they're just not a championship team

neckdemon

I was 5 in 1969-70. So as I was first coming into sports awareness (older brothers get you started younger) I saw the Mets, Jets and Knicks all win championships. I was imprinted like a baby duckling, and thought how wonderul it was to have all your teams win. Little did I know...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you come to realize how ridiculous this thread is yet? Seriously. You're not a champion, until you are a champion. The fact the Jets were the only team from either conference to return to the final 4, means that they are very much a championship caliber team that hasnt had the magical season yet. Many players and teams go through a similar process. The miracle over night teams ala the Patriots...are rare and flat out, never happen. They are just as capable of winning a SB, if not more than every team in the NFL.

This season was the first season that Aaron Rodgers won a playoff game. Were they a championship team last year when they go bounced round 1? Were they a championship team when they entered the playoffs as the 6 seed who obviously didnt win their division? Were the Bears a championship team since they won the division that has the the current SB champs?

How can you not put the Jets in an elite team category if they were the only team to return to the final 4? Hello. No other team did that. lol. Those 2 bad a$$ teams with HOF QB's...lost to the Jets in the playoffs.

Your rational is beyond ridiculous. Sorry. But you dont make any sense whatsoever right now. Which is surprising because you are usually very rational.

People were saying the Packers were not a Championship team and were counting them out of the playoffs. That's kind of the point of this thread and why I bumped it. I said they'd win it, others argued that they were not a good team and wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Generally I guess you're not a Championship team until you actually win it. But you can project a team to be Championship caliber. There are certain things that you look for that make you think the team has a good shot.

If you are saying the NYJ have that capacity that's cool, you're just projecting they can be one. I hope they can too, I just didn't think they were ready this year. Hopefully they can do it next year and then beyond.

Enough of getting "lucky" and getting to the AFCC game, we need to start being favorites and the other teams need to be the ones scared of us for a change. Sanchez has tied the record for most road playoff wins in NFL history in just his second year because he's always on the road. Generally you're supposed to be at home so nobody else gets those road wins. Not Peyton Manning, not Tom Brady. Flacco is tied with Sanchez although he's played an extra year. I'm sure the Ravens want home games too instead.

People were saying the Packers were not a Championship team and were counting them out of the playoffs. That's kind of the point of this thread and why I bumped it. I said they'd win it, others argued that they were not a good team and wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Generally I guess you're not a Championship team until you actually win it. But you can project a team to be Championship caliber. There are certain things that you look for that make you think the team has a good shot.

If you are saying the NYJ have that capacity that's cool, you're just projecting they can be one. I hope they can too, I just didn't think they were ready this year. Hopefully they can do it next year and then beyond.

Enough of getting "lucky" and getting to the AFCC game, we need to start being favorites and the other teams need to be the ones scared of us for a change. Sanchez has tied the record for most road playoff wins in NFL history in just his second year because he's always on the road. Generally you're supposed to be at home so nobody else gets those road wins. Not Peyton Manning, not Tom Brady. Flacco is tied with Sanchez although he's played an extra year. I'm sure the Ravens want home games too instead.

How, exactly, did the Jets get lucky?

Archived