was 2008 manginis last year as our coach

ylekram

regargless if we made the playoffs or not?just a theory of mine.it seemed to be general knowledge that mangini was the one that lobbied for tanny to take the ghost with the 6th pick.it was pretty clear that the ghost was a bust from day 1 in jets camp.do you think firing mangini was pre determined for blowing the 6th overall pick?or do i have too much time on my hands to think of this silly stuff?

regargless if we made the playoffs or not?just a theory of mine.it seemed to be general knowledge that mangini was the one that lobbied for tanny to take the ghost with the 6th pick.it was pretty clear that the ghost was a bust from day 1 in jets camp.do you think firing mangini was pre determined for blowing the 6th overall pick?or do i have too much time on my hands to think of this silly stuff?

That Gholston is on Mangini because Gholston hasn't done anything and Mangini is gone isn't 'general knowledge.' It's wishful thinking.

Around the end of that season I thought I saw a change in Mangini's demeanor, he suddenly seemed to be an even bigger horse's ass than usual. I always got the feeling that he had been told at some point that either he makes the playoffs or he's out. Of course Woody and Tanny deny this and say the decision to fire him was made after the last game of the season. But it seems strange to me that they made such a big decision in just a few hours. And Mangini was in the third year of his four year contract and there was no talk of him getting an extension. I think that Woody realized he got suckered early on.

Archived