Top 5 Reason's The New York Jets Will Win The Super Bowl

SoFlaJets

(Usually something like this should have been in fg's news thread but I thought it deserved it's own thread-you know to antagonize the rival fans here-SFJ)

by Brandon Dowling (The Bleacher Report)

Written on May 22, 2010

Let's take a look at the top 5 reasons the New York Jets will win the Super Bowl

5. The Addition of LaDainian Tomlinson and Santonio Holmes.

The New York Jets last year had the best running game in the NFL. Now in my opinion losing Thomas Jones does hurt them. But I believe that adding LT cushions the blow on losing Thomas Jones.

But has LT has lost his luster?

LT is going to a team with one of the best offensive lines in football which will help him tremendously. I believe LT will have one good year to help the Jets reach their goal.

Now what about Santonio Holmes?

Holmes will be suspended for the first 4 games of this regular season due to a run in with the law. But when Holmes comes back it will be a huge addition to the New York Jets offense. Having Holmes also helps guys like Jericho Cotchery, Braylon Edwards, and also Dustin Keller. This giving Mark Sanchez a-lot of weapons to choose from plus the league

L.T. is not an upgrade, not even as a 2nd back. He's an over the hill back who's lost his explosiveness, has a penchant for dissapearing in the playoffs, and hasnt run hard for at least two years. Last year he wouldve been the Jets 4th RB, this year he'll be the 2nd. Just hope Shonn Green stays healthy.

4. Rex Ryan being the Head Coach of the New York Jets

Kudos to Ryan for getting his team to the AFCCG but c'mon, its one thing to exude confidence in the face of skepticism, thats defending your team. But brash talk when youre already a favorite can backfire. In the end, all that matters is wins, if you win, youre confident, if you lose youre ****y and arrogant. The key will be fitting the new personalities together, both in the locker room and on the field.

3. The Addition of CB's Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie to the Defense.

Cromartie hasnt played at a high level since 2007, which is the year that Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips were terrorizing opposing QBs all year long. When Merriman's been out/suspended/not-domiant, Cromarties game has suffered as well. Perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him. He's a young, athletically gifted guy, who could thrive in the Jets system with all the pressure that they generate. Or, he could wilt under the pressure of being across from Revis. Anyone playing opposite #24 is going to be attacked relentlessly. Lito Sheppard was another ex pro bowler turned under achiever and he couldnt handle it. The Gator didnt pan out, maybe the Seminole will, but its hardly casuse for Super Bowl talk. I think Wilson was the best corner in the draft, but like any rookie, he's gotta go on the field and perform. Like Cro, he'll have a target on his back so he'd better hit the ground running. No more games against Idaho son, this here is the big leagues.

2. Shonn Greene

This one's plain silly. Shonn Green went from 3rd string to 1st and thats a good thing? LMAO. Green came out of the bullpen fresh late in the year, and he performed well. But carrying the load for a full season is a totally different animal. Sure his numbers will improve, but with no dependable back up, Greene will have alot of wear and tear and with his hyper agressive running style, I'd be worried about injury and/or loss of effectiveness come playoff time.

1. Mark Sanchez will be all grown up

Sanchez' stats improved once the coaches simplified his game plans and gave him one side of the field to read. Thats not exactly the kind of improvement you want, but its hard to argue with the results. Without Jones and Washington, Sanchez will have to do more in the passing game to keep Greene fresh. He'll certainly have some quality targets to throw to, the question will be whether his reading/anticipation and decision making skills have improved enough to take advantage of the talent around him.

My Record Prediction: 12-4 and a Super Bowl title

NY was 1-3 vs the Pats and Dolphins, 2-4 in the division, and 7-7 overall before the Colts and Bengals laid down for them. Yes they added a few new pieces, but the talent they lost was even greater, especially on offense. The Dolphins and Patriots have both made key additions, and the Jets wont be sneaking up on anyone this year. 12-4 and Super Bowl? Possible, but I dont see it.

L.T. is not an upgrade, not even as a 2nd back. He's an over the hill back who's lost his explosiveness, has a penchant for dissapearing in the playoffs, and hasnt run hard for at least two years. Last year he wouldve been the Jets 4th RB, this year he'll be the 2nd. Just hope Shonn Green stays healthy.

4. Rex Ryan being the Head Coach of the New York Jets

Kudos to Ryan for getting his team to the AFCCG but c'mon, its one thing to exude confidence in the face of skepticism, thats defending your team. But brash talk when youre already a favorite can backfire. In the end, all that matters is wins, if you win, youre confident, if you lose youre ****y and arrogant. The key will be fitting the new personalities together, both in the locker room and on the field.

3. The Addition of CB's Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie to the Defense.

Cromartie hasnt played at a high level since 2007, which is the year that Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips were terrorizing opposing QBs all year long. When Merriman's been out/suspended/not-domiant, Cromarties game has suffered as well. Perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him. He's a young, athletically gifted guy, who could thrive in the Jets system with all the pressure that they generate. Or, he could wilt under the pressure of being across from Revis. Anyone playing opposite #24 is going to be attacked relentlessly. Lito Sheppard was another ex pro bowler turned under achiever and he couldnt handle it. The Gator didnt pan out, maybe the Seminole will, but its hardly casuse for Super Bowl talk. I think Wilson was the best corner in the draft, but like any rookie, he's gotta go on the field and perform. Like Cro, he'll have a target on his back so he'd better hit the ground running. No more games against Idaho son, this here is the big leagues.

2. Shonn Greene

This one's plain silly. Shonn Green went from 3rd string to 1st and thats a good thing? LMAO. Green came out of the bullpen fresh late in the year, and he performed well. But carrying the load for a full season is a totally different animal. Sure his numbers will improve, but with no dependable back up, Greene will have alot of wear and tear and with his hyper agressive running style, I'd be worried about injury and/or loss of effectiveness come playoff time.

1. Mark Sanchez will be all grown up

Sanchez' stats improved once the coaches simplified his game plans and gave him one side of the field to read. Thats not exactly the kind of improvement you want, but its hard to argue with the results. Without Jones and Washington, Sanchez will have to do more in the passing game to keep Greene fresh. He'll certainly have some quality targets to throw to, the question will be whether his reading/anticipation and decision making skills have improved enough to take advantage of the talent around him.

My Record Prediction: 12-4 and a Super Bowl title

NY was 1-3 vs the Pats and Dolphins, 2-4 in the division, and 7-7 overall before the Colts and Bengals laid down for them. Yes they added a few new pieces, but the talent they lost was even greater, especially on offense. The Dolphins and Patriots have both made key additions, and the Jets wont be sneaking up on anyone this year. 12-4 and Super Bowl? Possible, but I dont see it.

PAFO

First of all, you're a f***, dude, a real f***. Go f*** yourself.

Now, to refute all your points:

First off, the Jets drafted Joe McKnight with the thought in mind that LT is "over the hill", in the same round where they had gotten Leon Washington. Secondly, LT is a year YOUNGER than Thomas Jones, and brings something to the table that Jones couldn't; catching balls out of the backfield. Finally, if LT is so done, why were the Vikings a finalist to get him as Adrian Peterson's primary backup?

Ryan has been brash his whole career, and guess what, the last two teams he's been part of made the AFC Title games with rookie QB's at the helm, with most of the credit being the defense that he runs. If anyone can bring a motley crew of players together and win, its Rex.

Cromartie hasn't been playing well since 2007 largely because he's been asked to play primarily zone when his skill set dictates that he be a pure man-to-man cover guy. Comparing him to an over-the-hill Lito Sheppard is ludicrous. Funny how you call Wilson the "best CB in the draft", and in the same breath say this is the "big leagues". Boise State is an elite program and Wilson was an elite CB, period. And as the nickle corner, he's hardly going to have a "target on his back".

The Jets made CLEAR upgrades in the secondary and are now free to blitz the hell out of opposing teams without much fear of getting burned.

As you know, the Jets brought in LT and McKnight so Greene won't have to carry the whole load. And as far as him going from 3rd to 1st being a good thing, it absolutely is! The man rushed for the 2nd most yards in his 1st 2 playoff games in NFL history, and with the amount of turnover that takes place every year at the RB position, he's shown he has the potential to be a special player. Not to mention, the Jets have the best OL and OL coach in the NFL to help him out.

Jones is toast, Leon has not shown he can move laterally yet, and the Jets have plenty of ways to keep Greene fresh. Having lots of talent to take advantage of is a great problem to have.

Did the Bengals lay down for the Jets in BOTH week 17 and the Wild Card round? Did the Chargers do the same?

Tell me, how the hell is the talent the Jets lost GREATER than the talent they brought in? Alan Faneca allowed the most sacks in the league, Washington is 28 and no one knows if he'll ever recover the quickness he once had, and 32-year old Jones showed he was done in the AFC Title game against Indy.

And tell me, what did the Pats add that could be called "key additions"? Enjoy Brandon "busted hips" Marshall and his winner attitude, buddy. I give him until July until he gets in trouble in Miami.

The Jets 2-4 record in the AFC East was an anomaly, which will reverse itself in 2010. 4-2 or better.

First of all, you're a f***, dude, a real f***. Go f*** yourself.

Cowards run rampant on the net these days. Talkin smack they'd never say to someone's face. Sticks and stones my friend...

First off, the Jets drafted Joe McKnight with the thought in mind that LT is "over the hill", in the same round where they had gotten Leon Washington. Secondly, LT is a year YOUNGER than Thomas Jones, and brings something to the table that Jones couldn't; catching balls out of the backfield. Finally, if LT is so done, why were the Vikings a finalist to get him as Adrian Peterson's primary backup?

Joe McKnight is nowhere near as good as Leon Washington. Its an insult to Lwash to even use theyre names in the same sentence. The Vikings were interested in L.T., so what? Watch the film, watch him play. He's done. He's a decent pass catcher, but he stinks between the tackles and he doesnt pick up blitzes well. You'll see.

Ryan has been brash his whole career, and guess what, the last two teams he's been part of made the AFC Title games with rookie QB's at the helm, with most of the credit being the defense that he runs. If anyone can bring a motley crew of players together and win, its Rex.

Jeez. Guy has one 9-7 season and you wanna grab the anointing oil. The Ravens dont go around signing a bunch of free agents, trading for questionable character guys and getting rid of thier locker room leaders. I agree he's a good coach, but dont get carried away.

Cromartie hasn't been playing well since 2007 largely because he's been asked to play primarily zone when his skill set dictates that he be a pure man-to-man cover guy. Comparing him to an over-the-hill Lito Sheppard is ludicrous. Funny how you call Wilson the "best CB in the draft", and in the same breath say this is the "big leagues". Boise State is an elite program and Wilson was an elite CB, period. And as the nickle corner, he's hardly going to have a "target on his back". [/qoute]

I would argue that Cro hasnt played well since Merriman and Phillips were no longer hitting the QB on nearly every passing play. But if you want to chalk it up to a schematic change, thats fine. My only request would be that you actually watch some San Diego games b/c judging by your comments, clearly you havent seen many.

Last year you had 3 good RBs, this year you have one. Not a good thing.

Jones is past his prime, sure. but he's better than L.T. in almost every phase of the game.

OK, youre talking cirlcles around youself now. L.T. isnt done b/c the Vikings wanted him as a back up, but Jones gets starter money from K.C. and he's done? Riiight. Youre talking up Wilson and McKnight and what theyre gonna do this year, and Im sure you wouldve mentioned Ducasse if you hadnt forgotten. Meanwhile youre belittling what your rivals did in the off season, NE grabbed McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez, and Cunningham, who all have as good a chance of producing as Wilson and McKnight. Miami drafted Odrick, Misi, Jerry & Edds, they too have a decent chance of being good players, we just dont know yet. Dont forget about Marshall and Dansby, two proven players at thier positions, who played well last year and the year before, not 3 years ago like your boy Cro. Oh, and they are STILL IN THIER PRIME I might add, unlike your boy L.T. Marshall's had his problems, watched a close friend and teammate get murdered etc, but he's never been suspended though, unlike your boy Santonio, and he's never led the league in drop % like your boy Braylon either. But, for some reason, you seem certain that the Jets are better positioned to compete with the Dolphins and Pats than they were last year. And you call me a homer.

No the Bengals didnt lay down in the playoffs. What I saw was a great defensive performance against an overmatched team with no real options on offense, and I saw some timely playmaking from a young QB coupled with an effective running game.

I thought the Chargers were in good shape until Rivers through that silly INT in the red zone. A missed FG here, a blown opportunity there, and yeah, you can get beat. Credit to the Jets, they played a great game on defense, and did just enough on offense to get the win.

You sir, seem to have a lack of respect for your rivals. Youre 1-3 vs Miami over the last two years, you got swept last year. 2-2 vs NE though they were without Brady for 2 of those games. But you think this will be the year it turns around, and youre giving me a collection rookies, over the hill RBs and DBs who havent played well since the Bush admninistration as the reason why. :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Archived