During the game, Wischusen & Lyons were commenting...

Steveg

..about how Greene was in a good groove and how a cold, hard field fits his running style. They couldn't understand why the Jets even attempted a running play with LT in the 4th Q as every attempt was stopped dead. They make a good point. On a cold weather field, just use LT in obvious passing downs. I didn't read all the threads, but was this one of the knocks on Shotty?

I don't know if it is a knock on Schotty but I do agree that it is time to turn the ground game over to Greene.

LT was nice feel good story the first 4-5 weeks of the season but since then he hasn't had the impact that he had earlier in the year.

Tomlinson to me right now is a good third down back or a reciever coming out of the backfield who can make guys miss.

Schitty called a good game, but I can't defend him on his decision to go with LT over Greene in the 4th Q because I was screaming at the TV the whole time "Why is LT still out there?"

You hate to infuse logic into something that is illogical on it's face, but I'm wondering that after the win in Pittsburgh the Jets are resting Greene for the postseason. They only gave him 13 carries, about the same as LT against the Bears, but Greene was getting nearly twice the yardage.

I'm wondering that after the win in Pittsburgh the Jets are resting Greene for the postseason. They only gave him 13 carries, about the same as LT against the Bears, but Greene was getting nearly twice the yardage.

Doubtful they were resting Greene. They had not guaranteed a p-p-playoff spot yet. Foolish to rest Greene, lose and risk not making the playoffs. If they are gonna rest Greene, it will be for the Buf game.

Doubtful they were resting Greene. They had not guaranteed a p-p-playoff spot yet. Foolish to rest Greene, lose and risk not making the playoffs. If they are gonna rest Greene, it will be for the Buf game.

This...they werent resting anyone trying to secure a playoff spot.

But I agree, I was furious when they were running LT. He should be strictly a 3rd down back now.

Archived