Revis Says he'll be at Mini Camp

flgreen

Darrelle Revis says he'll be at Jets mini-camp

Published: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 3:08 PM Updated: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 3:39 PM

userpic-3492-100x100.png Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Follow

Share this story

Story tools

[url=http://blog.nj.com/jets_impact/print.html?entry=/2010/06/darrelle_revis_says_hell_be_at.html]

revisjpg-5b02a2f7c0e092a0_large.jpgWilliam Perlman/The Star-LedgerDarrelle Revis said it's "important" to be the league's highest-paid cornerback.

The negotiations for a long-term contract for Darrelle Revis have not reached a resolution, but the All-Pro Jets cornerback declared his intentions for the team's mandatory mini-camp that starts next week.

"I will be here," Revis said today after the final organized-team-activities practice. "I will be here on Monday. We'll work it out."

Revis maintained his stance that he wants to be the league's highest-paid cornerback, and that is "important" to him. He said the Jets have now sent over two proposals to his agents, but neither proposal has been where he wants it to be.

"This is a process right now, and it's going to keep ongoing until both sides agree," Revis said. "I'm not mad about anything. I'm here. I want to be here, they know that, and I know they want me to be here."

Revis would not specify whether or not he would hold out in training camp. But he reiterated that while he does not want to hold out, he has to "fight" for himself and his family. He also recognizes that he has some leverage based on the elite season he had in 2009.

The Jets opened negotiations with Revis -- who is under contract for $1 million this season, and the final two years can be bought back for $20 million -- and he said they told him they want to sign him to a long-term deal. But he admitted he has been frustrated with the pace of negotiations -- something GM Mike Tannenbaum has attributed to the uncertainty of the league's labor situation.

"We're loyal as players," Revis said. "I didn't have to be here during voluntary camp. And I was. Because we sat down, me and Rex, and I told him, 'I want to be here.' And I feel the contract is going to get done in the future. And I'll be here, I'm one of the leaders on the team, and I don't want to feel separated from my teammates.

Yeah, it's a little frustration, because you think they'll move a little bit faster with things," he added. "But it's a business, and it's two sides thinking different things."

Too bad he's gonna hold out for training camp and possibly games.

Bad **** going on with Revis.

He wants Asomugha money and nothing less.

Heard this on 1050.

Good for him, tell him to call Al Davis and ask for it.

Tanny never should have agreed to renegotiate a contract with 3 years left on it. Especially with the Aso deal hanging over his head. I think there is only 2 years left on the Aso deal. Wait for that deal to expire and then make Revis the highest paid CB on reasonable terms.

Archived