Chargers/49ers Game Thread(LETS GO 49ERS)

idahojetsfan

Scenario 2

Jets (9-4) win over Steelers (10-3), AND

Dolphins (7-6) loss or tie against Bills (3-10), AND

Colts (7-6) loss or tie against Jaguars (8-5), AND

Chargers (7-6) loss or tie against 49ers (5-8) (tonight)

Scenario 3

Jets (9-4) win or tie against Steelers (10-3), AND

Dolphins (7-6) loss to Bills (3-10), AND

Colts (7-6) loss or tie against Jaguars (8-5), AND

Chargers (7-6) loss to 49ers (5-8) (tonight)

Wow Smith got ejected and it's been pitch and catch for the Rivers.

Fun to think about: Sanchez has two years of starting experience at the age of 24. He's been to an AFCCG as a rookie, and it looks like he's playoff bound as a 2nd year QB. Rivers is 29, went to the AFCCG in his 4th NFL season (2nd season starting both playoff bound), didn't start until his 3 year at the age of 25, and played in a much weaker division both then and probably now but less so. By the time Sanchez is in his 5th year starting he'll be 27/28. A better barometer is probably Eli since his home stadium also happens to be Sanchez's, but think that Sanchez has a heard start on alot of guys who are becoming elite starters only now 6-7 years in.

Wow Smith got ejected and it's been pitch and catch for the Rivers.

Fun to think about: Sanchez has two years of starting experience at the age of 24. He's been to an AFCCG as a rookie, and it looks like he's playoff bound as a 2nd year QB. Rivers is 29, went to the AFCCG in his 4th NFL season (2nd season starting both playoff bound), didn't start until his 3 year at the age of 25, and played in a much weaker division both then and probably now but less so. By the time Sanchez is in his 5th year starting he'll be 27/28. A better barometer is probably Eli since his home stadium also happens to be Sanchez's, but think that Sanchez has a heard start on alot of guys who are becoming elite starters only now 6-7 years in.

I truly hope Sanchez turns out to be as good as Rivers...

I truly hope Sanchez turns out to be as good as Rivers...

Despite the two bombs in a row, he's been noticeably better from last season. Not consistently enough for great stats, but you see that when he gets hot he can carry a team. That's the job a QB and that's why he got a nice little contract to start off.

I still think the better barometer is Eli, who plays in the same home building even if the competition is different. Sanchez is alot like a Eli when he came into the league...mediocre at best completion% but could run a 2 minute drill, keep a play alive, throw a deep ball, and lead a comeback in flashes. He'd suck for whole quarters at a time, but yeah I watched a few young Eli Manning comebacks.

Archived