wes welker is a stud

jgb

re-read the first post in the thread. let's not forget that welker is coming back from a horrific injury after only 8 months rehab.

He's a good player and a great slot receiver. He's just limited in what he does. He cant cant stretch the field, isnt red zone threat and really cant break a a game open. Not trying knock him becauae he's excellent in his role...he just doesnt scare me as a player.

Career wise, Randy Moss is on the moon compared to him basically.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you guys are just giant haters, I know they are rivals but recognize game when you see it. Welker is legit and if he was on the Jets he would be given more praise then probably any other player on the team. You can hate him cause he's our rival but you have to admit he is a beast.

re-read the first post in the thread. let's not forget that welker is coming back from a horrific injury after only 8 months rehab.

I'm guilty of not reading the thread at all, but rather responding to the argument in general that Welker > Moss. I just don't buy it, and the stats dictate that. I have no clue how his injury is affecting him, because I never saw his MRI's, nor would I know what to do with them if I had.

The problem lies not in praising Welker, but in deliberately, without solicitation, choosing a Jet WR (an incredibly popular one at that) to compare him very favorably to. That and talking completely out of your a$$ in aforementioned comparison is more than enough to qualify your thread as completely douchetastic.

Some of you guys are just giant haters, I know they are rivals but recognize game when you see it. Welker is legit and if he was on the Jets he would be given more praise then probably any other player on the team. You can hate him cause he's our rival but you have to admit he is a beast.

I can easily name many players that are better than Jets, better than former Jets, better than the best Jets at every position, that's not hard. Why I would wake up one day and choose to do that as a Jet fan on a Jet forum is beyond me. Pure masochism can only explain so much.

The problem lies not in praising Welker, but in deliberately, without solicitation, choosing a Jet WR (an incredibly popular one at that) to compare him very favorably to. That and talking completely out of your a$$ in aforementioned comparison is more than enough to qualify your thread as completely douchetastic.

actually i did wayne chrebet a favor by even mentioning him in the same sentence as welker. my point was that jets fans understandably love chrebet - me included - but if you think chrebet was a gamer, than you need to wonder why you don't view welker as elite.

That's because Jets fans love a Horatio Algers story more than a winner.

Read: J. Chadwick Pennington

ya because it's impossible to think that any player on another team is better than a jet and still be a jets fan. :rolleyes:

Not that, just Chrebets heart and hands were 3 times better than Welkers. Is Brady better than Sanchez? sadly yes. Is Jerod Mayo better than Bart Scott? yeah.

actually i did wayne chrebet a favor by even mentioning him in the same sentence as welker. my point was that jets fans understandably love chrebet - me included - but if you think chrebet was a gamer, than you need to wonder why you don't view welker as elite.

Here's why Chrebet was a gamer. Chrebet had big play ability, like catching 45 yd td passes in double coverage, something Welker never does on a consistent basis, catching one handed 4th down conversions in baltimore in 2000 for 16 yd gains out jumping Ray Lewis for the stab, being known as the best 3rd down possession wr in the game for about a decade, catching game winning td passes in maybe the biggest clutch games in jet history "monday night miracle", also the game winner against Keyshawns Bucs in the flaslight vs star bowl. Welker does play in a slot friendly offense though that allows him to rack up 20- 6yd comeback patterns for a low ypc average. (yay for him)

Archived