Kevin Durant Speaks On Chris Bosh

RutgersJetFan

Embarrasing that a man his size couldn't bench press 185 once at the NBA combine. He was the only player that wasn't able to do it and he's overrated and he just got his a$$ kicked by the Heat. Nuff said.

Rick Barnes said it best following that combine when he quipped that "there are a lot of guys who can bench press 300 pounds in the NBA who couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie."

The kid weighed 215 lbs and was measured with a near 7'5" wingspan. Tyson Chandler benched 185 twice at the pre-draft combine. Al Jefferson, after measuring in at 260 lbs? 3 times.

The year Durant was drafted, DJ Strawberry had the highest-ranked combine performance, including 21 reps on the bench for a kid that weighed-in at 199 lbs. Perhaps there is more to being a successful NBA player than that...

Embarrasing that a man his size couldn't bench press 185 once at the NBA combine. He was the only player that wasn't able to do it and he's overrated and he just got his a$$ kicked by the Heat. Nuff said.

It's the NBA, not the NFL. Half the players on some of the best courts in America probably couldn't bench their own weight.

As far as Durant being overrated, we all know how you get when it comes to evaluating players when you're all emotional. Last time I checked you were still praising the Garden as the Mecca just a few months after trashing it.

Rick Barnes said it best following that combine when he quipped that "there are a lot of guys who can bench press 300 pounds in the NBA who couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie."

The kid weighed 215 lbs and was measured with a near 7'5" wingspan. Tyson Chandler benched 185 twice at the pre-draft combine. Al Jefferson, after measuring in at 260 lbs? 3 times.

The year Durant was drafted, DJ Strawberry had the highest-ranked combine performance, including 21 reps on the bench for a kid that weighed-in at 199 lbs. Perhaps there is more to being a successful NBA player than that...

We're a NFL country. Such is life. If you're not strong people assume the worst, even if you've already proven you're the best scorer in the league.

There are about 2 players in the history of the game that didn't have limitations. Oh right and he's also 22, but yeah everyone grows into their body by that age anyways. Lord knows MJ did.

Yeah but Durant's athleticism limits him. He'll get locked down by elite defenders because he struggles to create his own shot unlike Lebron, Melo, Kobe, Wade.

Yup, high.

You aren't even arguing...look at Durant's shooting percentages against good defenses, it's below average. The biggest issue is that he can't create the shot off the dribble ,he has to come off screens to do it. When he does try to create off the dribble it's contested because he's really not turning the corner on anyone and getting by them.

There's nothing wrong with coming off screens and he's one hell of a scorer....but what we've seen from Durant is he'll struggle against the really good defenses with a lengthy guy that can match him. Artest beat him up last year.

P.S. Bosh's performance in the athletic drills at the 2003 combine was one of the worst ever.

There's no point. I threw in the towel when you compared him to Kobe's prime, which he isn't even in anymore, to his prime, which he's a good 4-5 years away from.

I don't see him being any quicker off the dribble 5 years from now.

You havent refuted any of that. It's a fact Durant's shooting percentage dips against the better defenses.

Alright I will tolerate a lot of things in life but I refuse to let you dog Sweets.

A fitting nickname as something he clearly indulged in a bit too much,

Pops is an SJU alum, so I have a hard time rooting for former Hoyas, unless they go on to have marginally successful careers, like #33.

dude had 33 points on 7 for 27 shooting...straight garbage. Because he's now labeled a superstar he gets to the line 15 times a game...complete joke.

Pops is an SJU alum

Must be having the best week ever then. I was pretty happy too, I've always been a big St. John's fan.

I liked Sweetney. Something about a fat dude who still at least played hard when he was on the court. Granted the spare tire limited him but he was a lot more lovable than the fat guy we got in exchange for him.

dude had 33 points on 7 for 27 shooting...straight garbage. Because he's now labeled a superstar he gets to the line 15 times a game...complete joke.

He was 10th in the NBA in free throw attempts in his 2nd year, led the league last year, and is currently 6th this season. After the calls Wade got in the 2006 Finals (the last time you were probably a Heat fan before "The Decision"), this complaint has been rendered moot for any Heat fans for the rest of time.

As far as his shooting (looking at the big picture instead of one single game), his true shooting % is .575 for his career, which puts him comfortably ahead of Wade, LeBron, and Bosh. His TS% for the past season and a half is .600, which also outpaces "The Big Three" by a decent margin. Straight garbage, indeed.

Must be having the best week ever then. I was pretty happy too, I've always been a big St. John's fan.

If it wasn't a Jets-less Super Bowl week, perhaps.

I liked Sweetney. Something about a fat dude who still at least played hard when he was on the court. Granted the spare tire limited him but he was a lot more lovable than the fat guy we got in exchange for him.

Even after "fracturing" Hulk Hogan's sternum, King Kong Bundy was still a more lovable fat guy than Eddy Curry.

Speaking of fat, I didn't realize that was Gerald Wilkins at the game on Sunday until they said his name. It looks like he ate Nique at the last family gathering.

It's the NBA, not the NFL. Half the players on some of the best courts in America probably couldn't bench their own weight.

As far as Durant being overrated, we all know how you get when it comes to evaluating players when you're all emotional. Last time I checked you were still praising the Garden as the Mecca just a few months after trashing it.

You guys realize you are arguing with meat head who lives by the code, G.T.L., right?

Archived