Brad Smith ~ ~ ~

kelly

I liked Ainge coming out of college. I thought he'd eventually be a decent backup with sleeper potential to be a starter.

He doesnt seem to have much of a head on his shoulders though. Clemens, Ainge and Oconnell all apparently really suck.

Link : Brad Smith #3 QB ?

July 19th, 2010 - by Stein

> http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/07/19/link-brad-smith-3-qb/

The first commenter in the article has it right - Smith would have to be listed as the #2 QB to be active for whole games.

The speculation is based on two things. First, that Smith was taking more snaps at center this offseason. And second, that there's nothing to talk about right now.

I think Smith is taking those snaps because he took over the "Seminole" package after Leon got hurt last year, and I'm sure they're looking to expand upon it by taking advantage of Smith's experience as a QB.

All that said, I wouldn't mind Smith as the backup. I probably have more confidence in him than any of the other three backups they carried last year. He's also taking up space listed as a WR - which he'll clearly never be. Moving him officially to QB would free them up to hold onto Clowney, Woodhead, or someone else they sorta like.

Archived