Wildcard Weekend - News & What-not.

Integrity28

Jets FS Eric Smith (concussion) is expected to return for Saturday's Wild Card game against the Colts.

The Jets are getting back to full strength at the right time. Smith tallied 54 tackles, two pass breakups and a sack in 13 regular season games.

Source: Jets on Twitter

*sigh*

Jets coach Rex Ryan revealed Monday that he plans to shadow Reggie Wayne with Darrelle Revis in the Wild Card round.

Wayne has faced off with Revis for roughly seven quarters over the past two years, coming away with a combined six catches for 88 scoreless yards. Peyton Manning essentially refused to throw Wayne's way with Revis on him in last year's AFC Championship, as the Colts' No. 1 receiver finished with five targets in a game Manning attempted 39 passes. Look for Pierre Garcon, Jacob Tamme, and Blair White to be Manning's go-to guys this weekend.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Good to hear. Now, can the combination of Cromartie, Wilson, Cole, Coleman, Lowery, Smith, Pool and Ihedigbo be more effective vs. Tamme, Blair White and Garcon, than Sheppard, Rhodes, Leonard, Coleman, Lowery, Strickland were vs. Dallas Clark, Austin Collie and Garcon?

Personally, I think our collective group got a little better and theirs is actually worse. Garcon's best game ever was the AFC championship, he has been mediocre this year. Tamme is good, but not Dallas. If Cro can take Garcon (deep threat) out of the game, and Revis blankets Wayne, then I am pretty confident in the rest of our D stifling Tamme and Blair White.

The other key to our defense will be Shonn Greene and LT running the ball 45+ times and keeping Manning on the sideline.

Coach Rex Ryan said that RT Damien Woody (knee) is expected back for Saturday's game against the Colts.

Woody has been out since getting a knee scope following Week 14. His return bodes well for the Jets' running game and sends Wayne Hunter back to the bench. It's worth noting that the Colts' run defense has suddenly stepped up over the last three weeks, shutting down Maurice Jones-Drew, Darren McFadden and Chris Johnson in succession.

Awesome. See my comments above about Shonn Greene and LT's role on defense. ;)

Crap, I thought the Jets actually had a shot on Saturday, but now Eric Smith had to go and get healthy. There goes that.

In all seriousness, there is absolutely NO reason he should start over Lowery. While Lowery has been hit or miss at safety for sure, he's made a hell of a lot more plays in his few starts than Smith has all season, and is clearly infinitely better in coverage.

God, I hate him so much. He's just beyond awful.

Crap, I thought the Jets actually had a shot on Saturday, but now Eric Smith had to go and get healthy. There goes that.

In all seriousness, there is absolutely NO reason he should start over Lowery. While Lowery has been hit or miss at safety for sure, he's made a hell of a lot more plays in his few starts than Smith has all season, and is clearly infinitely better in coverage.

God, I hate him so much. He's just beyond awful.

"Manning goes deep........ and THERE'S A FLAG ON THE PLAY"

/throws chair at wall

"Manning goes deep........ and SMITH FALLS DOWN IN COVERAGE"

/throws TV at wall

"In comes Smith on the blitz.... AND HE MISSES THE TACKLE ON MANNING!!"

/logs onto Jet nation

//starts ERIC SMITH IS A HERP DA DERP thread

Are we bashing Eric Smith in this thread?

Yes. Join us, won't you?

You guys are mean.

I mean come on, it's not like I posted in the thread "OMG GUYS,I"M TEH MAFIA!!!1!!" Now, THAT would be Eric Smith bad.

To be honest... Eric Smith doesn't miss nearly as many tackles as you did booby traps Mr. Willie.

Fixed for teh appropirate amount of gheyness.

Fail. What if I like performing anal on chicks. duh

You guys are mean.

I mean come on, it's not like I posted in the thread "OMG GUYS,I"M TEH MAFIA!!!1!!" Now, THAT would be Eric Smith bad.

Good point. I'd start you over Eric Smith at safety any day.

You guys are mean.

I'd say that's fair.

So you're like Jim Leonard. Perfectly average, you don't do much and yet people rave about your intelligence.

PEW PEW PEW.

I'd say that's fair.

So you're like Jim Leonard. Perfectly average, you don't do much and yet people rave about your intelligence.

PEW PEW PEW.

Nah, BG is not "scrappy" enough to be Jim Leonard. BG in mafia is like Jeff Cumberland. For some reason he signed up for that sh*t, but you never hear a thing from him.

Nah, BG is not "scrappy" enough to be Jim Leonard. BG in mafia is like Jeff Cumberland. For some reason he signed up for that sh*t, but you never hear a thing from him.

**** you monkey. I'm Jeff Cumberland. Or maybe Isaiah Trufant.

Which would make you what, the Channing Crowder of mafia? Never shut the **** up no matter how much you suck. :D

Haha... well played my man... but at least make me a Jet for crying out loud.

I'm more like Bart Scott. I like his Dolemite villain voice... plus he talks too much too.

Look a new trick!!!

:lol:

I like the way you use teh all caps... ITS SEXzzzEEEE!

Seriously, this is turning out to be the best thread on this board in a long, long time... nobody brings the humor 'round here lately. Now post some funny pics you homo...

:lol:

I like the way you use teh all caps... ITS SEXzzzEEEE!

Seriously, this is turning out to be the best thread on this board in a long, long time... nobody brings the humor 'round here lately. Now post some funny pics you homo...

If by funny pics you mean awkward boners, than its confirmed you are a ghey.

If by funny pics you mean awkward boners, than its confirmed you are a ghey.

Oh man... I forgot about "boner gayte" with Vic. Eegands... I retract my request for "funny pics" for fear the CHilean Dootthumper might post pictures of wieners.

Archived