Revis lobbies Ochocinco to become a JET

JetsFanInDenver

That's true. An Ed Reed, Champ Bailey or Charles Woodson all make those types of plays in really big games. With those guys, the Jets probably actually win the game. Namdi and Revis right now are probably the top cover corners, but they don't get the INTs and really put the fear in somebody. It's not truly shutting down one side of the field if you can still throw there incomplete.

Once again the defense doesn't show up in a championship game. Why commit so much money to these defensive position players when the coach has to outscheme the opponent every single time and it still doesn't really work when it matters? We're better off keeping the offense together instead.

Ugh...Revis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. 99.5% of the defensive plalyers in the league....Excuse me...Revis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>99.5% of the league's defensive players.

I should realize I'm talking to the guy who thinks the offense doesn't have routes so...yeah.

Just shutting someone down is maybe $12M money. The dude is no Deion Sanders. Or Champ Bailey.

The deal Revis signed is essentially a four year, $46M contract - or $11.5M/year. So by your standards, he's underpaid. Let it go.

don't know why everyone is so anti-ocho. guy had a bad year on the 2nd most dysfunctional team in the NFL (raiders #1). rex has already shown he can handle mercurial players and get them to buy-in. he's one season off of a 1,000 yard, 9 TD campaign. everyone thought LDT was washed up too but and despite fading down the stretch, he was a major contributor this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/25922/revis-lobbies-ochocinco-to-become-a-jet

Chad Ochocinco has vacillated between reverting his last name to Johnson or keeping his current moniker.

I'm not sure if cornerback Darrelle Revis cares what name Ochocinco goes by, but Revis would prefer it on the back of a New York Jets jersey.

"I want Chad to come here and play for us, to be a Jet," Revis told New York Metro reporter Kristian Dyer in the days leading up to the Super Bowl. "I've been in his ear a lot about it this week. ... I think he could do well here. I've been telling him to come here."

There might not be enough microphones or footballs to go around.

The Jets already are considered a media paradise with colorful personalities such as head coach Rex Ryan, linebacker Bart Scott and Antonio Cromartie. The club provides regular access to owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Tannenbaum. They generate never-ending storylines.

But Ochocinco, too? That would be something.

From a football perspective, though, I'm not sure how much sense it would make unless the Jets can't afford to keep their receiving corps intact.

Tannenbaum said on a conference call last week he wants to re-sign free agents Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith for 2011. Jerricho Cotchery and tight end Dustin Keller are under contract.

So is Ochocinco, for that matter. But he appears to be headed for a Cincinnati Bengals divorce.

He has been diplomatic lately when speaking about his future with the Bengals, but he publicly stated two weeks ago he wanted to play for the Jets or New England Patriots.

The Jets "will make it to this point every year," Ochocinco said on "The T.Ocho Show" on Versus. "I'd do anything to play for someone like Rex Ryan or anyone who has that type of mentality."

A week before that, Ochocinco tweeted a note to Boston Herald reporter Ian R. Rapoport that he wanted to join forces with Bill Belichick.

Well, Tanny need not worry about any future competition from Revis.

Archived