Vladimir Ducasse dept. : ~ ~ ( i luv that name ; VLADIMIR DUCASSE ) ~ ~ ~

kelly

not for nothing but for a 2nd round pick his performance this year was beyond disappointing...he should not only be trying to stay in shape he should hire himself a personal coach so he does not get any Jets qb killed

What performance? He was drafted in the 2nd round and brought in and asked to go from tackle to guard, and he lost out to a veteran backup.

If he started all 16 games and sucked, I could see commenting on his performance.

What performance? He was drafted in the 2nd round and brought in and asked to go from tackle to guard, and he lost out to a veteran backup.

If he started all 16 games and sucked, I could see commenting on his performance.

I guess I expect more out of a 2nd round lineman..and would not consider Slauson a wiley veteran by any means

I guess I expect more out of a 2nd round lineman..and would not consider Slauson a wiley veteran by any means

While not a vet by any means. Slauson is a vet of Callahans blocking scheme of now more than 7 years. Just about anyone would have a leg up with a seven to one ratio.

BTW if you read the article, Ducasse learned about all positions other than center. Valuable asset. I'm sure he struggled with learning all the positions. This is not a simple blocking scheme. I do have faith in the Jets scouting department. Under Tannenbaum they have been right more often than they have been wrong. Which is a vast difference than other Jets front offices.

Save judgment on Ducasse for next regular season. I expect he will appear to struggle in the pre-season, but that is because coaches love to see what he limits of their players are in the pre-season.

While it would've been nice to see him come out and dominate from the beginning, the fact is he got some valuable playing time in week 17 and while it may have only been against the lowly Bills, he still was a completely different player from the one we saw in preseason, and then it was against backups. The Jets obviously saw a lot in him considering it was speculated he was even being considered with their first rounder. Of course nothings for certain, but I still think he has a very legit chance to be a long-term starter on this line.

I think the fans put alot of the expectation on this kid way ahead of what the team's vision was. He's a RT. He was drafted to back up Woody and eventually take over there. Alot of fans just assumed he was drafted to fill the vacant LG spot. While he was given a chance to beat out Slauson, it's not very fair to expect a first year player to come out starting at a totally new position. He spent the season learning all of the positions on the line, which will ultimately help him be an even better RT with the knowledge of what his teammates are doing as well. I expect him to step in and have a solid season for us.

Archived