2011 Draft - DE Allen Bailey

jetscanes331

Allen Bailey is a true freak of nature. One of the strongest players to ever play for UM. If this guy has a productive season and add in the fact he will blow away people with his measurables at the combine, he will be a 1st round pick.

He's already ranked as the top DE in the draft.. and he hasn't even reached his potential yet. They moved him around from inside to outisde and all over the line... and the Hurricanes have always had a D-Line by committee approach. His stats are going to go wild this year with a real D line coach and everyone healthy this year playing with him.

I'd expect a top 10 pick barring something catastrophic.

Plus he'll get a lot of attention when the canes win the Nat'l championship! :D

He's already ranked as the top DE in the draft.. and he hasn't even reached his potential yet. They moved him around from inside to outisde and all over the line... and the Hurricanes have always had a D-Line by committee approach. His stats are going to go wild this year with a real D line coach and everyone healthy this year playing with him.

I'd expect a top 10 pick barring something catastrophic.

Plus he'll get a lot of attention when the canes win the Nat'l championship! :D

This team is as loaded as its been in a long time. 2 things scare me though. Another very tough schedule to open up the year and the secondary. Ray Ray and VT need to step up and become playmakers in our secondary. I feel good about Brandon Harris, but we need DVD and a guy like McGee to become players this year. If that happens, forget about it, national championship! Our Wideouts are sick, DL hasn't been this deep since 2001-03.

I kind of doubt they go in that direction as it doesn't seem to be a premium position, but if you want a 5-technique there are plenty in this draft. Right now along with Bailey first round possibilities include (but are not limited to):

2dc1ded6-116a-551b-8021-434d5e070a43.image.jpg

doc4b4429391239a239274208.jpg

610x.jpg

resized_marcel_kareem_ap_chriscarlson.jpg

It's looking like a GREAT year to have a need at the position...then again I thought the same thing last year around this time as well.

This team is as loaded as its been in a long time. 2 things scare me though. Another very tough schedule to open up the year and the secondary. Ray Ray and VT need to step up and become playmakers in our secondary. I feel good about Brandon Harris, but we need DVD and a guy like McGee to become players this year. If that happens, forget about it, national championship! Our Wideouts are sick, DL hasn't been this deep since 2001-03.

Honestly, the only position on the field that concerns me is MLB, Sharpton was a solid player who really came into his own at the end of the season.. but they didn't have a solid backup ready for him this year.

I firmly believe that Ray Ray is going to be the next hall of fame safety from Miami, and we're really gonna start to see it this year. Randy Phillips was a decent player back there but these guys are in a different league.

Linebackers & D-Line are stacked as you said. Spence, Vernon, McCarthy, Bailey, Ojomo, Porter, Forston. Gonna spend A LOT of time in the opponents backfield.

RB's are stacked, Damien Berry + Storm Johnson + Mike James = The best backfield in the ACC.

Wideouts with Hank, Benjamin, Byrd and Aldarius might be the best 4 wideout combo in the country.

IF Jacorry matures a little bit and doesn't throw those ghastly turnovers or fork up fumbles this team has the makings of something special.. and most of the talent is still young!

At the very least the U will crack the first round of the draft on a regular basis again.. Larry Coker screwed us bad.

Archived