Sean Gilbert intimately involved in Revis holdout- PFT

Kentucky Jet

Sean Gilbert "intimately involved" in Darrelle Revis holdout

Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2010 8:57 PM ET

Plenty of Jets fans are shrugging off the absence of cornerback Darrelle Revis as a short-term protest aimed at making a point.

It could be more appropriate for Jets fans to engage in a somewhat different activity that starts with "sh" and ends with "ing."

Per a league source, former NFL defensive tackle Sean Gilbert is "intimately involved' in the holdout process. Gilbert, the brother of Revis' mother, once sat out an entire season in a contract dispute with the Redskins.

Gilbert's level of involvement wasn't clear in past weeks, especially when Revis seemed to ignore Gilbert's general view that a player in such situations should let his agent do the talking.

We're also told that Revis has no concerns about holding out beyond August 10, despite a widespread belief that he'll report by the last date for picking up his fourth year of credit toward free agency. As we understand it, Revis is fully committed to staying away until he gets a long-term deal with real genuine guaranteed money, not the D'Brickashaw Ferguson fiction that requires the player to get through at least one season without suffering a serious injury before beginning to unlock real dollars.

We've got more to come on this. But this particular cow has a full udder, and we need to milk it slowly.

Let them both rot!!!

Gilbert was a no good sob when he was in the NFL and he now he is turning REVIS ISLAND into GREEDY ISLAND! I say lets trade him even up for Asomoauga. Id Oakland says NO, I am sure that St.Louis would deal some excellent picks. We do not need some idiot dividing ouur clubhouse over money. The Jets offered him 12 mil a season and he turned it down! Now it has to be guaranteed!

Gilbert was a no good sob when he was in the NFL and he now he is turning REVIS ISLAND into GREEDY ISLAND! I say lets trade him even up for Asomoauga. Id Oakland says NO, I am sure that St.Louis would deal some excellent picks. We do not need some idiot dividing ouur clubhouse over money. The Jets offered him 12 mil a season and he turned it down! Now it has to be guaranteed!

He's trying to force himself off the island I agree, but at this point I'd make him sweat!

Nothing is guaranteed in life but death and taxes.. He's really using the Leon injury to his benefit.. I mean there never were any risk of career ending injuries before that right? This is turning into a real joke and I'm hoping this is just build up for HBO.

Nothing is guaranteed in life but death and taxes.. He's really using the Leon injury to his benefit.. I mean there never were any risk of career ending injuries before that right? This is turning into a real joke and I'm hoping this is just build up for HBO.

It's not.

And Neon Leon turned down a very good Jets deal on his own. It was not the Jets fault! Revis aka Sir Greedy is just a glutton. He says I have to feed my family. What family? What about the millions of workers that toil for far less then REVIS gets ? They do not make in a lifetime what Revis makes in a year. They can not pull this prima donna BS and get away with it. They do have families to feed so they just go to work! PLUS REVIS already has received 11 million dollars in bonus from the Jets! That counts too doesn't it?

And Neon Leon turned down a very good Jets deal on his own. It was not the Jets fault! Revis aka Sir Greedy is just a glutton. He says I have to feed my family. What family? What about the millions of workers that toil for far less then REVIS gets ? They do not make in a lifetime what Revis makes in a year. They can not pull this prima donna BS and get away with it. They do have families to feed so they just go to work! PLUS REVIS already has received 11 million dollars in bonus from the Jets! That counts too doesn't it?

I agree 100%.. it's hard to believe that some people feel he's doing the right thing.

Per a league source, former NFL defensive tackle Sean Gilbert is "intimately involved' in the holdout process. Gilbert, the brother of Revis' mother, once sat out an entire season in a contract dispute with the Redskins.

Big %#$@ing surprise. The greedy, malcontent fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

He has to buy tons of pretty dresses and fruit loops for his daughter.

So you think that trading Revis wouldnt immediately divide the team and staff? lol. and if you're going to offer 12 million and its not guaranteed then is it really 12 million?

Thats like Revis signing the contract but not guaranting that he'll show up on sunday.

Its funny how the players are always wrong when at the end of the day this is business. Revis seen how the Jets do business when Leon got hurt. he'd be stupid not to do what he's doing right now, ESPECIALLY when he knows he has the talent to where someone will pay him that money if its not the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS. Tanny and Rex better get this right.

He's letting his uncle ruin his career.

How you sound right now? He's holding out and thats ruining his career? He's the best defender in the league and he's ruining his career because he wants to get paid like it?

Again, im not saying that 16 million is the right answer, but offering a contract with NO guaranteed money in it surely isnt the answer either.

You, like the rest on here pissed at Revis are just pissed because you're Jets fans. You have more love for the organization that you do the players who make the organization valid in the first place.

Dude hasnt missed a football game yet he's ruining his career lmao. I laugh at that comment.

So you think that trading Revis wouldnt immediately divide the team and staff? lol. and if you're going to offer 12 million and its not guaranteed then is it really 12 million?

Thats like Revis signing the contract but not guaranting that he'll show up on sunday.

Too late he's already done that by not showing up to camp.

Its funny how the players are always wrong when at the end of the day this is business. Revis seen how the Jets do business when Leon got hurt. he'd be stupid not to do what he's doing right now, ESPECIALLY when he knows he has the talent to where someone will pay him that money if its not the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS. Tanny and Rex better get this right.

Not if the Jets sit on his a$$ for the length of the contract he already signed.

Too late he's already done that by not showing up to camp.

Probably because they said that they wanted to lock him up long term and make him the higest paid CB in the NFL and they've failed to come through on their words. Its funny now the organization supporters frequently forget that part. Guess its not important or warrant a holdout.

Not if the Jets sit on his a$$ for the length of the contract he already signed.

Well, if they stop selling pipe dreams maybe he'd be at camp right now. Tanny messed that up by opening his mouth too early though. Its all good though, Tanny has his 5 year extension though. Partly due to the success of a player who cant get what he was promised.

Probably because they said that they wanted to lock him up long term and make him the higest paid CB in the NFL and they've failed to come through on their words. Its funny now the organization supporters frequently forget that part. Guess its not important or warrant a holdout.

Well, if they stop selling pipe dreams maybe he'd be at camp right now. Tanny messed that up by opening his mouth too early though. Its all good though, Tanny has his 5 year extension though. Partly due to the success of a player who cant get what he was promised.

Regardless what was said or "promised" Mevis' crazy Al money demands are ridiculous.

Archived