GQ's Worst Fans in America

Jetsfan80

No, Dolphins fans didn't make the list. Cowboys, Raiders, and Eagles fans did though:

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/20110...merica#slide=1

15. LA Lakers

14. U of Oregon basketball

13. U of Wisconsin football

12. Dallas Cowboys

11. Montreal Canadians

10. LSU football

9. Yankees

8. Duke basketball

7. PSU football

6. Red Soxs

5. Terps basketball

4. Oakland Raiders

3. WVU

1/2. Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies fans

Yankee fans should be divided into two groups: The 4% of die-hards who suffered through the CBS Era and the remaining 96% of dickweed front-runners whose Yankee history goes all the way back to Paul O'Neill.

Proud to be apart of the 96%. Paul O'Neill was a warrior.

Putting Duke behind any NCAA team is indefensible. Putting UW ahead of anyone is just inexplicable.

Well, I have to say, the rationale behind Duke being on the list was substandard. The author basically said the only reason they're on there is that they are obnoxious pricks. Well, when you happen to be a member of college basketball royalty alongside Kansas, UNC, Kentucky and UCLA, that privilege is available to you. Not to mention, a good portion of the things fan do at college basketball games were pioneered by Duke fans (jumping up and down and yelling on defense, coordinated chants during free throws, etc.)

I hate Duke and their fans but I can see why they're behind Maryland. Maryland fans are vulgar, not clever, and they burn sh** all the time. Not to mention, they try in vain to make a turtle a feared mascot.

miami fans didn't make the list because they don't even bother to show up on game day anyway

I'm surprised to see UW madison football on there. That stadium is way louder and intense than Ohio State's, imo. I was at the last OSU/Michigan game, maybe it was the weather, but it was rather dead the whole time.

Take Badger fans off...thank you. :)

living in Philly, I can say that the Philly fans have really changed since the new ball parks opened. In the Vet you had people sneaking in under the fence and any criminal could afford to go, it was much tougher. crazy stuff happened. Now it's a pretty corporate crowd, I'd be more worried going to a Raiders game than an Eagles game.

living in Philly, I can say that the Philly fans have really changed since the new ball parks opened. In the Vet you had people sneaking in under the fence and any criminal could afford to go, it was much tougher. crazy stuff happened. Now it's a pretty corporate crowd, I'd be more worried going to a Raiders game than an Eagles game.

Phillies games are tame to what they used to be. When they have college nights (I don't think they do that any more) it gets a little uglier.

You are always going to have the lunatic fringe.

When they have college nights (I don't think they do that any more) it gets a little uglier.

they don't have college nights but they do have "Dollar Dog Nights" which often becomes a drunk fest (i think that dude who puked on the off duty cop's daughter was a dollar dog night)

Archived