Logan Mankins Demands Trade

JustInFudge

Very little, I bet. Not sure how much guaranted money I would include with an uncertain 2011/possible lockout looming, Brady needing to be resigned and lots of cash sent Vince's way. Logan can be replaced. Sure, it won't be a two time pro-bowler, but it will be someone adequate. Always is.

There are currently 15 or so NFL players in Mankins' situation. I have zero sympathy for them. Sorry. In this economic climate, it's awfully hard to feel bad for someone who is offered 7 million a year. I get the fact that Mankin's career will probably be a 13 year one? That's thirteen years of trying to maximize your earning potential so you can retire, enjoy the kids and live on a farm in east bum eff wherever. I get it. Good for him. Enjoy playing in KC.

Generally speaking, we all root for the laundry, not the player. Football is a business.

Excellent post. As harsh as it may sound, I don't really care about the players much at all. I will only side with them if I think the terms are extremely unfair and need to be reworked, like with Chris Johnson for instance or Larry Johnson a few years ago. I don't feel right if somebody is that important but is getting peanuts.

But if somebody is already getting a decent contract, and especially if they have a few years left like in the case of Revis, while I acknowledge his interests and his rights, I won't support him in the least. I want to see my team win Super Bowls.

Garb, your team has at least won them. My team went 9-7 last year and as huge underdogs barely won 1 game and won another game over an overrated team that didn't belong in the playoffs, before getting smoked by a legit team that got pounded in the SB anyway. Now my team all think they should be paid as if they won 3 SBs. They're not even waiting for their contracts to run out or anything, they're complaining in the middle of lucrative contracts.

I do hope your team gets crushed by the Jets and doesn't even make the playoffs, but that's just rival fan stuff. I like how the Patriots handle player salary disputes.

:face:

He's 33 years old.

Manning was 33 last year. Would you like me to dig up his 2nd half stats in the AFCC game? Theyre pretty good for an old man. :lol:

Elway won SBs at 38 and 39. Montana won at 33 and he played 15 seasons.

Brady has played 8 seasons. Age means nothing.

He may throw a couple more TDs than last year, but that doesn't mean he is still trending upwards. The best you can realistically hope for is consistency. If Brady has 2-3 more years like last year you should be happy. If he does it 4-5 more times you should do backflips because he'd be confounding expectations. Don't expect much more than last year's totals.

:rl: Ya, I know, I saw your NE AFCE prediction - 6 - 9 - 1.

Comedy gold.

In fact, Brady is at the age where Favre turned into an interception machine. With the exception of 98 and 99, Favre generally threw about 15-16 picks a year, starting in 2003, when he was 33 (the same age Brady will be on opening day,) Favre threw 21, 17, 29 and 18 picks over the next four years. Could it be that, like the current Pats, the Packers had no running game to speak of and a horrible defense? Hmmm. Interesting.

I will defer to your knowledge about interceptions with the likes of Testaverde, Penny, Farve and now, Sanchez playing for the Jets.

Youve seen alot of them over the years with more to come.

Manning was 33 last year. Would you like me to dig up his 2nd half stats in the AFCC game? Theyre pretty good for an old man. :lol:

Elway won SBs at 38 and 39. Montana won at 33 and he played 15 seasons.

Brady has played 8 seasons. Age means nothing.

:rl: Ya, I know, I saw your NE AFCE prediction - 6 - 9 - 1.

Comedy gold.

I will defer to your knowledge about interceptions with the likes of Testaverde, Penny, Farve and now, Sanchez playing for the Jets.

Youve seen alot of them over the years with more to come.

Comparing Manning to anyone is ridiculous as Manning is one of the 2-3 best to ever play the game. Not to mention that his talent is on another level from just about anyone else who's ever played the position. Pats fans and sportswriters who profit from the debate are the only ones who rank Brady with Manning on a talent level with a straight face.

Manning >>>>>>>>>>>> Brady and it ain't close.

Elway won SBs at 38 and 39 because he had Terrell Davis toting the rock to the tune of 3700+ yards and 36 TDs in those years. Remind me, who is the Pats number one RB? Bad example on your part.

Montana is arguably the best ever and look at the roster he had when he won at 33: Jerry Rice and John Taylor, the best receiving duo of all time; Roger Craig, the first man to ever go 1000 rushing and 1000 receiving in the same year, Tom Rathman, an absolute beast at FB, Brent Jones, a damn-good four-time Pro-Bowl TE, not to mention a sick offensive line. That team's defense included Ronnie Lott, Bill Romanowski, Charles Haley, Matt Millen, Keena Turner, Pierce Holt, Jim Burt. That is one of the greatest teams ever assembled. Another bad example.

Obviously my prediction for the Pats was made with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Surprised it took this long for someone to mention it.

So we add yet another guy who wants to be paid like the best at his position?

There's no actual shot of us being able to trade for Mankins. The Pats wouldn't let the Jets have one of their 5 best players who's just entering his prime. Mankins is a legit All Pro.

There's no actual shot of us being able to trade for Mankins. The Pats wouldn't let the Jets have one of their 5 best players who's just entering his prime. Mankins is a legit All Pro.

+1

The Pats and Jets would never do business on that level. F**k em, I like our Cleveland/Pittsburgh relationships anyway :-)

Archived