2010 Playoffs: Jets Take Over New York

THE ILK

hey, do you make those ones where the background is black and white and the players are color? Was wondering what you used for that.. it's a pretty cool effect

No this guy does: http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Jets/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ32

There are a whole bunch there, I imagine he has to cut out the color part, and then layer it over the black and white.

Any decent photo software, can turn a picture black and white or sepia with one click.

No this guy does: http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Jets/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ32

There are a whole bunch there, I imagine he has to cut out the color part, and then layer it over the black and white.

Any decent photo software, can turn a picture black and white or sepia with one click.

Oh yeah, i knew about that way, but the outline of the player is very prescise.. My hand isn't that steady.. I was wondering if there was some edge finding utility of something

Oh yeah, i knew about that way, but the outline of the player is very prescise.. My hand isn't that steady.. I was wondering if there was some edge finding utility of something

I don't know of any other than the cut tools and magic wand in the photo softwares.

I hate cutting photos, and I may have ruined my eyes doing it.

Some people are just really good at it, and there are a few tricks with ways to cut and feathering the edges.

Photoshop definitely has that kind of tool, which I've used for things in the past. Basically just a selection tool that's designed to track edges and you go from there. Depending on the picture and how clear the edges are it's kind of hit or miss, but I know you can also set the precision level on that which sometimes helps.

Photoshop definitely has that kind of tool, which I've used for things in the past. Basically just a selection tool that's designed to track edges and you go from there. Depending on the picture and how clear the edges are it's kind of hit or miss, but I know you can also set the precision level on that which sometimes helps.

Yes that's the magic wand, but it won't just give you a clean cut like that, especially if the colors in the background are close to what you want to cut.

gotta stop using the freebee knockoffs and get the real deal.. A tool like that would be great

Yes that's the magic wand, but it won't just give you a clean cut like that, especially if the colors in the picture are close.

Nah, the magic wand is crap. The one I'm thinking of is basically a free hand selection tool, but it is designed to cling onto edges of what you're trying to trace by hand as you go along, essentially trying to eliminate the old shaky hand syndrome. It's certainly not flawless, and in my experience often needs a little touch-up after the fact (although that depends on how neurotic you are about it), but I've found it to work a lot better than most other options.

Nah, the magic wand is crap. The one I'm thinking of is basically a free hand selection tool, but it is designed to cling onto edges of what you're trying to trace by hand as you go along, essentially trying to eliminate the old shaky hand syndrome. It's certainly not flawless, and in my experience often needs a little touch-up after the fact (although that depends on how neurotic you are about it), but I've found it to work a lot better than most other options.

I may have seen that before, not sure I ever got it to work right though.

hey, do you make those ones where the background is black and white and the players are color? Was wondering what you used for that.. it's a pretty cool effect

in photoshop layer the picture, remove all the hue/saturation, then just used the eraser over the parts you want color. its pretty simple. i learned in about 20 minutes, just by googling.

I may have seen that before, not sure I ever got it to work right though.

Yeah, I think it's one of the variations of the lasso tools. I remember having to screw around with the precision a lot to get it working decently and like I said, it's of course not perfect, just certainly better than anything I did myself by hand.

in photoshop layer the picture, remove all the hue/saturation, then just used the eraser over the parts you want color. its pretty simple. i learned in about 20 minutes, just by googling.

Using the eraser like that is pretty much reverse cutting it.

Still need a real steady hand around the inside edges.

Archived