Mac Help Needed

Jetman_67

Im going from a Semi legit copy of CS4 to a fully legit install of CS5 Design Premium. Do I need to completely uninstall the CS4 before installing CS5? maybe even reformat and clean everything up too. Thinking of getting rid of Little Snitch which always runs in the background to keep CS4 from accessing the internet.

What is the best solution long term to keep the Macbook at peak performance?

I too have a semi legit cs4 but i did it differently so i dont require little snith.

I would completly remove all non ligit software before installing cs5. But make sure cs5 will run on you mac. I know cs5 is 64 bit make sure your mac can run it.

Keep all legit software you should just be able to upgrade from cs4 to cs5 when ur installing its cs5 counterpart.

Once everything is upgraded and working properly then you can remove little snitch.

Not a 100% sure, but I would remove CS4 before installing CS5. Also if you're running Semi-legit software, I would keep little snitch just to be on the safe side.

Also, just for testing purposes, I would Time Machine your old install with CS4 just incase if you're run into problems with your CS5 install.

Evidence?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/inside-apples-black-lab-wireless-testing-facilities/

"So our group stood in the concrete and steel room -- quite sparse and utilitarian, not what you expect from Apple -- surrounded by giant aluminum cubes (a few of the company's 17 anechoic chambers used for radio testing), and a small army of Apple reps. Ruben began by telling us that the labs used to be secret even to Apple employees -- something they referred to as "black labs." He also informed us that there were 40 engineers working in those labs who were experts and held PhDs in physics, telemetry, and all matter of dark arts that allow the company to continually develop and test wireless technologies. We were walked over to one of the stranger chambers, a box on one side with an ever-tapering portion on the other that made the whole contraption look a bit like a bird's beak. Ruben informed us that this particular chamber would run you about $1.2 million US dollars. Inside, the room was covered in massive teal pyramids of sound and signal damping foam, and there was an iPad strapped to a rotating mechanism that we were told was being used to get an idea of what the wireless performance would be like at any angle. This was a passive test, as opposed to active tests involving humans and real interference (more on that in a moment), and it was being performed using Macs running... Windows XP. When asked why they would still be testing the iPad, Bob and Ruben had a good laugh about having been testing the iPad "for years," and then Ruben smiled and offered a rote explanation about continually testing even after products are in the market. Sure Ruben, sure."

Use Windows XP--that's what the engineers and scientists in Apple's labs use.

LOL. Yeah, to test the product under the worst possible conditions, and to get an idea of how the competition might do.

PCs are good for certain things, but anyone who says Macs are no good is a horse's ass.

Archived