Lena Horne

DMaynard

You're damn right.

My Daddy loved her. I still have some of her 78s (damn records weigh like 3,00o pounds, and I don't have anything to play them on right now). She was something, went through a lot of hateful crap. I was truly sad when I heard.

You're damn right.

My Daddy loved her. I still have some of her 78s (damn records weigh like 3,00o pounds, and I don't have anything to play them on right now). She was something, went through a lot of hateful crap. I was truly sad when I heard.

totally agree about the hateful stuff. my parents have the same 78's also.. along with a ton of Paul Robeson's too. :)

Lena was also beyond beautiful.. and she had moxy.. it seemed as though she didnt take crap either...

dont know why, there's no sun up in the sky... stormy weather..

totally agree about the hateful stuff. my parents have the same 78's also.. along with a ton of Paul Robeson's too. :)

Lena was also beyond beautiful.. and she had moxy.. it seemed as though she didnt take crap either...

Fred and I agree. RIP

hqdefault.jpg

Paul Robeson was awesome, and excellent call. One of my idols. While I'd never agree with him politically, I am in total sympathy from whence it came. A true Renaissance Man, it completely befuddles me how many young black men don't even know who he is.

One of my favorite photos of him:

paul_robeson_nude.jpg

The Peekskill riots, know thy history. A bad day for America. He was a way wicked Commie, but he also fought against the ugliest things ever.

Archived