's been squeaky clean since.

BG - I use to fear BG but after watching CTM use him like Klecko uses BBQ sauce on his ribs, I fear no more. I have absolute no read on him whatsoever though. But the fact that he was once a feared opponent and that he is an intelligent player, makes me think he might have been a recent high percentage conversion.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTM - It sucks that we are in the situation with him. I really wish JVOR never shared that information with us, but I believe it. Otherwise this game would be jacked. That said, its always dangerous to have the ball in CTM's court mostly because he's a complete jackass dbag prick, but also because he like's to have balls on his court.

I imagine our mod can't wait to see you all lynch me based on past mafia crimes :D

and luvU2 fatnip..:hipp:

The more I think about it, the scum's conversion percentage can't be just pure luck. I'm wondering if the scum team is willing to forgo the opportunity to take roled players for the guarantee involved in going after the roleless? Which is why I'm starting to think those who previously revealed as roleless may be the higher likelihood of converted, particularly those better / more experienced players. Which brings me back to my prior case from Crusher. While I feel for his situation, I've realized I can't let that affect my decision-making and between my prior concerns about him and my feelings that he would be a likely conversion target, that's the one I'm going for now.

Vote: Crusher

In regards to the other discussions going on. I still see little incentive to start going after our supposed power roles because one thing should be clear at this point, we must have a whole bunch of them just for us to stand a chance in this thing. That said, CTM and JVOR aren't getting my vote today. Regarding the other people in that little circle, Pac is peaking my interesting, but I'm not ready to go in that direction and I think I28 has fallen into the trap of putting too much emphasis on the things in the game specifically involving him (e.g., being convinced that the voting on him was some vast conspiracy).

I have my eye on a few people around here that have caught my attention who I think might fit the profile of conversions, but considering I feel like Crusher is a good possibility for both original scum and if not, potential conversion, he's my favorite for the moment.

I can't see how 1 of Crusher/Jif haven't been converted yet..

I'm willing to vote crusher at this point since nobody is buying case on Pac..

Going back and reading again something is sticking out...

Sharrow never really tried hard to defend himself. Except when I28 was putting pressure on him and trying to tie him to Pac. Sharrow's only true effort to defend, he really went out of his way to distance himself from Pac...and Pac didnt touch it. Pac and his play just doesnt sit well with me...not at all...he knows better than to take out JVOR yesterday...it made no sense.

Vote Pac

Going back and reading again something is sticking out...

Sharrow never really tried hard to defend himself. Except when I28 was putting pressure on him and trying to tie him to Pac. Sharrow's only true effort to defend, he really went out of his way to distance himself from Pac...and Pac didnt touch it. Pac and his play just doesnt sit well with me...not at all...he knows better than to take out JVOR yesterday...it made no sense.

Vote Pac

I may have to visit you again tonight :D

I won't be online much the rest of the night, if at all.

I came into day 3 and started with a case against CTM, BEFORE the assimilation mind you. I've already hammered away at Pac, so I wanted to see if I could get answers from CTM. I figured if he was scum, he'd have squirmed more and led us on some excuse filled ride... but he didn't, instead he was just a dick - which leaves me scratching my head still. I don't totally trust him, but I felt with the clues I pulled out of yesterdays exchange with JVOR, that it was worth pursuing. I have since removed my vote on CTM.

That said, I don't trust CTM enough yet to join his train on Pac. Seems too perfect for him... like by hammering last night, it was perfectly set up for him. I need to see other people's thoughts on Pac before I consider voting him now... I already know my case on Pac. Its time for some of these lurkers to come up with their own (not going to say any names, Vicious. :P)

Anyway, I assumed someone else would start a train on Pac, and I could monitor that one as well. Everyone keeps discrediting me because I am pushing the same cases over and over... this allowed me to change it up, and truthfully I think/thought I might be on to something with CTM.

Frankly, I don't see the harm in pressuring CTM for some answers, and I have been nagged all game about how I should be spreading my suspicion around and not zeroing in on 1 guy... but it seems every time I do that, I get contradictions from you people for kicking the tires on new possible scum.

As for Pac, I still have FOS for him... but at the same time, he plays like a jackass, and his trainwreck style of play has not wavered much. I would bounce my vote onto him in a heartbeat, but I think more value can come from pressuring others first.

I truly think that between JVOR and CTM something just isn't right.

Anyway, thats all I've got.

More thoughts about what I've missed. I'm pretty much in disbelief over the daytime assimilation. I'm with Bleedin that it seems a bit skewed to have lynched scum yesterday, shot one last night, and now our numbers are worse than ever.

I'm inclined to think that with two assimilations, JVoR would have been one of them ... but CTM, who apparently has some special abilities, seems fairly certain that lynching JVoR today is a bad idea. So it might be best to follow his lead for one more day, hoping that this game isn't completely unbalanced and that CTM knows something we don't.

Hearing JVoR's results about Vicious doing nothing last night makes me (reluctantly) less suspicious of him. I can see CTM's logic on Pac as he was the only other person unwilling to vote Sharrow last night. I'm going to read/think some more before voting.

Thats scary. Brings back memories of his Shakespere. Personally whether scum or town following CTM is usually not a good idea. To be clear I dont get a scum read, but I never get a town read. Ctm always seems solo win to me.

Also my schedule during the week is:

- leave work 3:15

- gym for 1-1.5 hours

- get home round 5

- wife and kid get home around 5:15

- cook dinner, hang out with my son, put him to bed at 7:45

- log on.

I think if you look at my posts the timing is consistent.

Your attention to detail is sexy.

Im looking at Danx and Im in a quandry. Vic is 100% on with her gameplay regardless of what she says. She has jumped in and out of the game planting seeds and moving on. Seems off to me. Not sure if scummy but awfully close. She's flexing her feminine mystique and seems to be wrestling CTM for the lead of the town. Calmly too, almost like their sharing it.

Im still in the process of looking at everyone else.

Well I don't plan on sitting here all night and CTM has sufficiently irritated me enough... good move chooch you outed the Doc.

I can't get into specifics but all I can say is it's not a conventional role in how the protections work. That's how I know CTM is full of crap and why he's finally got me realllly questioning his alliance. I thought he was one thing but the way he's trying to come off as the Doc is crap.. now I wonder if the good role I thought he was crap and he may be scum after all. Makes sense with the way JiF keeps bragging about how he's untouchable.

Great job CTM... thanks for nothing.

Well I don't plan on sitting here all night and CTM has sufficiently irritated me enough... good move chooch you outed the Doc.

I can't get into specifics but all I can say is it's not a conventional role in how the protections work. That's how I know CTM is full of crap and why he's finally got me realllly questioning his alliance. I thought he was one thing but the way he's trying to come off as the Doc is crap.. now I wonder if the good role I thought he was crap and he may be scum after all. Makes sense with the way JiF keeps bragging about how he's untouchable.

Doc two games in a row huh?

Good for you.

Why did you want to lynch power roles as soon as exposed then? This is what you've been saying since day 1

Doc two games in a row huh?

Good for you.

Why did you want to lynch power roles as soon as exposed then? This is what you've been saying since day 1

All I can say is that protections aren't as cut and dry as you might think and JVOR was on his own...

Again... I along with DanX, Jif, I28, and BG I believe all voiced similar reasons for lynching JVOR.

I'm not worried about myself tonight but after that who knows... like I said. Thanks for nothing.

All I can say is that protections aren't as cut and dry as you might think and JVOR was on his own...

Again... I along with DanX, Jif, I28, and BG I believe all voiced similar reasons for lynching JVOR.

I'm not worried about myself tonight but after that who knows... like I said. Thanks for nothing.

This has all the enthusiasm of slats claim last time.. lol

This has all the enthusiasm of slats claim last time.. lol

I'm tired and the thought of having to defend myself against your bogus case the next 3 hours was unacceptable.

Sorry I didn't spend 45 minutes crafting a nicer email for you but the point got across. Unless you want to tell me I'm full of crap and say you're the doc in which case it goes from suspicion about you to a guarantee you're scum.

You are going to have to elaborate for me to buy this malarkey.

Thats scary. Brings back memories of his Shakespere. Personally whether scum or town following CTM is usually not a good idea. To be clear I dont get a scum read, but I never get a town read. Ctm always seems solo win to me.

So you're saying you think CTM is an SK or survivor?

Your attention to detail is sexy.

Im looking at Danx and Im in a quandry. Vic is 100% on with her gameplay regardless of what she says. She has jumped in and out of the game planting seeds and moving on. Seems off to me. Not sure if scummy but awfully close. She's flexing her feminine mystique and seems to be wrestling CTM for the lead of the town. Calmly too, almost like their sharing it.

Im still in the process of looking at everyone else.

I don't know what it means to flex my feminine mystique, but it sounds cool and I'd like to keep doing it. :P Can you elaborate on how I've been wrestling CTM for the lead of the town? I did make a push for the AVM lynch, but aside from that I don't see too many people around here following my lead. Haha, you've got Vicious upset I'm not around enough and JiF referring to me as "princess" (shudder).

I may have to visit you again tonight :D

No need. I'm a bad ass mofo.

So... JVOR, CTM, JIF and Pac are all roled? Anyone else?

I don't ****ing think so.

No idea where to go now... you are all full of **** if you ask me.

Okay, now I am really getting off the computer for the night.

Interesting. If protections aren't as cut and dry as they seem, though, is it possible that both you and CTM have some sort of protective abilities??

in regards to this, i really don't know what to think as i truly think the town has to be powerful enough to stave of 3 conversions in the first 2 days.. That could mean multiple roles that are protective/unconverting or similiar.

I'm also going to unvote and hope an investigator, if present looks at pac or I tonight..

You are going to have to elaborate for me to buy this malarkey.

Not rocket science dude... There are various protects with limitations - can't get into it all per SMC.

You keep bragging about how you're untouchable and just assumed CTM came to protect you.. that ain't what he did. I was thinking it was one thing (not that hard to figure out what a town power role would do) but given his actions today I wonder if they were more sinister.

I'm tired and the thought of having to defend myself against your bogus case the next 3 hours was unacceptable.

Sorry I didn't spend 45 minutes crafting a nicer email for you but the point got across. Unless you want to tell me I'm full of crap and say you're the doc in which case it goes from suspicion about you to a guarantee you're scum.

And like i said, i'm not saying **** about what my abilities are, other then to say I am town and I do have them. If you are town i suggest you do the same..

This is doodoo. CTM didnt have a choice but to reveal. JVOR outed him. I'm inclinded to believe him because I didnt get converted and he visited me.

Unless JVOR and CTM are taking me for a ride. Which would one of the more insane elaborate early fake reveal set ups in the history of the game and no offense to either, I'm not sure they are capable of such a thing.

This is doodoo. CTM didnt have a choice but to reveal. JVOR outed him. I'm inclinded to believe him because I didnt get converted and he visited me.

Unless JVOR and CTM are taking me for a ride. Which would one of the more insane elaborate early fake reveal set ups in the history of the game and no offense to either, I'm not sure they are capable of such a thing.

You want to lynch a claimed Doc LOL.. Go for it... let the cluster **ck this game has become reach it's pathetic conclusion that way... You'll deserve it.

You want to lynch a claimed Doc LOL.. Go for it... let the cluster **ck this game has become reach it's pathetic conclusion that way... You'll deserve it.

man baby..

and just shut up about limitations if you really are town

vote Crusher

Archived