I can't decide if this makes Chan Gailey seem ....

Klecko73isGod

more like a mean old man or a pathetic old lady.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chan-Gailey-will-not-abide-your-heckling-of-Tren?urn=nfl-264802

Chan Gailey will not abide your heckling of Trent Edwards

By MJD

An amusing little note comes out of Buffalo Bills training camp Tuesday. A group of fans at a Bills practice were heckling Trent Edwards(notes) and some other Bills players. Head coach Chan Gailey overheard it, and then let those fans know, in no uncertain terms, that they wouldn't be getting autographs after practice.

"HEY! You see this group of guys that you loathe and ridicule? YOU CAN'T HAVE THEIR AUTOGRAPH!"

From the Associated Press:

[immediately after practice ended Tuesday morning, Gailey] marched over to a group of teenagers in the stands and told them what he thought about their heckling. "If you dog one of us, you dog all of us.” [...]

Gailey had another message for them, too: He said he’d instructed his players to skip that section of the stands for signing autographs.

Really, I can't get too worked up about either side here. Random fans spewing vitriol at someone as they try to do their job -- not that I'd know anything about that -- isn't a very nice thing to do, so I can't blame coach Gailey if he doesn't like it. His players probably appreciate the "all for one, one for all" attitude, too.

[Photos: See Bills quarterback Trent Edwards in action]

At the same time, fans are fans, and as long as fans exist -- which, by the way, will be the exact same amount of time that professional sports exist -- you're going to have some hecklers. It comes with the territory of being a professional athlete. And it's not like the Buffalo Bills fans of the world don't have a reason to be a little frustrated.

It happened, and we'll all move on. All we can do is hope that these young ruffians learned a valuable lesson through the withholding of a Trent Edwards autograph.

Makes it look like the Bills are scrimmaging alongside Orchard Park High School.

Eff that. Good for Chan Gailey. Why should he stand by and let his players endure ridicule and humiliation while they're trying to practice? It's bad enough they have to endure it during the season while they're sucking during games. "No autograph for you!"

Eff that. Good for Chan Gailey. Why should he stand by and let his players endure ridicule and humiliation while they're trying to practice? It's bad enough they have to endure it during the season while they're sucking during games. "No autograph for you!"

I dunno.

I sympathize with Buffalo fans.

It has been 10 years of absolute irrelevance.

The Jets aren't teasing their fans with a potential move to Canada.

Totally different circumstances.

Point taken I was here when the Oilers left -- Some of the old die hard fans still have bitter feelings despite getting a 2nd team.

Plus I have been to WNY numerous times and know the devotion they have for that team -- even if most of them are a-holes. B)

Archived